Semi-Private Picasso Tour in Barcelona
LivTours Semi-Private Picasso Tour in Barcelona lets you walk in the footsteps of one of the greatest artists of the 20th century – Pablo Picasso. Though not originally from Barcelona, the artist grew up in Barcelona where he enjoyed his most formative years as an artist and a city that held a special place in his heart. Your semi-private group tour will take you and a maximum group of six through the Born neighborhood where Picasso lived and spent a great deal of time.
This tour includes exclusive access to la Lonja, the former Fine Arts School where Picasso studied, now a time capsule of a bygone era, as well as skip the line tickets to the Picasso Museum which houses thousands of his paintings, ceramic works, and drawings – all donated by the artist himself during his lifetime. You will explore the neighborhood where Picasso lived, had studios, and studied before leaving to live in Paris. If you are a novice or an experienced art lover, this semi-private group tour is made for you!
- Discover Pablo Picasso’s life in Barcelona and Spain on this half day art tour
- Explore Picasso’s origins and earliest works of art with an expert local guide
- Visit the Picasso Museum, a donation from the artist, with skip the line tickets
- Enjoy exclusive access to the former Fine Arts School where Picasso had his start
- Indulge in the luxury of a semi-private tour with a maximum of six people
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Semi-Private Picasso Tour in Barcelona begins in the charming el Born neighborhood, located just between the Gothic Quarter and Ciutadella Park where you will meet your expert local guide. After meeting your fellow travelers on your exclusive small group tour, your experienced guide will give you a comprehensive intro to Picasso’s life as you meander through the eatery, art gallery, and boutique-lined streets – a perfect homage to the artist which once walked the same streets.
As you continue to stroll through El Born, your guide will begin prepping you for your first stop, the Picasso Museum. Learn how the son of a talented painter and professor at the Fine Arts School in Barcelona would soon outshine the very man who inspired him. Once inside the Museum, you will see some of Picasso’s famous paintings such as his Las Meninas, donated to the museum by the artists himself. Among the collection, it is exciting to see the amazingly talented paintings from the artist’s youth, through his time in Madrid, his start in Paris and works from his Blue Period.
Next, your LivTours guide will accompany you to the former Fine Arts School where you will have exclusive access. This is the school where Picasso’s father taught starting in 1895 and Picasso himself was a student for about a year at the tender age of 14. However, the talented young artist was such a budding prodigy that it was too long before his parents sent him to the best art school in the country in Madrid.
If you are looking for a unique experience in Barcelona or a proper art pilgrimage for the Picasso lover in you, then LivTours Picasso Tour in Barcelona is the tour for you! The truly semi-private group of only six people allows for increased opportunity to interact with your top-rated tour guide that will educate and entertain you with anecdotes of the life of the 20th century’s most beloved artist. The privileged access to great wonders like the former Fine Art School and personal stories of Picasso’s life make this tour an absolute must. Any lover of art would be well-advised to take this walk through the life of an artistic genius.
- The el Born neighborhood
- Fully guided experience
- Entrance tickets into the Picasso Museum
- Entrance into Fine Arts School of Picasso
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- There is no photography allowed in some areas of this tour.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the museum.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
"Our small group (5 people plus guide) tour was a wonderful walking tour through Barcelona with particular attention to the artist Picasso and his early life and works. We thought the tour was very well organized, well paced and extremely interesting. The guide, an art history major, was an expert on Picasso and helped us appreciate the importance of his works and the influence he had on the entire movement. Thanks to this tour, we felt we went away with a much better idea of both the city and this particular artist. Thank you, LivTours!"
KeithMacB - USA