Private Pompeii & Amalfi Coast Day Tour from Rome
LivTours’ Amalfi Coast Day Tour from Rome is a unique private experience designed for curious travelers with limited vacation time. Explore the beautiful scenery and history on your private day trip from Rome. Enjoy the wonders of Pompeii and the stunning beauty of the Amalfi Coast in one day. Leave Rome behind and head down south along the stunning Mediterranean Coast and spend your morning touring the ancient ruins of Pompeii and spend your afternoon leisurely touring the beauty of the Amalfi Coast. This full day private tour combines history and beauty!
- Ride in luxury with a private chauffeured car to and from your hotel in Rome
- Enjoy exclusive access to the ruins of Pompeii with your expert private guide
- Savor a delicious traditional lunch in the southern coastal town of Sorrento
- Marvel at the towns of the Amalfi Coast while enjoying the breathtaking views
- Devote your afternoon in Positano to shopping or enjoying the gorgeous beach
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your private Amalfi Coast Tour from Rome begins with a pick-up directly from your hotel. Your LivTours chauffeur will whisk you south in a luxury climate-controlled car to Pompeii where you will meet your private expert guide. Get ready for a memorable tour of one of the world’s most famous and well preserved archaeological ruins.
Upon meeting your guide, take a few moments to express your areas of interests so you can truly customize your tour. You will enjoy LivTours exclusive access to the ruins, so there is no waiting in line, allowing you to make the most of your day!
Your private tour guide will take you back in time as they explain the details about this once active ancient Roman port city. Conquered in 80BC, it was devastated just under a century later in 79 AD when Mt Vesuvius erupted causing the city to be buried in ash. It remained that way, untouched until 1599, when excavations started. In fact, it is still an active excavation site!
You will learn about the daily lives of Pompeii’s residents – what types of jobs they had, what they did for entertainment, how they enjoyed their free time and what type of people they were. This well-preserved city has a thousand stories to tell thanks to archaeological findings and continuous research.
To this day archaeologists are continually digging up, restoring and preserving the incredible remains. Your private guide will keep you up to date with any new findings!
Your guide will be sure to share with you the prestigious mosaics from the House of Vetti and other exclusive houses of the rich and famous of this ancient Roman city. Walk through the incredible public bath houses and admire the advanced engineering. Details like central heating show us how advanced the Romans were, not to mention how much it must have improved the daily life of the Pompeiians, paving the way for many modern engineering. Your private LivTours guide will spark your imagination with the history of the people that once inhabited the cobblestone streets of Pompeii.
LUNCH ALONG THE COAST
Now that you have covered the history part of your tour, it is time to meet your driver and head to the picturesque Amalfi Coast! Your driver will first take you to a coastal restaurant where you can enjoy lunch while admiring the deep blue sea and magnificent views. (Please note, lunch is not included in the price of the tour). Even the Italians themselves, will tell you that the best cuisine (after their mother’s) is from this area. With outstanding pizza and pasta, eating in a coastal town turns lunch into a true Italian experience.
Spend your time enjoying your delicious southern Italian meal and the soft Mediterranean breeze before your afternoon drive through the winding roads of the Amalfi Coast.
AMALFI COAST | CHOOSE BETWEEN A TRIP TO SORRENTO OR POSITANO
After a delicious Italian lunch, it is your turn to experience the stunning Amalfi Coast. Your driver will take you along the coastal road so that you can enjoy views of the cliff-side towns, leaving travelers in awe for centuries. Choose between spending an afternoon in Positano, one of the most beautiful towns on the Amalfi Coast or Sorrento, a town overlooking the Bay of Naples.
Positano is filled with shops selling handmade sandals, ceramics and even one-of-a kind perfumes and fragrances.
Positano is a picture perfect town filled with shops selling handmade sandals, ceramics and even one-of-a kind perfumes and fragrances. Make unforgettable memories as you wander along the charming streets towards the Mediterranean.
Or head to Sorrento and try a traditional limoncello, made with fresh Amalfi lemons. We can assure you that you have never seen lemons this big before, nor such refreshing limoncello! You can actually eat the lemons raw, but you can also choose a more popular option of drinking their citrus juice as most Italians do! There really is no better place to try this Italian drink than in its hometown.
Your Private Amalfi Coast Day Tour from Rome will come to an end as evening approaches with your driver taking you back to Rome in the safety and comfort of their luxury car. Make a lifetime of memories from this incredible day!
ADD ON: WINE TASTING & LUNCH AT A LOCAL VINEYARD
Want to spend more time in this part of Italy, why not add on a Wine Tasting at a local Pompeii Winery.
If you want to see a bit more of Pompeii, why not go the traditional route and tour a third generation family run winery set in the Vesuvian hills. Rooted in a long tradition, the winery was started as a hobby by the nonno (grandfather) of the current generation of young entrepreneurs. Expanding on his idea, they are producing exceptional wines.
Your winery guide will meet you when you arrive and take you on tour to see the bio-dynamic techniques they use in production. Visit the wine cellar, walk in the vineyards and explore the on-site excavation pit.
You will get to taste three of the winery’s wines followed by a delicious light meal which includes a starter, first course and a dessert. Sit back and enjoy the stories, landscape and the delicious wine of this vineyard that has been in the family for three generations.
- Private full day Chauffuer
- Private Tour guide in Pompeii
- Skip-the-line tickets to Pompeii
- Costal Drive from Sorrento to Positano
- Free time in Positano
- Numerous stops for pictures
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- Pompeii is an ongoing excavation site. The suggested itinerary might encounter some changes depending on the archaeologist’s daily duties. The itinerary of the entire day may be subject to small last minute changes according to road-blocks, weather, traffic and more.
- LivTours reserves the right to switch the order of the day in order to guarantee a stress-free day-trip and avoid likely traffic blocks during summer beach days, etc.
- Due to road construction, heavy traffic surrounds the entire area of Sorrento, especially on the weekends. Our driver will advise to spend more time in the Amalfi Coast rather than attempting entering Sorrento and losing precious time in Positano and/or Pompeii.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, you are required to wear a mask for the entire duration of the tour. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
3 great tours with LivItaly
"Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children ages 14 and 10) did three tours with LivItaly during our recent trip to Rome (Colosseum with Underground/Roman Forum/Pallatine Hill, Early Entrance Vatican Museum with Sistene Chapel/St. Peter’s Basilica, and Pompeii Day Trip with Amalfi Coast). All of our guides were fantastic and very knowledgeable. We loved the small group size. Will definitely recommend LivItaly!"
JamieS. - UK