Private Early Morning Vatican Tour
Thanks to a very special collaborative agreement between LivTours and the Vatican Museums, our clients have access to an exclusive 8AM first entry into the Museums.
Reserved for only a select number of other tour operators, this privileged entry guarantees you access to the Raphael Rooms and the Sistine Chapel before the general public and before other tour operators. This extraordinary experience is not to be missed!
LivTours Private Morning Vatican Tour will allow you to experience real luxury while seeing one of the most exquisite collections of art and antiquities that exist. Enter the breathtaking Vatican Museums in the early morning before the general public and visit the renowned Sistine Chapel before the major surge of crowds. It is estimated that up to 30,000 people a day may visit the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica.
This private tour allows you to skip the line and stay a step ahead while making the most of your time. You and your tour guide will get privileged entry into the museums, one hour before the museums open for the day. Your private tour will ensure a stress-free and informative experience.
LivTours is a proud Vatican Museums Collaborator, giving us access to restricted areas such as the Cabinet of the Masks Secret Room. This is generally closed off to the public, making it an exclusive add-on ideal for curious tourists.
If this tour is unavailable on your dates of travel, we highly recommend the Early Entrance Private Vatican Breakfast VIP Tour!
- Skip-the-lines with direct access into the Vatican Museums
- Enter the majestic Sistine Chapel one hour before the general public
- Enjoy Vatican highlights with an expert LivTours private tour guide
- Witness the great masterpieces of artists like Michelangelo and Raphael
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica with VIP entrance and without waiting in line
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
They say the early bird catches the worm and you will see why on this Early Morning Vatican Tour with entry into the museum an hour before the general public, with visits to both the museum’s highlights and the Sistine Chapel.
Discover the incredible collection of Roman & Greek Statues that are housed within the museum. Walk through to the heavily decorated Gallery of the Candelabra, enjoy the trompe l’oeil in the Gallery of the Tapestries and learn about the impressive Gallery of the Maps. With your private LivTours guide, you can tailor your visit to include the highlights that interest you the most. You will not only learn the vibrant history of Christianity’s most powerful Popes but will also hear a bit of gossip about the daily lives and lesser-known stories of the men and women behind the Vatican history.
Now, enter into the Sistine Chapel and look up and see one of the most replicated depictions in modern history – the divine hand of God reaching for that of Adam’s, in the ever famous depiction of the Creation of Adam. Look straight ahead and you will see Michelangelo’s famous fresco of the Last Judgment, as Christ decides the fate of both the damned and blessed. Let yourself be transported back in time or stay ever-present in the splendor that is within these silent walls.
This Private Morning Vatican Tour also features priority access to the Raphael Rooms before they open to the general public. The Raphael Rooms, which make up 4 rooms, are some of the most precious treasures of the Vatican Palaces. They contain a stunning collection of frescoes painted by the famous painter and his students between 1508 and 1524 for Pope Julius II. Visit the Raphael Rooms and the Sistine Chapel, two of the most important Vatican highlights, before the museum even opens!
Your Early Morning Vatican Tour concludes with VIP entrance directly into St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest Catholic church in the world. As you walk around the Basilica, you will learn the secrets of the magnificent and ornate decorations from your private guide. Visit Michelangelo’s “La Pieta” and admire the magnificence of the building. Since your tour ends here, please feel free to stay inside and continue to explore on your own. LivTours recommends exploring the Papal tombs and climbing up to Michelangelo’s dome.
UPGRADE YOUR TOUR & UNLOCK A VATICAN SECRET ROOM
LivTours is a Vatican Gold Level Collaborator, which allows us access to hidden rooms of the Vatican which very few visitors get to see.
Guests of the Early Morning Vatican Tour can upgrade to add on a visit to the Cabinet of the Masks, a secret room that contains ancient Roman art with stunning statues of Nymph and Aphrodite, inspired by Ancient Greek masterworks. The Cabinet of the Masks is named after the stunning series of beautiful 2nd century BC mosaics which were carefully removed from Emperor Hadrian’s Villa in Tivoli, which will all be revealed in this upgraded portion of your tour. You will also be able to visit the Hall of Animals, also known as the “Stone Zoo” and the Hall of Busts, containing masterpieces from the Pio Clementino Museum.
- Early Morning Entry into the Vatican Museums
- Raphael Rooms
- Sistine Chapel
- Pinecone courtyard
- Octagonal Courtyard
- Muses Room
- Round Room
- Gallery of the Candelabra
- Gallery of Tapestries
- Gallery of Maps
- Borgia Apartments
- Saint Peter's Basilica & Square
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- There is no photography allowed in the Sistine Chapel, but allowed without flash in other areas of the museum.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is an active church and can be closed unexpectedly for liturgical ceremonies. If closed, the time inside the Vatican Museums will be extended.
- Saint Peter’s Basilica is closed on most Wednesdays mornings due to the weekly Papal Audience. If you book this tour for a Wednesday the time inside the Vatican Museums will be extended.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is an active church and can be closed unexpectedly for liturgical ceremonies. If closed, the time inside the Vatican Museums will be extended. On Wednesday mornings the Holy Father is having his weekly audience in Saint Peter’s Square and due to security, Saint Peter’s Basilica is closed. If you book an early morning tour on a Wednesday, we can therefore not guarantee access to the Basilica.
- Please be aware that the Sistine Chapel is a Holy Place and talking during your visit inside is strictly forbidden. This tour will begin with the first 30 minutes of the tour held outside of the Vatican Museums in order to give you a comprehensive explanation before entering the chapel.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the Museum.
- Guests with wheelchair accessibility needs will find difficulty with this small group tour. In order to ensure a barrier-free tour with alternative routes, please book the private version of this tour.
LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel, and we are proud to be at the forefront of change and innovation in the industry. LivTours is committed to providing travelers with truly sustainable tours with the lowest possible environmental impact, all while supporting the local industries and people of each unique destination. To learn more about how you can actively support sustainable tourism and how LivTours is contributing, click here.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable. *Some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Wonderful Vatican tour
"We were really satisfied with this tour and our guide Massimo was really great! I would do this tour anytime again and we will also recommend it to all our friends and family. Thank you LivItaly!"
Nicole - USA
Perfect Vatican tour
"An excellent tour. Davide was just great, super knowledgeable, warm, and ran the tour at a great pace. Definitely 5+ stars!"
Degan - UK
Excellent private tour
"We booked a private Vatican tour with Franco. We began quite early and Franco took us quickly through several exhibits so that we arrived in the Sistine Chapel ahead of the mobs! In fact, we could even SIT DOWN on the side benches and marvel at the artwork without hassle. By mid-morning, the crowds were so thick you could barely move, but we had already seen most of what needs to be seen, and arrived at St. Peter's by late morning, before the heavy crowding caught up! Franco's knowledge was phenomenal, and he guided us expertly throughout. The tour was a little over 3 hours, and he made sure that our physical limitations were considered to maximize our visit. He dealt with the challenge of the crowds marvelously! This tour couldn't have been better - we recommend LivItaly without reservation."
Kelly A. - USA
By selecting Choose Dates Later / Buy as Gift at booking, any tour can be purchased without fixed dates. This is the perfect option if you want to purchase your tour as a gift for a loved one, or if you are in the pre-planning phase of your vacation. After booking, you will receive a Travel Voucher Code and full instructions on how to schedule your tours when ready. Once your travel plans are confirmed, you can easily use the Travel Voucher Code on the LivTours website to formally schedule your tours. You can find out more here.