Semi-Private Colosseum VR Tour | Arena Floor, Gladiator Gate & Ancient City
LivTours Semi-Private Colosseum VR Tour is the perfect tour to explore Ancient Rome! You will visit the Colosseum, Palatine Hill & Roman Forum with an expert tour guide in a semi-private group with a maximum of six people. Using virtual reality glasses, you will get a real taste for what Rome looked like in its heyday.
LivTours’ VR glasses allow you to see reconstructions of the surrounding architecture allowing you to picture what Rome looked like some 2,000 years ago.
LIVTOURS VR GLASSES
One pair of LivTours original VR cardboard glasses will be distributed and gifted to every two people on tour. We leave it up to you to use them when you want while on tour. Travelers are advised to use them at their own discretion keeping in mind safety concerns within the archaeological sites. In order to use the glasses, you must download the LivTours app (via Apple or Android store) before the tour, and be sure to take along your smartphone with the app already downloaded for the tour.
- Visit the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill on this semi-private tour
- See Rome as it was 2000 years ago with LivTours Virtual Reality glasses
- Enjoy LivTours' exclusive skip-the-line access into the iconic Colosseum
- Hear about the epic battles and stories that have shaped the Eternal City
- Download the LivTours app which includes VR reconstructions of Rome
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Colosseum VR Tour begins at the iconic Colosseum. You and your semi-private group will enjoy priority access into the Colosseum enabling you to skip the very long lines and make the most of your day! After an introduction to the history of this ancient venue, you will be gifted with cardboard VR glasses. Simply slip your phone in the case and enjoy LivTours exclusive 360-degree virtual reality reconstructions of the Colosseum and the surrounding hills. Your expert guide will help you get a closer look atwhat gladiatorial fights were like in this very arena thousands of years ago.
Climb to the second ring and enjoy the view from Caesar’s balcony, hear amazing stories and anecdotes, and get a better picture of just what it all looked like thousands of years ago by viewing it from your VR glasses.
VISIT PALATINE HILL & ROMAN FORUM
After concluding your visit to the Colosseum, your semi-private group tour will move on to another magnificent archaeological site – the nearby Palatine Hill and Roman Forum. Learn about the origins of Rome and the strategy that helped this ancient power grow. Climbing to the very top of this beautiful archeological park you will be able to admire one of the most stunning views to Circus Maximus. Currently, you will only see a lovely grass field, but slip your glasses on once again and you will be able to see what it looked like when Emperor Nero held chariot races. While listening to your guides’ stories about ancient Rome, you will gain a new appreciation for just how advanced they were and how epic this panoramic view must have been at the time.
Next, it is on to visit the political and commercial center of ancient Rome – the Roman Forum. The sheer size of the excavation site and the remarkably intact ruins of basilicas, political buildings, temples and more and will stimulate your imagination of the Roman life of the ancient past. Your guide will delight you with stories of emperors and the over-the-top lifestyles of ancient Rome’s rich and famous. One of the greatest wonders of Rome, this open-air archeological site is brought to life on this guided semi-private tour.
Imagine the vibrant debates of toga-clad Roman senators in the Curia, and the discussions that may have taken place during the cremation of Julius Caesar right in that very spot. Allow your expert guide to painting a picture of the colorful victory parades of Roman soldiers as they passed through the magnificent arches after conquests. Have one more look through your glasses and and see what it all looked like 2000 years ago. The glasses are yours to take home, so you can enjoy the simulations even from the comfort of your home long after your vacation has ended.
- Cardboard VR goggles
- VR reconstructions on LivTours APP
- VIP Arena Floor Access
- Main Floor & 1st Tier
- Roman Forum
- Ancient City & Imperial Forum
- VR cardboard glasses by no means replace your tour guide’s efforts and descriptions and serve only as an enhancement to the tour. They are in no way, shape, or form a video game, but instead, offer 360-degree visual reconstructions of the architectural wonders that surround you.
- The above itinerary is an example, the order of the sites might change depending on the scheduled slot.
- Guests with wheelchair accessibility needs will find difficulty with this semi-private tour. In order to ensure a tour with alternative routes, please inquire with our customer support team and we will find you a barrier-free tour.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols.
Will definitely book again
"We had a great experience with LivItaly Tours. Even though the day was cold and raining, our tour guide, Marco, made the experience very enjoyable. Marco was professional and knowledgeable of ancient and present day Rome. We are already planning a trip back to Rome and I'll definitely choose LivItaly Tours again! Thank you Marco!"
Pamela - Canada
Wonderful afternoon in Ancient Rome
"There were only 6 of us on this 'small group tour' of the Colosseum. This allowed us to move easily through the various locations and we could hear the guide well without the use of amplifiers, earbuds etc. The guide, Francesca, told us much about the history of Rome, the Colosseum and the related sites that we saw - the Forum, the Palatine and more. We went inside the Colosseum, under it, and above it. The views were spectacular and having the VR glasses really puts everything into perspective. The stories she told us about the wild animals that were used and where they were kept under the floor of the Colosseum were very interesting and new to us. Francesca was very knowledgeable about the art, the history and times of these ruins. We would recommend her and this company for a thorough, interesting and pleasant afternoon tour."
DoreenD - USA
"Our tour of the Colosseum and the underground, with Arianna, was a fantastic experience. Her knowledge of the area and its history was impressive. She made the ancient ruins “come alive” as we walked the Forum and the other areas of the ancient city and the VR glasses only added to the experience. We had a wonderful time! Grazie!!"
Betsy - USA