Semi-Private Colosseum VR Tour | Arena Floor, Gladiator Gate & Ancient City
LivTours Semi-Private Colosseum VR Tour is the perfect tour to explore Ancient Rome! You will visit the Colosseum, Palatine Hill & Roman Forum with an expert tour guide in a semi-private group with a maximum of six people. Using virtual reality glasses, you will get a real taste for what Rome looked like in its heyday.
LivTours’ VR glasses allow you to see reconstructions of the surrounding architecture allowing you to picture what Rome looked like some 2,000 years ago.
LIVTOURS VR GLASSES
One pair of LivTours original VR cardboard glasses will be distributed and gifted to every two people on tour. We leave it up to you to use them when you want while on tour. Travelers are advised to use them at their own discretion keeping in mind safety concerns within the archaeological sites. In order to use the glasses, you must download the LivTours app (via Apple or Android store) before the tour, and be sure to take along your smartphone with the app already downloaded for the tour.
- Visit the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill on this semi-private tour
- See Rome as it was 2000 years ago with LivTours Virtual Reality glasses
- Enjoy LivTours' exclusive skip-the-line access into the iconic Colosseum
- Hear about the epic battles and stories that have shaped the Eternal City
- Download the LivTours app which includes VR reconstructions of Rome
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Colosseum VR Tour begins at the iconic Colosseum. You and your semi-private group will enjoy priority access into the Colosseum enabling you to skip the very long lines and make the most of your day! After an introduction to the history of this ancient venue, you will be gifted with cardboard VR glasses. Simply slip your phone in the case and enjoy LivTours exclusive 360-degree virtual reality reconstructions of the Colosseum and the surrounding hills. Your expert guide will help you get a closer look atwhat gladiatorial fights were like in this very arena thousands of years ago.
Climb to the second ring and enjoy the view from Caesar’s balcony, hear amazing stories and anecdotes, and get a better picture of just what it all looked like thousands of years ago by viewing it from your VR glasses.
VISIT PALATINE HILL & ROMAN FORUM
After concluding your visit to the Colosseum, your semi-private group tour will move on to another magnificent archaeological site – the nearby Palatine Hill and Roman Forum. Learn about the origins of Rome and the strategy that helped this ancient power grow. Climbing to the very top of this beautiful archeological park you will be able to admire one of the most stunning views to Circus Maximus. Currently, you will only see a lovely grass field, but slip your glasses on once again and you will be able to see what it looked like when Emperor Nero held chariot races. While listening to your guides’ stories about ancient Rome, you will gain a new appreciation for just how advanced they were and how epic this panoramic view must have been at the time.
Next, it is on to visit the political and commercial center of ancient Rome – the Roman Forum. The sheer size of the excavation site and the remarkably intact ruins of basilicas, political buildings, temples and more and will stimulate your imagination of the Roman life of the ancient past. Your guide will delight you with stories of emperors and the over-the-top lifestyles of ancient Rome’s rich and famous. One of the greatest wonders of Rome, this open-air archeological site is brought to life on this guided semi-private tour.
Imagine the vibrant debates of toga-clad Roman senators in the Curia, and the discussions that may have taken place during the cremation of Julius Caesar right in that very spot. Allow your expert guide to painting a picture of the colorful victory parades of Roman soldiers as they passed through the magnificent arches after conquests. Have one more look through your glasses and and see what it all looked like 2000 years ago. The glasses are yours to take home, so you can enjoy the simulations even from the comfort of your home long after your vacation has ended.
- Cardboard VR goggles
- VR reconstructions on LivTours APP
- VIP Arena Floor Access
- Main Floor & 1st Tier
- Roman Forum
- Ancient City & Imperial Forum
- VR cardboard glasses by no means replace your tour guide’s efforts and descriptions and serve only as an enhancement to the tour. They are in no way, shape, or form a video game, but instead, offer 360-degree visual reconstructions of the architectural wonders that surround you.
- The above itinerary is an example, the order of the sites might change depending on the scheduled slot.
- Guests with wheelchair accessibility needs will find difficulty with this semi-private tour. In order to ensure a tour with alternative routes, please inquire with our customer support team and we will find you a barrier-free tour.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Must show Vaccination or Negative test for Italy & France ToursFor all France and Italy tours that include an indoor activity, a museum or an archeological park visit, it is now National Law in both countries, to present a covid-19 vaccination card OR negative covid-19 test result from the past 48 hrs accompanied by your personal ID to the local authorities for all adults over the age of 12. Lack of ability to present such documentation may result in loss of tour and funds lifting LivTours from all responsibilities.
Really liked the VR addition
"This is an AMAZING tour! We LOVED the VR glasses! They really helped us see what it was like in ancient times and we could compare with how it is today! Really fascinating! And our kids had a ball!!"
Benjamin - UK
Great small group tour with VR
"This is a super tour!! We loved the VR glasses and the extra understanding that they gave us as to how things were (and how they are now). The Forum made more sense thanks to our guide -- otherwise, it's alot of stones and columns that are hard to imagine."
Larry - USA
Will definitely book again
"We had a great experience with LivItaly Tours. Even though the day was cold and raining, our tour guide, Marco, made the experience very enjoyable. Marco was professional and knowledgeable of ancient and present day Rome. We are already planning a trip back to Rome and I'll definitely choose LivItaly Tours again! Thank you Marco!"
Pamela - Canada
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.