Westminster City Tour with Changing of the Guard | Private
Livtours Private Westminster City and Changing of the Guard tour is the best way to see all the highlights of London with its most iconic ceremony all in one morning. With a private tour, you are not only guaranteed fascinating information but you can personalize your tour and get the most out of your visit to London. With a local expert at your side, you are ensuring you will see the best of the Changing of the Guard and will dodge the crowds who so often find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time for this unique and majestic parade.
Avoid the panic and stress of the crowds and march alongside the band with ease as all is taken care of for you on this royal tour of London. It is an easy mistake that so many visitors make in rushing to the front of the palace gates, hoping for the best view. Yet your guide will position you to make sure you are not swarmed, mobbed, and unable to see as so many big group tours, or independent travelers find themselves. Not only visiting the royal district by starting in Covent Garden and ending outside Westminster’s Big Ben, but this all-encompassing tour will also give you the best taste of London with your very own London guide.
- Beat the crowds with your private expert guide for the best views and photos
- Witness the magic royal splendor at one of most iconic military parades
- Uncover fascinating history of the Kings and Queens past and present
- Ensure you don’t miss a moment, with expert knowledge and planning
- Stare in wonder at the most famous monuments learning the stories behind them
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your Livtours Private Westminster and Changing of the Guard tour is the best way to see what Royal London has to offer. Starting in lively Covent Garden just aside London’s Theater filled West End, monument after monument awaits you as your private London guide leads you towards the Royal district of Saint James. Sneak past the famous Gentlemen’s clubs for Lords, dukes and politicians alike to find yourself in the best spot to witness the marvelous pomp and ceremony of the Changing of the Guard. A historic and iconic military parade, that is known across the world. Follow the marching band and know your Scots regiment from your Irish with your expert guide, leading you through hundreds of years of royal history.
Hearing fascinating stories not only of British history but Royal and military you will have a real VIP experience as you make your way to the climactic and often overlooked end of the ceremony, finishing in true royal pageantry. From here your private guide will take you to Westminster the heart of British Politics for postcard-perfect views of Westminster Abbey, the location for Royal Weddings, Coronations, and burials for over 1000 years. Uncover the fascinating and often confusing world of British Politics at The Houses of Parliament, with the prime minister’s house around the corner and Big Ben attached you will feel you have seen all that London has to offer in one visit. With your private guide at your side, learn more about how Westminster once ruled a third of the world, how England once beheaded a king, tales of treacherous gunpowder plots, and Big Ben’s real name.
- Covent garden
- Trafalgar square
- Westminster city
- Changing of the Guard ceremony
- Buckingham palace (from outside)
- Westminster Abbey (from outside)
- Churchills war rooms (from outside)
- 10 Downing St (from outside)
- Big Ben (from outside)
- Skip the line Westminster Abbey tickets (optional)
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.