Semi-Private Vatican Tour at Night | The Museums at Their Best
LivTours Semi-Private Vatican Tour at Night is a unique and truly special way to experience the world-famous Vatican Museums and the magic of the Sistine Chapel. Beat the larger daytime crowds (and the heat) of Roman summers on this seasonal Vatican tour and enjoy the Museums with the lightness of the cool evening breeze. You and your small group of only 6 people will enter the Museums in the evening hours, long after afternoon crowds have left so you can relax while navigating the impressive papal collections, rich galleries, and beautiful rooms, all in the quiet of the early evening hours.
You will be led by a LivTours top-rated expert guide who will be your source of knowledge and fun for the evening. Thanks to the intimacy of our exclusive small group size of 6 or less, and the absence of the thousands of daytime visitors, you will have the time and space to ask any questions you might have and to truly take it all in. What a way to spend your evening!
- Skip the Line and enjoy the Vatican Museums without the daytime crowds & heat
- Enjoy the magic of the evening hours as your explore the Museums’ collections
- Marvel at the Sistine Chapel, one of Michelangelo’s most famous masterpiece
- Admire the beauty of St. Peter’s Basilica lit up at night, an ideal snapshot
- Expect the professionalism of a 5 star guide to accompany you throughout
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your Vatican Tour at Night includes all the highlights of the Vatican Museums incredible collections. Travel through time and art epochs as you marvel at the ancient Greek and Roman statues and delight in the beautiful and breathtaking Raphael Rooms. Walk down the impressive Gallery of Maps and listen carefully to all the stories behind the wall-to-wall topographical depictions of Italy that line the entire gallery. The amazing Gallery of Tapestries is sure to get you curious with its impressive collection of giant hand-woven tapestries, rich with optical illusions and unexpected visual effects.
Your LivTours guide will share magnificent stories with you about the history of the Vatican and all the intense rivalries between the artists whose works fill its hallways and rooms. Plus, you will also get to hear lively gossip about the Popes who lived within the splendor of the Vatican walls.
Curious for more? Your small group of only 6 people will allow you all the time and space to ask questions and dive more deeply into what sparks your curiosity.
Your Vatican Tour at Night will culminate at the Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo’s masterpiece, the most famous ceiling in the world. Words never do its incredible beauty justice. Experience its magnificence as you look upward and around, an experience that is highlighted by the softness of evening light which brings to life interesting details which are not always as visible during the day.
As you exit the Sistine Chapel, you will loop through the hallways of the Vatican and exit into St. Peter’s Square. Here you will admire the glory of the world’s largest church immersed in picture-perfect evening light. It is truly an unforgettable sight, and one that Romans themselves never tire of. As your LivTours guide shares stories and anecdotes about this incredible basilica, your tour will come to a close letting you go at a perfect time for an evening walk.
- Vatican Museums skip-the-line tickets
- Fully guided experience
- Pinecone courtyard
- Octagonal Courtyard
- Ancient Laocoon statue
- Ancient Apollo statue
- Muses Room & Belvedere Torso
- Greek Cross Room
- Gallery of Candelabras
- Gallery of Tapestries
- Gallery of Maps
- Raphael Rooms
- Borgia Apartments
- Sistine Chapel
- Michelangelos ceiling
- St Peters Basilica (from outside)
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- Please be aware that the Sistine Chapel is a Holy Place and talking during your visit inside is strictly forbidden, therefore your guide will give you an explanation of the Sistine Chapel beforehand during your tour, in order to give you a comprehensive explanation before entering the chapel.
- No photos are allowed within the Sistine Chapel.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the Museum.
- Guests with wheelchair accessibility needs will find difficulty with this small group tour. In order to ensure a barrier-free tour with alternative routes, please book the private version of this tour.
- Availability is limited. This tour is offered exclusively on Friday evenings from April-October.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
Delightful night tour of the Vatican
"Davide was our tour guide on our Vatican by night tour and his tour was the best one we experienced. We were in Paris and Rome over a 10-day period and paid for 10 different tours. So when we say he was the best, we mean the best in both countries! My husband and I signed up for the night tour to experience the Vatican under slightly different circumstances than one would on a regular daytime tour. The whole experience just delightful and Davide a real gem."
Alice and Bob - USA
Great small group tour
"We had such a great time going around the Vatican after-hours with Max! He’s like the Museum mayor—he knows everyone and everyone knows him, haha. Very knowledgeable about all things Vatican (answered every question I threw at him, and I ask a lot of questions) and a fantastic photographer, to boot! Definitely worth it to take a guided tour of the Vatican, as it’s so big it can be overwhelming, and the small sized tour Livitaly offers was a great way to see it."
Marcie M. - USA
Definitely worth the extra cost
"Took this tour with family of four and one other couple. We had Rafaella as our guide and she was excellent providing very detailed historical facts, insights on the artists' lives and answering all our many questions. So glad to have spent the extra money and be in a small group rather than in a herd of 30-40 where you are at the mercy of the slowest person in your group and can't hear anything. If you can afford this somewhat expensive tour (by normal people's standards) then go for it. It's worth it! Very personalized attention."
Taylor J. - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.