Private Naples Shore Excursion | All Inclusive Pompeii & Vesuvius
LivTours’ Naples Shore Excursion, Pompeii & Vesuius Tour is a fantastic option for your day in Naples. A great combination between history and nature is a fun and educational experience for the whole family. Visit the most well preserved ancient Roman city in the world and hike to the top Mt Vesuvius. You will be accompanied by a private driver in a luxury air conditioned car and your own private tour guide for the full day.
Pompeii is one of the most interesting excavations sites. On your private Naples Shore Excursion you will learn the fascinating history of this ancient port town. When the volcano, Vesuvius, had an eruption in 79 AD, Pompeii and the nearby cities were buried under layers of lava and ashes.
- Guarantee yourself a stress-free all-inclusive day off your ship
- Enjoy the luxury and comfort of our beautiful vans
- Admire and explore Pompeii's sites with our top-rated guide
- Get some free time for lunch or upgrade to our Bosco de Medici experience
- Adventure yourself up to the eye-lid of Mt Vesuvius
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
On LivTours’ Naples Shore Excursion, your tour starts the minute you set foot on dry land. Your private driver will pick you up in a comfortable air conditioned car and whisk you to the Pompeii excavation sites where you will meet your expert private guide.
After the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD, the city remained covered in ashes until 1500 years later and excavation is still going on. The Pompeii Excavation Site gives you a unique insight into the daily life of ancient Romans and you will be impressed by how advanced ancient Roman cities actually were, especially considering the time in which they were designed and built. Your private archaeologist guide will walk with you on the original cobblestone streets, taking time to look inside the most well preserved homes while your guide shares with you the interesting stories and history of Pompeii.
You have certainly worked up an appetite by now, and before you start your hike to the top of Vesuvius, the volcano that caused the disaster, you will have time for a lunch break in a local restaurant (not included in the price).
Your private driver will take you almost to the top of the Vesuvius. The last part of the trail is only accessible by foot, so your driver will leave you as close as possible to the walking path where you can choose to continue the trail on your own or wait for the local Alpine guide who will accompany you along the trail with a group of fellow travelers. In either case, get ready to look right into the eye of one of the most talked about active volcanoes in the world – Mt Vesuvius. Get your camera ready for the unbeatable panoramic views of the entire Bay of Naples. Please note that the hike is not difficult and is therefore suitable for most children and adults.
Once you are back at the car your private driver will take you back to the cruise ship in time for boarding. When you are sailing off you will see the top of Vesuvius for miles and know that you cherish the memories of this adventurous day!
ADD ON: WINE TASTING & LUNCH AT A LOCAL VINEYARD
Don’t want your tour to end? Add on a Wine Tasting at a nearby Pompeii Vineyard.
If you would like to see a bit more of the area near Pompeii, you can opt to add on a for a few more hours of touring to a nearby family-run vineyard in the Vesuvian hills. This local vineyard is rooted in tradition, born of a hobby of the nonno (grandfather) of a local Italian family, which was later passed on and revived by his grandchildren, young entrepreneurs who today run the establishment, turning their grandfather’s dream into reality.
They are producing exceptional wines which somehow manage to capture the aromas of southern Italy in a glass. Upon arrival to the winery, you will be met by a local winery guide who will take you on a tour explaining the bio-dynamic techniques used in production, as well as some of the ancient techniques they have started using that actually mirror production methods used by the Romans. Get a glimpse of the wine cellar, vineyard and even an excavation site right on the territory – after all, this is Pompeii!
No winery tour would be complete without a wine tasting and you will get to taste three local wines followed by a delicious light meal which includes an appetizer, main course and a dessert. You are sure to enjoy the stories, landscape and of course the wine of this third generation winery.
End your day like a local with good wine, good food and good company!
- Full Day Chauffuer
- Pompeii & Mt Vesuvius Skip-the-line tickets
- Private tour guide in Pompeii
- 2.5hr Pompeii archeological site visit
- Free Time for lunch
- Free time to hike Mt Vesuvius
- Lunch and wine tasting (optional)
- Pompeii is an ongoing excavation site. The suggested itinerary might encounter some changes depending on the archaeologist’s daily duties.
- Please remember to add the company and name of your cruise ship under “Additional information” in the booking form.
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
"We were very interested in seeing Pompeii but when we saw that LivItaly offered a tour which would pick us up from our cruise ship and take us not just to Pompeii but also to visit Mt. Vesuvius, it sounded like the perfect way to spend our day. We were infact extremely happy with this choice. Pompeii is, of course, a must-see with its fascinating history and all that is miraculously preserved. But you really get the picture about what happened when you visit Mt. Vesuvius. We had an amazing day and will recommend to all! Thank you LivItaly!"
Alice M. - USA