Private Vatican Museums at Night Tour
LivTours Private Vatican Museums at Night Tour is a special private tour allowing you to enjoy the wonders of the Vatican Museums in the soft light of the evening hours when crowds are winding down, and lights are dimming. On your private Vatican Museums at night tour, you will enjoy a fascinating exploration through centuries of art and papal history! With smaller crowds, you can take the time to appreciate Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel, making this a unique tour for art and history lovers.
An ideal way to spend an unforgettable evening in Rome while avoiding the daytime throngs and beating the summer heat! By visiting the Vatican at night, you will have the pleasure of the time and space to discover the magnificent art in a quiet and softly lit atmosphere with your private guide at your side. A private guide allows you to customize your tour and focus on the areas that interest you most. Your expert guide will adapt and tailor the tour to you. Should you like, you also have the option of upgrading your tour, allowing you access to a VIP Secret Vatican Room!
- Enjoy an evening inside the Vatican Museums at night with a private tour guide
- Admire the masterpieces of one of the vast Vatican art collection with less crowds
- See the magnificent works of Old Masters such as the Raphael Rooms & more
- See the Sistine Chapel like never before, under the soft, glimmering evening light
- Upgrade your tour to add access into the exclusive Vatican Secret Rooms
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
On your LivTours Private Vatican Museums at Night Tour, you and your tour expert guide will enjoy privileged access to the Vatican Museums, maximizing your time in Rome without wasting a minute waiting in line. The Vatican houses one of the richest collections of historical art in the world and your guide will make sure you see the highlights as you navigate through the overwhelming Museum and lastly to St Peters Square to admire the facade of St Peter’s Basilica. Without a doubt, the best part of a private tour is the ability for your guide to mold the tour to your curiosities.
Amongst the world-renowned highlights are the impressive Greek and Roman statues, you will learn the secrets behind the designs of these masterpieces. Your expert tour guide will tell you little-known gossip and stories of the Popes who lived in these splendid rooms which now house over 70,000 pieces of art!
Included in your tour is a visit to the Octagonal and Pinecone Courtyard where you will enjoy the evening ambiance of these beautiful courtyards. Your guide will make sure you see the renowned Belvedere Torso, considered an exemplary masterpiece in sculpting having inspired even Michelangelo during his work on the Sistine Chapel. Not to be missed are the various galleries, in particular, the Gallery of the Tapestries, with designs by the great Raphael’s students, and the Gallery of Maps, with 40 panels of painted topographical maps created by Ignazio Danti.
You and your expert tour guide will make your way to the magnificent Raphael Rooms that are sure to look even more beautiful by evening glow. Listen to tales of these masterworks as you stand in the very spot Raphael spent countless hours painting!
The next to last stop on your tour is the majestic Sistine Chapel, with the delicate evening light reflected from the lunette arched windows, this will be a visual memory that will stay with you forever. Take your time admiring this masterpiece of 8,000 square feet of painting, which took a mere 4 years to create.
Your private Vatican Museums at Night Tour by admiring the world’s largest Roman Catholic church from the outside and seeing first-hand the wonderful view of the columns positioned in such a way as to give pilgrims the sense of a cradling welcome. Your guide will finish off with a few stories about the stories of St. Peter’s Basilica as you admire the facade from St Peters Square. This is a rare opportunity to experience the majesty of St. Peter’s Square without the crowds.
UPGRADE YOUR TOUR TO ACCESS VATICAN SECRET ROOM
LivTours is a proud Vatican Silver Level Collaborator which gives us access to restricted rooms within the Vatican which are normally closed off to the general public. If you choose to upgrade your tour, you will see this VIP area known as the Cabinet of the Masks and see one of the Vatican’s best-kept secrets.
The room holds numerous works of art but one in particular which are the mosaic floors lifted from Hadrian’s Villa in Tivoli – this is the work of art after which the room is named. As you walk into this 18th-century room, your guide will tell you tales of the artwork such as the Statues of the Three Graces, depictions of Aphrodite, and Nymph. You will also get an extra bonus with a visit to see the Hall of Animals, Gallery of the Statues, and Hall of Busts.
If you upgrade your tour to include a Secret Room visit, your tour must start at 7 PM, so please select the 7 PM option in the drop-down list.
- Guided tour inside the Vatican
- Pinecone courtyard
- Octagonal courtyard
- Ancient Laocoon statue
- Ancient Apollo statue
- Belvedere Torso
- Raphael rooms
- "The School Of Athens" masterpiece
- Gallery of maps
- Sistine Chapel
- Michelangelos Sistine Chapel ceiling
- St Peters Basilica (outside)
- Berninis bronze canopy
- Michelangelos Pieta statue
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- There is no flash photography allowed on this tour, and all photography is forbidden inside the Sistine Chapel.
- Please be aware that the Sistine Chapel is a Holy Place and talking during your visit inside is strictly forbidden, therefore your guide will give you an explanation of the Sistine Chapel beforehand during your tour, in order to give you a comprehensive explanation before entering the chapel.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the Museum.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
"We are really happy we booked this tour! The Vatican museum is enchanting when seen at night, no crowds and no fuss. Our guide, Luca, was absolutely phenomenal and made the experience even better than expected! We couldn't have been happier with this choice. "
Junger - Denmark
Exceptional Vatican tour with Deborah
"Deborah was our exceptional tour group for our recent Vatican private night tour. She was absolutely wonderful ! Very knowledgeable, interesting, funny and immediately became a dear friend. She accommodated our needs and made this tour one of the highlights of our trip to Italy. I would highly recommend Deborah and this tour company!!"
Norman S. - USA
Vatican night tour
"Wonderful tour with a very knowledgeable guide named Santi. He explained everything in detailed so that we were fascinated by the most glorious beauty that surrounded us. Highly recommend LivItaly. It makes all the difference to have a guide (and an excellent one at that!) when exploring the Vatican & Sistine Chapel. I will definitely use them again."
Donna and friends - USA
By selecting Choose Dates Later / Buy as Gift at booking, any tour can be purchased without fixed dates. This is the perfect option if you want to purchase your tour as a gift for a loved one, or if you are in the pre-planning phase of your vacation. After booking, you will receive a Travel Voucher Code and full instructions on how to schedule your tours when ready. Once your travel plans are confirmed, you can easily use the Travel Voucher Code on the LivTours website to formally schedule your tours. You can find out more here.