Private Highlights Vatican Guided Tour
LivTours Private Highlights Vatican Guided Tour allows you to take the opportunity to thoroughly explore the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica, at your own pace with your own private LivTours guide. Exploring the highlight of one of the world’s largest and most important art collections with a knowledgeable guide and priority access makes for an unforgettable experience. The luxury of a private tour is that you have direct access to your guide, allowing you to ask questions and receive individual and exclusive attention. Your private guide will be happy to tailor your Vatican visit to suit your preferences.
You will be dazzled by the amazing pieces of art that can be found in St Peter’s, including the only signed piece by Michelangelo. If you would like you can enhance your experience by adding on an hour to your tour to visit the Cabinet of the Masks, a Vatican secret room, at an additional cost. This is a room that is closed off to the general public and only opened for Vatican Silver Level Collaborators, like LivTours, making it a perfect addition to your Vatican tour.
- Enjoy priority entrance to the Vatican Museum on this exclusive private tour
- Revel in the luxury of a customized tour with a private expert guide by your side
- Explore the art collection, including Michelangelo’s masterpiece, the Sistine Chapel
- Admire famous works of art by Michelangelo, Raphael & other Renaissance greats
- Marvel at the 96 foot tall bronze canopy over the main altar in St Peter’s Basilica
- Upgrade your tour to get access to a Vatican Secret Room exclusive to LivTours
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Private Highlights Vatican Guided Tour starts by entering through the Vatican’s VIP entrance and skipping the often long lines and start your tour without any delay. This exclusive experience allows you to take in all of the Papal Palace highlights, including the vast collection of Greek & Roman statues, among them the stunning Laocoon and the inspiring Apollo Belvedere. With your private guide, you will learn the fascinating stories of the statues which occupy this charming courtyard.
Your private LivTours tour guide will weave together the fascinating history adding in the little-known stories about the Popes and the artists who walked these lavish hallways. Soak up the intriguing gossip that only a private tour guide can provide. After a thorough visit of the museums, your tour continues to the Sistine Chapel. This stunning room is home to one of the most important examples of Michelangelo’s artistic greatness. Take your time to admire the top to bottom details of this absolutely breathtaking room.
The last stop on your private Vatican tour is the stunning St. Peter’s Basilica. You will enjoy skipping another long line as your guide shares with you the masterpieces of the largest and most ornate church in the world. This magnificent tour promises to teach, entertain, and give you new insights into the wonderful art and history in Vatican City.
UPGRADE YOUR TOUR & UNLOCK A VATICAN SECRET ROOM
LivTours is proud to be a Vatican Silver Level Collaborator, which allows us to offer you additional upgrades to this tour. Guests booking the Private Vatican Guided Tour with Sistine Chapel are welcome to upgrade their tour, adding an entire hour to your tour so you can access a Vatican hidden room that very few visitors get to see – The Cabinet of the Masks. Guests will be privy to ancient Roman art such as beautiful statues of Nymph and Aphrodite, inspired by the works of Ancient Greeks. There are numerous art pieces to see in this secret room, but one of the most important art pieces is the series of complex mosaics taken from Emperor Hadrian’s Villa in Tivoli – this is the 2nd Century BC piece after which the Cabinet of the Masks is named. Your private tour guide will also take you to the Hall of Animals, or otherwise known as the “Stone Zoo”, as well as to the Hall of Busts where you can see masterpieces from the Pio Clementino Museum.
Your expert guide will seamlessly incorporate this hidden gem into your tour and give you a thorough look at art that dates back two thousand years.
- Skip-the-line to the Vatican Museums
- Pinecone Courtyard
- Octagonal Courtyard
- Muses Room
- Round Room
- Greek Cross Room
- Gallery of Tapestries
- Gallery of Candelabra
- Gallery of Maps
- Raphael Rooms
- Sistine Chapel
- Borgia Apartments
- Saint Peter's Basilica
- Secret Rooms (optional)
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- There is no photography allowed in some or all areas of this tour.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is an active church and can be closed unexpectedly for liturgical ceremonies. If closed, the time inside the Vatican Museums will be extended.
- Saint Peter’s Basilica is closed on most Wednesdays mornings due to the weekly Papal Audience. If you book this tour for a Wednesday the time inside the Vatican Museums will be extended.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is an active church and can be closed unexpectedly for liturgical ceremonies. If closed, the time inside the Vatican Museums will be extended. On Wednesday mornings the Holy Father is having his weekly audience in Saint Peter’s Square and due to security, Saint Peter’s Basilica is closed. If you book an early morning tour on a Wednesday, we can therefore not guarantee access to the Basilica.
- Please be aware that the Sistine Chapel is a Holy Place and talking during your visit inside is strictly forbidden, therefore your guide will give you an explanation of the Sistine Chapel beforehand during your tour, in order to give you a comprehensive explanation before entering the chapel.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the Museum.
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- ADD ON: The Cabinet of the Masks Add on is not available for 11 AM, Noon and 1 PM starting times.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
Great tour, great experience
"We did a private tour of the Vatican with Rich yesterday...it was absolutely incredible! He is so knowledgeable, I can’t even begin to tell you everything he told us! I wish the tour could have been 5 more hours! We loved every minute and will never forget this experience!"
Jeannie M. - USA