Louvre Tour | Semi-Private Museum Experience
With a collection of over 35,000 works on display, Paris’ Louvre is the largest, most influential, and most visited art museum in the world. Although it’s impossible to do the Louvre justice in just one day, LivTours Paris Louvre Tour will grant you intimate access to all of the highlights. This is a semi-private tour which means you will get the privilege of navigating this museum in an intimate group, easily making your way through the museum in a group of 6 people maximum.
From marvellous Greek sculptures like Venus de Milo to dramatic Delacroix paintings, your guide will take you to all of the Louvre’s most inspiring masterpieces. Boasted as the world’s most admired museum, the Louvre is also the largest art museum in the world, which makes it fundamental to navigate the highlights with an expert by your side.
- See dozens of the Due to the Louvre Museum's greatest masterpieces with a local guide
- Admire priceless works by great artists such as Da Vinci, Canova, and Delacroix
- Learn the history of precious works like Venus de Milo & The Great Sphinx of Tanis
- Hear intriguing stories on the Louvre's long history as a fortress and a royal palace
- Stand in front of the world's most popular portrait: Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Louvre Tour will take you to all of the most iconic paintings and sculptures housed in two of this massive museum’s three wings. To help you make the most out of your visit, your guide will highlight the most influential works from a wide range of periods including Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt, the Renaissance, Neoclassicism, and Romanticism. In addition to learning about the different artists and artworks, you will also hear how this 12th-century fortress and palace eventually became France’s greatest museum.
In the Ancient Egypt collections, take a close look at the sleek granite Great Sphinx of Tanis. Discovered in an Egyptian temple in the 1800s, this sphinx is considered to be the biggest and best-preserved in any Western museum.
Once you are through visiting Egypt, it’s time to explore two of Ancient Greece’s globally recognizable sculptures – the armless Venus de Milo and the headless Winged Victory of Samothrace. Although both of the goddesses are missing a few parts, they are universally considered some of the best surviving original Hellenistic sculptures. Just a short walk from Venus de Milo you will get a chance to see some impressive Italian sculptures including Michelangelo’s powerful Rebellious Slave & Dying Slave as well as Canova’s passionate Cupid & Psyche.
Before beholding Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, you will take a tour of some of the Louvre’s other eye-catching canvasses. This portion of the tour will include stops by Paolo Veronese’s Wedding Feast of Cana, Jacques-Louis David’s Coronation of Napoleon, and icons of French Romanticism like Delacroix’s Liberty Leading the People and Théodore Géricault’s Raft of Medusa.
Of all the thousands of paintings housed in the Louvre, Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa remains the most popular and enigmatic work. Supposedly the portrait of a 16th-century Italian noblewoman, this painting has bewitched billions over the years and inspired countless songs, films, and novels. Your LivTour guide will shed light on how this painting became one of the most well-known works of art in the world, one worth a visit.
- Ancient Egypt collections
- Great Sphinx of Tanis
- Ancient Greece collection
- Venus de Milo
- Winged Victory of Samothrace
- Michelangelo's Slave sculptures
- Canova's Cupid & Psyche
- Da Vinci's Mona Lisa
- Veronese's Wedding Feast of Cana
- Jacques-Louis David's Coronation of Napoleon
- Delacroix's Liberty Leading the People
- Théodore Géricault's Raft of Medusa
- Privately guided experience
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
A 10 star tour!!
"I had been to the Louvre before, without a guide, and found it to be just too overwhelming. On this trip with my wife, we decided to splurge on a guided visit and I can guarantee that this made a world of difference. First of all, our guide, Cherie, was awesome! Sweet and friendly and extremely knowledgeable about all of the various art works and periods that we were seeing. Our group was only 6 people (3 couples), all very friendly and easy to be with. Finally, Cherie navigated this huge museum in the best possible way. We saw the most significant masterpieces and she pointed out details that we would never had seen otherwise. We would give this tour 10 stars, if were it possible. Thanks for a great time!!"
Aaron - Canada
Louvre small group tour
"Great tour, super friendly folks, great insights into the art!"
Bentley - Australia
Highly recommend visiting the Louvre with a LivTour guide
"We highly recommend this tour! The Louvre is so big it’s easy to get overwhelmed but with LivTour’s excellent and knowledgeable guide, Alex, we learned more than we could have ever anticipated. He shared details about the paintings and sculptures that made them so much more interesting. We went away with a greater understanding and very fond memories of our experience!"
Andrew - UK