Highlights of the Vatican & Sistine Chapel Tour | Semi-Private
LivTours Highlights Vatican & Sistine Chapel Tour is an ideal way to experience the Vatican Museums, which include Saint Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel, and get a complete overview of one of the world’s largest art collections. With your expert guide and groups no larger than 6 travelers, you will have direct access to your guide giving you a memorable experience! This tour is perfect for first-time or repeat visitors to Rome.
This semi-private tour guarantees a maximum of six people per group so you can fully enjoy your Vatican experience in a more intimate environment with your guide. Your Vatican & Sistine Chapel Tour takes you to most of the Vatican highlights, from antiquity to Renaissance – over 2000 years of history in one museum!
Your semi-private guide will delight you with information about little-known stories and gossip of popes and the artists commissioned by them to create the works found in the Vatican Museum such as tapestries, candelabras, fresco maps, Raphael Rooms, and of course, the Sistine Chapel.
- Enjoy a semi-private tour of no more than 6 people max with skip-the-line entrance
- Discover the masterpieces of the Vatican Museum with your expert guide by your side
- See works by Bramante, Michelangelo, Bernini, Bramante & Raphael on one tour
- Visit the world's largest Christian basilica, known as the resting place of St Peter
- See the world's most prized artwork up close with anecdotes of millennial old history
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your Semi-Private Highlights Vatican & Sistine Chapel Tour begins with a friendly welcome from your expert tour guide and direct access to the Vatican Museums with LivTours’ priority access, so no waiting on any lines! Once inside, you will begin to learn about the amazing art which is housed here, seeing the wonders of the Pinecone and Octagonal Courtyard and the Belvedere Torso, a statue studied by the greats – even Michelangelo! Later on, you will take a stroll throughout the Round Room, and admire the Constantine coffins of the Greek room.
Your expert guide will take you to see the Gallery of Tapestries; housing handcrafted tapestries by Pieter van Aelst’s School which were created from drawings by Raphael’s pupils! Next, it is on to the Gallery of Maps, just imagine, wall to wall hand-painted maps which will give you an idea of the 16th-century maps which will give you an idea of geography visuals from the past. From there it is on to see the recently restored Raphael Rooms which are sure to take your breath away! As you easily spin through the afternoon crowds, you will appreciate the size of your semi-private group. Admire one of Raphael’s masterworks – The School of Athens and learn about all the historic greats and even some contemporaries he carefully placed within this masterful painting.
After this, it’s time to head over to see one of the shining masterpieces of the tour – Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel. After admiring the 8,000 square feet of Michelangelo’s masterpiece, your expert tour guide will take you towards your final stop, St. Peter’s Basilica where you will enjoy exclusive direct access. Your guide will take you through the most immense and ornate Catholic church in the world, sharing with you the most amazing pieces of art – including Michelangelo’s dramatic statue of the Pietà. This statue of the Virgin Mary holding her dying child in her arms is one of the most stunning pieces held in the basilica. Another must-see work of art is Bernini’s alter canopy, which is made of an astounding 100,000 pounds of gilded bronze.
This comprehensive tour will give you an idea of the grandeur of Vatican City and the artwork it holds.
Continue Exploring On Your Own! Your guide will leave you inside Saint Peter’s Basilica, allowing you ample time to continue your exploration, if you so desire, of the Papal Tombs, and even climbing to the top of the Dome.
- Skip-the-line into the Vatican
- Fully guided experience
- Groups of maximum 6 people
- Pinecone and Octagonal Courtyard
- Belvedere Torso
- The round room
- Constantine coffins
- Gallery of Tapestries
- Gallery of Maps
- Raphaels rooms
- The School of Athens painting
- Sistine Chapel
- Michelangelos ceiling & Last Judgement
- St Peters Basilica
- Berninis bronze alter canopy
- St Peters square
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- There is no photography allowed inside the Sistine Chapel.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is an active church and can be closed unexpectedly for liturgical ceremonies. If closed, the time inside the Vatican Museums will be extended.
- Saint Peter’s Basilica is closed on most Wednesdays mornings due to the weekly Papal Audience. If you book this tour for a Wednesday the time inside the Vatican Museums will be extended.
- Please be aware that the Sistine Chapel is a Holy Place and talking during your visit inside is strictly forbidden, therefore your guide will give you an explanation of the Sistine Chapel beforehand during your tour, in order to give you a comprehensive explanation before entering the chapel.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the Museum.
- Guests with wheelchair accessibility needs will find difficulty with this small group tour. In order to ensure a barrier-free tour with alternative routes, please book the private version of this tour.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Must show Vaccination or Negative test for Italy & France ToursFor all France and Italy tours that include an indoor activity, a museum or an archeological park visit, it is now National Law in both countries, to present a covid-19 vaccination card OR negative covid-19 test result from the past 48 hrs accompanied by your personal ID to the local authorities for all adults over the age of 12. Lack of ability to present such documentation may result in loss of tour and funds lifting LivTours from all responsibilities.
St Peter's Basilica Direct AccessThe passage between the Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter's Basilica is currently closed due to covid-19 physical distancing measures. This means that in order to enter the Church your tour will need to go around the Vatican State walls. Our top-rated guides will do their best to include a tour of the Basilica, but this may not always be possible due to the distance between the sites. In the eventuality this would not be possible, our guides will ensure a complete orientation of the Basilica so that you will collect the information prior to your visit. Please be aware that this alert may have expired by the date of your tour.
"My girlfriends and I were on a weekend in Rome and booked this tour. We were very impressed with the fine organization, very accommodating customer services, absolutely brilliant guide and perfect pace of the tour. We were spellbound from beginning to end. "
Phyllis - UK
Couldn't have been happier with this tour
"The Vatican museum is gigantic. You have to walk through a good portion of the museum to get to the Sistine Chapel. If you haven't booked a tour, you stand in line for hours before you even get in. Not to mention, trying to navigate the museum with huge amounts of people all around you. On this tour, we watched as everyone ELSE suffered. We had a fantastic guide who took us right in (no waiting), knew all the little nooks along the way where we were out of the traffic of the crowds and could quietly listen to what she had to say. There were just 5 people in our group so very easy to manage. The best part is the build-up that our guide gave us before our entrance into the Sistine Chapel. WOW, it was breathtaking!! "
Noel - Canada
Ended up being a great experience
"After we saw how big the Vatican museum is and how much there is to see, we are really happy that we decided to take a tour which concentrates on the highlights. I think we would have been so overwhelmed and exhausted that we would have hated the whole day if it hadn't been for this tour. The other really good thing about booking this tour is that you don't have to stand in the long line, which snaked clear down the street and around the corner from the museum entrance. Go ahead and book this tour -- you won't be sorry."
Chandler - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.