Express Early Viewing Sistine Chapel Tour | Semi-Private
LivTours Early Viewing Sistine Chapel Tour is designed for travelers looking to make the most of their time in Rome with LivTours’ special priority access that allows you to get ahead of the crowds and enjoy Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel bright and early in the morning. Guests will go directly to Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel, bypassing the Vatican Museums.
This early morning tour is an ideal way to see the Sistine Chapel before the general public is allowed into the museums. You and your semi-private group of no more than six travelers will be given direct access to the holy Apostolic Palace a full hour before it is open to the public, that means no waiting in lines or practicing your dance moves to get a good view of Michelangelo’s masterpiece!
Finish this incredible experience with an early morning skip the line guided visit of St Peter’s Basilica, before the crowds!
- Admire Michelangelo's masterpiece, the Sistine Chapel, in the soft morning light
- Appreciate an intimate experience in a semi-private tour of no more than 6 people
- Get exclusive skip the line access into the museums before general public entry
- Enjoy exclusive access to the Sistine Chapel one hour ahead of the crowds
- After your tour, visit St Peter’s Basilica - the largest Christian church in Europe
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours guide will meet you and your semi-private group by the entrance to the Vatican Museums. Your tour will start with a taste of Michelangelo Buonarroti’s background and will tell you how a sculptor from Florence ended up being commissioned to paint a fresco for Pope Julius II, a notoriously difficult pope. Your guide will tell you stories of how Michelangelo considered himself more of a sculptor than a painter, and had little desire to paint what is now considered a Renaissance masterpiece – the Sistine Chapel.
Now on the move, your expert guide will take you directly to the Sistine Chapel Tour makes no stops in the museums and is designed to take you straight to the Sistine Chapel, a masterpiece which attracts over 25,000 visitors a day!
Once inside the small chapel, with only a few other priority access tour groups around you, enjoy the moment to fully enjoy the detailed intellectual and emotional depictions as the soft morning light seeping through the windows. Michelangelo chose some of the most prominent stories to tell from the Book of Genesis such as the famous The Flood, the Creation of Adam, and The Fall. Looking straight ahead and you will see the stunning portrayal of The Last Judgement, where Christ is surrounded by sinners and believers. The Sistine Chapel covering over 8,000 square feet of the ceiling was never meant to be an ordinary fresco, but a religious and political statement of the times, leaving us with an incredibly intricate view of the Renaissance world.
Your LivTours Early Viewing Sistine Chapel Tour continues as your guide leads you to St Peter’s Basilica, the heart of Vatican City, and one of the largest Christian churches in the world. You will hear stories of the extraordinary 96-foot tall bronze canopy over the High Altar design by Gian Lorenzo Bernini which is used during papal mass. Listen to the stories about the elegant and pristine sculpture of the Virgin Mary holding Christ’s lifeless body in Michelangelo’s La Pietà, The Pity, sculpture. Find out why it is lies behind bulletproof glass and why this is the only work of art signed by Michelangelo.
While you are inside, take a moment to look skywards to the dome, designed by Michelangelo, and has given Rome its signature skyline. Once your tour is over, feel free to continue exploring St Peter’s Basilica or the top of Michelangelo’s Dome!
Having come this far to see one of the world’s greatest works of art, so do your tour right with LivTours and allow all our expertise, knowledge, and timing make your visit to this capital city great!
- Early entry into the Vatican Museums
- Walk through Galleries
- Sistine Chapel
- Saint Peter's Basilica
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- There is no photography is allowed inside the Sistine Chapel.
- Please be aware that the Sistine Chapel is a Holy Place and talking during your visit inside is strictly forbidden, therefore your guide will give you an explanation of the Sistine Chapel beforehand during your tour, in order to give you a comprehensive explanation before entering the chapel.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the Museum.
- Guests with wheelchair accessibility needs will find difficulty with this small group tour. In order to ensure a barrier-free tour with alternative routes, please book the private version of this tour.
- LivTours is proud of our collaboration with the Vatican Museums, which allows us to access one entire hour before the museums are open to the general public. We are however aware that the Vatican Museums are selling at maximum capacity to accommodate an extremely high demand in what is already high season. We have absolutely no control or insight into the number of collaborations the Vatican Museums deals with nor how many people it chooses to give early entrance to. Access into the museums a full hour before entry during high season is nevertheless highly recommended considering the immeasurable crowd sizes admitted once the doors open to the public.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
"We didn't have enough time for a long visit to the Vatican museum but didn't want to miss the opportunity to see the Sistine Chapel so chose this tour. We had a wonderful tour guide who delivered an informative and interesting experience. It was precisely what we were looking for. Would definitely refer people to use this company and Davide specifically."
Miranda - UK
Small group's the best
"Great tour especially since we had only limited time in Rome. Alessandro was very knowledgable and lots of fun. Loved the small group. Would definitely recommended to anyone."
Quentin - UK
Sistine Chapel tour
"Great tour. We didn't have much time in Rome but just had to see the Sistine Chapel so this was the perfect tour for us. Rich our tour guide was fun and entertaining and shared a wealth of knowledge. Being there early we were able to enjoy the Chapel ahead of the crowds. We learned so much and got all of our questions answered. It was obvious our guide had a really good knowledge of the subject."
Stuart M. - USA