Westminster City Tour with Changing of the Guard | Semi-Private
Livitours Westminster City with Changing of the Guard Semi-Private Tour is a perfect way to discover the truly majestic British pomp and ceremony of the Changing of the Guard without the stress and panic of navigating huge crowds. With groups no larger than 6, our semi-private tour takes you on a journey through historic Westminster (the center of British politics), before heading over to Buckingham Palace, the royal residence of Her Majesty the Queen.
It is far too easy to make the same mistake so many excited visitors do. Eager to be the first there, many visitors understandably head straight to the front of the Palace gates. This sadly leaves hundreds often cramped, mobbed by the crowds, unable to see a thing, and worst of all in the wrong place to witness the beginning and the climactic highlight of this remarkable parade.
With the help of your expert guide, your small team of under 6 will be guided past the crowds to ensure you are in the right place at the right time to witness every part of the military spectacle, ensuring you don’t miss a thing. Armed with knowledge not only of the city’s history but of the fascinating rituals and quirky traditions that surround the royal pageantry, you can calmly enjoy this world-famous event in all its splendor.
- Beat the crowns with your expert guide for the best views and photos
- Discover the magic and the splendor of the most iconic military parade
- Learn about the fascinating history of the Kings and Queens old and new
- Explore more than 2000 years of British history on a 3.5-hour tour
- See the most iconic parts of London with an interactive and small group
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
On your Semi-Private Tour of Westminster with Changing of the Guard, you will have the best of two tours in one. A stress-free experience viewing the regal spectacle of Changing of the Guard while exploring the most photographic and iconic locations London has to offer and all in one morning. It is a perfect way to get an understanding of the history and layout of this vast and marvelous city. Your semi-private tour will start at iconic Trafalgar square for postcard-perfect photos of some of the highlights of London before heading the royal district of the city. Beat the crowds to the best spot to view the world-famous tradition of Changing of the Guard and learn about the different regiments and the secrets of this grand ceremony.
After this, you’ll follow your guide and delve into the mysterious and often strange world of British Politics. You’ll be taken on an interactive introduction providing you with the not-so-secret secret stories behind some of the most visited sights in London. From Royal Weddings, Big Ben’s real name to explosive plots to kill the king, Westminster is full over 2000 years of exciting and unbelievable history Find out why and how this strange and unique district of London (technically not part of London) is the center of government and the location from which the country is ruled (and once upon a time over a quarter of the world.) Marvel at the royal church of Westminster Abbey, before passing the Prime ministers house on your way to the Palace.
- Covent garden
- Trafalgar square
- Westminster city
- Changing of the Guard ceremony
- Buckingham palace (from outside)
- Westminster Abbey (from outside)
- Churchills war rooms (from outside)
- 10 Downing St (from outside)
- Big Ben (from outside)
- Fully guided experience
- The British authorities reserves the right to change the modify or cancel the Changing of the Guards ceremony without notice in the case of wet weather and other official events. Under these conditions, the British army usually will not give final notice of cancellation until 10 minutes prior to the planned time. In such cases, your guide will modify the tour to include an alternative Parade where possible.
- In the case of heavy rain, you will see a wet change (guards marching without music).
- For the Changing of the Guard ceremony, we do not stand by the Buckingham palace gates. The crowds swarm there hours in advance, only to find they can only see the very end of the parade all while being crushed by the masses. Instead, we take you to the best spots only the locals know, and actually walk along with the parade! This way you see the absolute most there is to see, and it’s a much more enjoyable experience.
- We highly recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes for this tour.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
"This is a lovely walking tour that we can highly recommend to everyone. We learned so much from our guide Sarah who was warm and friendly as well as extremely interesting and engaging. Even though we've seen the changing of the guard on TV, it is still quite thrillling to see in person. Sarah set us up in the perfect spot so that we could see everything and take tons of great pictures. A trip to London has been on our dream list for a long time and thanks to LivTours, we really had a great time. Don't hesitate to book with this company."
JulieAnn - USA
Westminster history and tradition
"We really liked this tour of Westminster. So much history .. which is still being made there! The changing of the guard was a perfect ending. Tradition, tradition, tradition!"
Jeff - USA
You've got to see the Changing of the Guard
"You can't go to London and not see the changing of the guard, right? Several people had recommended this tour company to us so we checked out what they offered and were so glad to see this tour of Westminster that included the guard ceremony. The tour was 5 star, the guide even better and we saw the ceremony in the best possible place. Loved every minute!"
Seth L. - Isreal
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.