Naples Port to Pompeii | Private Guided Shore Excursion
LivTours’ Naples Port to Pompeii is a great tour if you are a history lover who wants to make the most of your vacation time. Enjoy a day of history in comfort and style as you are met by a private driver in a luxury air-conditioned car to be whisked away to nearby Pompeii. Your day is further enhanced by seeing this unique excavation site in the company of an archeologist guide.
This jaw-dropping Roman settlement was destroyed by the explosion of nearby Mt Vesuvius undoubtedly making Pompeii one of Italy’s most well preserved archaeological sites. The maritime town of Pompeii was a typical ancient Roman settlement founded 80 B.C. but a sudden eruption of Mt Vesuvius in 79 A.D. buried it under 6 meters of ash and wiped it off the map until it was rediscovered in 1599. It has the honor of being a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1997 and set out over 163 acres – with 42 acres still to be excavated! Having a knowledgeable guide by your side is essential to discovering the story behind the life and times of this ancient port town and the modern-day excavations which have helped bring it back to life.
Come walk the streets of Pompeii with an expert archaeologist guide!
- Get picked up by our luxury van from the dock of your ship
- Get a comfortable AC ride to Pompeii sites
- Enjoy a 5-star top-rated private 2,5 hrs guide in the archeological sites
- Get some time to wonder on your own and have some lunch
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours’ Naples Port to Pompeii Tour starts directly outside your cruise ship where your private driver will be waiting for you with a comfortable air-conditioned car to take you straight to Pompeii. Upon arrival in Pompeii, you will be met by your guide and together you will enter the world famous excavation that is still active today and being excavated by international archeologists. Be sure to share your interests and curiosities about the excavation site so that your guide can incorporate those into your tour. You will enjoy priority access into Pompeii, maximizing your time with your guide.
One of Italy’s best preserved archaeological sites, Pompeii is best seen with an expert tour guide. The city was an ancient Roman port town founded in 80 B.C., but a sudden eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 A.D. buried Pompeii under 6 meters of ash. Wiped completely off the map, the city was forgotten about until it was rediscovered in 1599.
This horrible incident, which froze daily life in action, allows us a glimpse into ancient Roman life. This private Pompeii tour is guided by an archaeologist, or an archaeology expert, who will paint a picture of the ancient city. They will bring to life images of the hustle and bustle that once filled the streets and buildings. Your private guide will show you the amazing mosaics and murals and walk you around the public baths, constructed with central heating and saunas.
The archaeological area of Pompeii has been a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1997. Many of our exclusive tour guides are archeologists, and they are ready to share amazing anecdotes, discoveries and stories about Pompeii and the surrounding historical areas.
When you have satisfied your hungry minds your private chauffeur will be ready with the car to take you back to your cruise ship in Naples.
- Private Chauffuer to and from the port
- Skip-the-line tickets to Pompeii
- Private tour guide in Pompeii
- Free time for lunch (optional)
- Pompeii is an ongoing excavation site. The suggested itinerary might encounter some changes depending on the archaeologist’s daily duties.
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- Please remember to add your cruise ship details – cruise line name, ship name, and dock – under “Additional information” in the booking form.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
Pompeii, definitely worth a visit
"LivItaly's tour to Pompeii from Naples port made it possible for us to see Pompeii in a stressless and very entertaining manner. The driver who picked us up at the docks spoke fairly good English and was anxious to tell us about the places we were passing as we made our way to Pompeii. There we met our guide, Imma, who was exceptionally knowledgeable and personable. It was a pleasure to walk around the ruins of this fascinating city and to hear about life before and after the volcano tragedy. We were taken back to our ship without any problems. We couldn't have been more pleased with this tour and our guide. "
John LM - USA
Very good shore excursion from Naples
"We wanted to visit Pompeii when our cruise docked in Naples. LivItaly's excursion was the perfect solution. We were met at the port in Naples and taken in a comfortable car right to the entrance of Pompeii where our guide, Marina, was waiting for us with warm smiles and bottles of water. We thoroughly enjoyed the tour of Pompeii especially since Marina made it very special. The site in itself is amazing but the stories she told and extra details she provided about what we were seeing made the experience even better. This is definitely a tour worth taking!"
Rachel M. - USA