Express Early Sistine Chapel Private Tour
LivTours Express Early Sistine Chapel Tour takes you directly to Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel. Bypassing the Vatican Museums, enables you to finish your tour early enough to have a full day ahead of you! This tour ensures you have direct access to the Apostolic Palace an entire one hour before it opens to the general public, allowing you to enjoy your tour in maximum comfort and avoid the crowds.
Enjoy the morning light seeping through the chapel windows, gently illuminating the frescoes and bringing out the lush color palette used by Michelangelo. Seeing the Sistine Chapel is a once in a lifetime experience. Seeing it early morning, before the larger groups begin flooding the chapel is an exceptional experience. Your private expert guide will share with you anecdotes and stories which give meaning to a work of art that has shaped countless interpretations over the past five centuries.
You have come this far to see one of the world’s greatest works of art, so maximize your time in Rome by letting LivTours guide you!
- Admire the more than 8,000 square feet of Sistine Chapel painted by Michelangelo
- Enjoy one hour priority access into the Sistine Chapel. No lines. No wait. No crowds.
- Explore Michelangelo’s awe-inspiring Sistine Chapel with a private expert guide
- Marvel the wonderful and unique Renaissance works of art in St Peter’s Basilica
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Express Early Sistine Chapel Tour starts in front of the Vatican Museums where you will be greeted by your private expert guide. Your tour starts the moment you meet them with a look into the life and genius of Michelangelo Buonarroti, the mastermind behind the Sistine Chapel ceiling frescoes. You will learn how this world renown fresco almost did not get painted!
Once inside the Sistine Chapel, you will marvel at Michelangelo’s ceiling frescoes spanning just over 8611 square feet with realistic depictions of important Biblical stories; including the Creation of Adam, Original Sin, The Flood and of course, The Last Judgement. The depiction of the second coming of Christ which has moved countless visitors of the Sistine Chapel.
Once you are ready to move on from the Sistine Chapel, your LivTours guide will lead you to St Peter’s Basilica, the largest Christian church in Europe and the heart of Vatican City. Your guide will share with you some of this Renaissance church’s highlights which includes the 95 foot tall bronze decorative canopy which stands over the Papal Altar above St Peter’s tomb. Another masterpiece you will not want to miss is Michelangelo’s only signed work La Pieta, The Pity, made from Carrara marble. Known for its pristine beauty and portrayal of a suffering mother holding her deceased child – Jesus Christ – this piece is sure to move you.
Take a moment to look up, giving you an amazing view of the dome which has given Rome its signature skyline, yet another work of the great Renaissance artist, Michelangelo. Once your tour is over, feel free to continue exploring St Peter’s Basilica or head to the top of the Dome!
- Early entry into the Vatican Museums
- Walk through Galleries
- Sistine Chapel
- Saint Peter's Basilica
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- LivTours is proud of our collaboration with the Vatican Museums, which allows us access one entire hour before the museums are open to the general public. We are however aware that the Vatican Museums are selling at maximum capacity to accommodate an extremely high demand in what is already high season. We have absolutely no control or insight into the number of collaborations the Vatican Museums deals with nor how many people it chooses to give early entrance to. Access into the museums a full hour before entry during high season is nevertheless highly recommended considering the immeasurable crowd sizes admitted once the doors open to the public.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is an active church and can be closed unexpectedly for religious ceremonies. On Wednesday mornings The Pope has his weekly audience in Saint Peter’s Square and due to strict security measures, St Peter’s Basilica is closed during that time.
- No photography is allowed inside the Sistine Chapel.
- The Sistine Chapel is a Holy Place and talking while inside is strictly forbidden. LivTours’ Express Early Sistine Chapel Private Tour begins at 7.30AM. However, please keep in mind that the first 30 minutes of the tour are held outside of the Vatican Museums in order to give you a comprehensive explanation before entering the Chapel.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is an active church and can be closed unexpectedly for liturgical ceremonies.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the museum.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, you are required to wear a mask for the entire duration of the tour. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Must show Vaccination or Negative test for Italy & France ToursFor all France and Italy tours that include an indoor activity, a museum or an archeological park visit, it is now National Law in both countries, to present a covid-19 vaccination card OR negative covid-19 test result from the past 48 hrs accompanied by your personal ID to the local authorities for all adults over the age of 12. Lack of ability to present such documentation may result in loss of tour and funds lifting LivTours from all responsibilities.
St Peter's Basilica Direct AccessThe passage between the Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter's Basilica is currently closed due to covid-19 physical distancing measures. This means that in order to enter the Church your tour will need to go around the Vatican State walls. Our top-rated guides will do their best to include a tour of the Basilica, but this may not always be possible due to the distance between the sites. In the eventuality this would not be possible, our guides will ensure a complete orientation of the Basilica so that you will collect the information prior to your visit. Please be aware that this alert may have expired by the date of your tour.
Good tour to do if on limited time
"My wife and I had one day in Rome during our Mediterranean cruise. LivItaly's express tour of the Sistine Chapel was perfect for us. We met our guide Raf at the entrance to the museum and she expertly navigated our way to the Sistine Chapel, pointing out highlights along the way. She gave us a wonderful introduction to the Chapel and Michaelangelo so that we knew exactly what to look for once inside. We will definitely come back again and leave more time to see the entire museum and more of this fantastic city but this was a perfect "antipasto" just to whet our appetites!"
Roland - USA
Five-plus star rating
"My parents and I will never forget how wonderful our early morning express Sistine Chapel tour was. This was truly a 5 star experience. We essentially had the place to ourself walking through the fast track to the Sistine chapel. Our guide Mara was incredibly knowledgeable and a lovely person. This company came highly recommended to us and we very happily pass that recommendation on!"
Jill L. - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.