Express Early Sistine Chapel Private Tour
Thanks to a very special and profound partnership signed by LivItaly Tours LLC (LivTours) and the Vatican Museums for 2022, we are proud to offer clients a very unique and exclusive 8AM first entry into the Museums’ doors, guaranteed to be reserved only to a handful of other collaborating tour operators. This special entry and tour are designed to guarantee you access and viewing of the Raphael Rooms and the Sistine Chapel 30 minutes before other operators and one hour before the general public. We are proud to be able to serve such impressive and extraordinary experience and share it with our clients.
LivTours Express Early Sistine Chapel Tour takes you directly to Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel and Raphael’s Julius II Apartments. Bypassing the Vatican Museums, this tour enables you to finish your tour early enough to have a full day ahead of you! This tour ensures you have direct access to the Apostolic Palace an entire one hour before it opens to the general public and 30 minutes before other tour operators, allowing you to enjoy your tour in maximum comfort and avoid the crowds.
Enjoy the morning light seeping through the chapel windows, gently illuminating the frescoes and bringing out the lush color palette used by Michelangelo. Seeing the Sistine Chapel is a once in a lifetime experience. Seeing it with the Raphael Rooms early morning, before the larger groups begin flooding the Museums is an exceptional experience. Your private expert guide will share with you anecdotes and stories which give meaning to works of art that have shaped countless interpretations over the past five centuries.
You have come this far to see one of the world’s greatest works of art, so maximize your time in Rome by letting LivTours guide you!
- Admire the more than 8,000 square feet of Sistine Chapel painted by Michelangelo
- Enjoy one hour priority access into the Sistine Chapel. No lines. No wait. No crowds.
- Marvel at Raphael's frescos of the Apartments of Julius II without anyone around
- Explore Michelangelo’s awe-inspiring Sistine Chapel with a private expert guide
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Express Early Sistine Chapel Tour starts in front of the Vatican Museums where you will be greeted by your private expert guide. Your tour starts the moment you meet them with a look into the life and genius of Michelangelo Buonarroti, the mastermind behind the Sistine Chapel ceiling frescoes. You will learn how this world renown fresco almost did not get painted!
Once inside the Museums, you will be taken directly to the Raphael Rooms and the Sistine Chapel, you will marvel at Raphael and Michelangelo’s works before the general public. Spanning just over 8611 square feet with realistic depictions of important Biblical stories; including the Creation of Adam, Original Sin, The Flood and of course, The Last Judgement. The depiction of the second coming of Christ which has moved countless visitors of the Sistine Chapel.
Enjoy the apartments of Julius II essentially alone, able to admire his marvelous fresco work, get close to the paintings and fully appreciate the intimacy of his work.
Once you are ready to move on from the Sistine Chapel, your LivTours guide will lead back to the Museums’ galleries where you will be able to either stay and explore on your own or go to Saint Peter’s Basilica. Your guide will share with you information of some of this Renaissance church’s highlights which includes the 95 foot tall bronze decorative canopy which stands over the Papal Altar above St Peter’s tomb. Another masterpiece you will not want to miss is Michelangelo’s only signed work La Pieta, The Pity, made from Carrara marble. Known for its pristine beauty and portrayal of a suffering mother holding her deceased child – Jesus Christ – this piece is sure to move you. The information that will be provided will encourage and allow you to fulfill a visit on your own.
- Early entry into the Vatican Museums
- Walk through Galleries
- Raphael Rooms (before the crowds)
- Sistine Chapel (before the crowds)
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- LivTours is proud of our collaboration with the Vatican Museums, which allows us access one entire hour before the museums are open to the general public and 30 minutes before tour operators.
- Vatican management maintains the right to delay the opening of the Sistine Chapel for religious reasons, in this case the guide will modify the itinerary and extend your visit of the museums to ensure you make the most of your time before access to the Sistine Chapel is permitted.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is an active church and can be closed unexpectedly for religious ceremonies. On Wednesday mornings The Pope has his weekly audience in Saint Peter’s Square and due to strict security measures, St Peter’s Basilica is closed during that time.
- No photography is allowed inside the Sistine Chapel.
- The Sistine Chapel is a Holy Place and talking while inside is strictly forbidden. LivTours’ Express Early Sistine Chapel Private Tour begins at 7.30AM. However, please keep in mind that the first 30 minutes of the tour are held outside of the Vatican Museums in order to give you a comprehensive explanation before entering the Chapel.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is an active church and can be closed unexpectedly for liturgical ceremonies.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the museum.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, you are required to wear a mask for the entire duration of the tour. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Good tour to do if on limited time
"My wife and I had one day in Rome during our Mediterranean cruise. LivItaly's express tour of the Sistine Chapel was perfect for us. We met our guide Raf at the entrance to the museum and she expertly navigated our way to the Sistine Chapel, pointing out highlights along the way. She gave us a wonderful introduction to the Chapel and Michaelangelo so that we knew exactly what to look for once inside. We will definitely come back again and leave more time to see the entire museum and more of this fantastic city but this was a perfect "antipasto" just to whet our appetites!"
Roland - USA
Five-plus star rating
"My parents and I will never forget how wonderful our early morning express Sistine Chapel tour was. This was truly a 5 star experience. We essentially had the place to ourself walking through the fast track to the Sistine chapel. Our guide Mara was incredibly knowledgeable and a lovely person. This company came highly recommended to us and we very happily pass that recommendation on!"
Jill L. - USA
By selecting Choose Dates Later / Buy as Gift at booking, any tour can be purchased without fixed dates. This is the perfect option if you want to purchase your tour as a gift for a loved one, or if you are in the pre-planning phase of your vacation. After booking, you will receive a Travel Voucher Code and full instructions on how to schedule your tours when ready. Once your travel plans are confirmed, you can easily use the Travel Voucher Code on the LivTours website to formally schedule your tours. You can find out more here.