Private Pompeii & Vesuvius Tour | Day Trip from Rome
LivTours’ Pompeii Vesuvius Hike & Tour is a unique tour that gives you a full overview of the life and times of the residents of Pompeii, as well as climbing to the top of the very mountain guilty for its demise. This is the perfect private tour for history buffs and adventure seekers who want an active day trip away from Rome.
Your Private Mount Vesuvius Tour begins at your hotel where you will be met by your LivTours’ chauffeur in a luxury, air conditioned car that will comfortably take you south to Pompeii where you will be met by your private expert local guide.
- Revel in the luxury of chauffeured transportation with hotel pick up and drop off
- Enjoy privileged access to the archaeological sites with your private tour guide
- Hike to the very top of Mount Vesuvius with a well-trained mountain guide
- Feel the warmth of the active volcano of Mt Vesuvius as you stare into the crater
- Marvel at the amazing views of the Gulf of Naples and the exciting history of Pompeii
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
On your LivTours’ Private Pompeii Vesuvius Tour, you will be met by your private guide upon arrival in Pompeii. Your guide will accompany you directly into the ruins with LivTours priority access, which means not waiting in lines! Listening to the heartwarming tales of what the last day of local residents’ lives were like on that day in 79 AD, you will learn about daily life in an ancient Roman settlement.
Discover why Pompeii is so well preserved and how it managed to remain a hidden gem up until nearly the end of the 16th century! Marvel at the spectacular frescoes, mosaics and enter homes and shops that once shaped this trading port town. Some of the sites you will be visiting include the Forum, the House of the Faun, House of Sallust, House of Julia Felix, as well as, getting to see some of the preserved bodies. This is truly a once in a lifetime look into history.
After touring Pompeii, you surely will have worked up an appetite. Your guide and driver will suggest a local restaurant based on your tastes. Enjoy some time to yourselves as you taste the flavors of Neapolitan cuisine. Please note, lunch is not included in the price of this tour.
After a memorable lunch, your chauffeur will drive you to Mount Vesuvius. Taking you to the highest point reachable by car, you will have plenty of time to explore this natural wonder and the breathtaking views it offers on your own. Your driver will accompany you to the start of the walking path where you can choose to walk even further on your own or, if time allows, you have the choice of waiting for the official mountain guides who can take you further up the trail with a group of other travellers. This is sure to be a memorable experience so bring your courage and your camera!
From the top of this active volcano, you enjoy the most amazing views of both inside and outside of the volcano. Look one way and you are looking into the eye of the volcano, look the other you have a stunning view over the Gulf of Naples.
Your Private Mount Vesuvius Tour reaches an end once you are back with your driver. Now, sit back, relax and before you know it, you will be back in Rome!
LivTours’ Mount Vesuvius Tour will include walking and moderate climbing, so please bring comfortable shoes and attire.
- Full Day Chauffuer from Rome
- Skip-the-line tickets to Pompeii
- 2 hrs Private Pompeii Tour
- Free time for lunch
- Skip-the-line tickets to Mt Vesuvius Park
- Time to hike to the top
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- Pompeii is an ongoing excavation site. The suggested itinerary might encounter some changes depending on the archaeologists daily duties.
- If Mt Vesuvius should be unaccessible for weather or similar reasons, your driver will offer an alternative activity.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, you are required to wear a mask for the entire duration of the tour. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
"When we were researching for a tour of Pompeii, we decided to book with LivItaly because they offered a Pompeii AND Mount Vesuvius tour. We were picked up from our hotel in Rome and drove in comfort down to Pompeii. There, our private guide, took us to the highlights of this ancient city and was so enthusiastic and passionate, we really could feel those ancient times come alive. Then on to Mount Vesuvius where we hiked up to the top and looked down into the crater. The views of the southern italian countryside and Naples bay were just breathtaking. We were extremely pleased with this tour and will recommend it to everyone we know."
Melinda - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.