Private Vatican Breakfast Tour | VIP Experience
Enjoy the most important meal of the day in one of the most important places in Rome, the Vatican Museums. LivTour’s Private Vatican Breakfast Tour begins with exclusive VIP direct entrance into the Vatican Museums even before they have opened to the general public! This service is only reserved for Vatican Silver Level Collaborators like LivTours, giving you VIP service and access to start your day in style.
After entering, your experienced tour guide will escort you to the Pinecone Courtyard, aptly named after the 4-meter tall bronze pine statue which once stood beside the Pantheon from Ancient Rome. LivTour’s VIP access allows you to enjoy the serenity of the early morning and the silence of the courtyard while enjoying your papal buffet breakfast with some treats made exclusively for the Vatican, which you can find nowhere else! The breakfast includes morning favorites such as eggs, pancakes, Italian pastries, cappuccino and much more. The luxury of VIP access allows you to avoid the crowds of the 20,000 daily visitors.
- Delight in a VIP buffet breakfast in the Vatican Pinecone Courtyard with no crowds
- Enjoy exclusive direct access into the Vatican with skip-the-line entrance tickets
- Experience Vatican highlights with an expert dedictaed private guide at your side
- See famous works of art by Michelangelo, Raphael and other great Italian artists
- Marvel at Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel - one of Rome’s most enchanting highlights
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your Private Vatican Breakfast Tour with meeting your expert tour guide who will facilitate direct access to the museums and take you through a quick security check. Along with your private guide, you will make your way to the Pinecone courtyard where you will be seated to enjoy a scrumptious breakfast buffet. As you savor your cappuccino, you can enjoy a hearty selection of farm to table dairy products – coming directly from the papal livestock! Surprisingly these products, produced on papal estate farms, are exclusive to Vatican City and cannot be found elsewhere.
After an enjoyable and unforgettable breakfast, your private guide will take you on a complete tour of the Vatican Museums. Your tour will include all of the Vatican highlights and a few added extras. The Vatican Museums is the fifth largest museum in the world, so there is a lot to see, which is why LivItaly curates our tours in a way that you see the best of what this art and history museum has to offer.
In the Courtyard of Statues, you will see the celebrated 15th-century state of Belvedere Torso, considered to have the perfect form, and artists have used it for centuries as inspiration, even Michelangelo! The tragic story of the city of Troy is depicted in the masterpiece statue of Laocoön. As your expert guide leads you past other Vatican treasures, such as Emperor Nero’s lavish bath which was once housed in the Golden Palace. Your LivTours guide will also share with you the wonders of the Gallery of the Candelabra, Gallery of Tapestries, and the renowned Gallery of Maps – a Renaissance version of Google Maps.
Of course, no visit to the Vatican would be complete without visiting the Raphael Rooms, part of the papal apartments of Pope Julius II. Enjoy the elegant Raphael frescoes that have been recently restored.
Now it is on to the admire the fresco which took Michelangelo four years to finish, the Sistine Chapel. This was once a private chapel, close to the size of a standard basketball court, it can very easily fill up with travelers who have come to experience the beauty of this majestic work in person. Your private guide will explain to you how Michelangelo’s passion for sculpting influenced his painting, leaving us with the depiction of the human form in a new three dimensional way.
Lastly, it is on to visit the largest Catholic church in the world, Saint Peter’s Basilica. One of the most important landmarks for Christians, the burial site of one of Jesus’ apostles and the keeper of the keys to Heaven, Saint Peter. Your private guide will share with you the awe-inspiring works of art such as Michelangelo’s sculpture of the Pieta and Bernini’s Baldacchino Altar canopy made of solid bronze. Before leaving, your guide will tell you about the Papal Tombs and give you instructions for climbing to the to of the Dome if you wish to do so after the tour.
- Early Vatican entrance tickets
- Delicious breakfast buffet
- Fully guided experience
- Pinecone courtyard
- Raphael Rooms
- Sistine Chapel
- Octagonal Courtyard
- Muses Room
- Round Room
- Gallery of the Candelabra
- Gallery of Tapestries
- Gallery of Maps
- Borgia Apartments
- Saint Peter's Basilica & Square
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- There is no flash photography inside the museums, and no photography allowed inside the Sistine Chapel.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is an active church and can be closed unexpectedly for liturgical ceremonies. If closed, the time inside the Vatican Museums will be extended.
- Please be aware that the Sistine Chapel is a Holy Place and talking during your visit inside is strictly forbidden, therefore your guide will give you an explanation of the Sistine Chapel beforehand during your tour, in order to give you a comprehensive explanation before entering the chapel.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the Museum.
- Guests with wheelchair accessibility needs will find difficulty with this itinerary proposed in this tour. In order to ensure a barrier-free tour with alternative routes, please book the private version of this tour.
- LivTours is proud of our collaboration with the Vatican Museums, which allows us access one entire hour before the museums are open to the general public. We are however aware that the Vatican Museums are selling at maximum capacity to accommodate an extremely high demand in what is already high season. We have absolutely no control or insight into the number of collaborations the Vatican Museums deals with nor how many people it chooses to give early entrance to. Access into the museums a full hour before entry during high season is nevertheless highly recommended considering the immeasurable crowd sizes admitted once the doors open to the public.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations all participants aged 6 and over must wear a mask for the entire duration of the tour.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
A great (and delicious) alternative to the normal early morning Vatican tour
"Everyone had told us that it's best to take a morning tour of the Vatican to try to avoid the masses. So when we saw this tour offering by LivItaly, we couldn't resist! You have to eat breakfast, right? Why not get into the Vatican early, have a VIP buffet in the museum's courtyard and then proceed through the museum. It was everything we hoped for and more!! Our guide Davide was absolutely fabulous: warm, friendly, very well-versed on everything Vatican and funny as well. The breakfast was delicious and the chance to see the Sistine Chapel before everyone else was there was definitely worth the early rise in the morning. We will certainly recommend this tour to all our friends and family! "
Thomas Green - USA