VIP Rome in a Day Private Tour | City Highlights
LivTours Rome in a Day Private Tour brings you the most exclusive full-day tour. What do you get when you combine three fantastic tours? The perfect full-day tour of Rome! Imagine enjoying early entrance to the Sistine Chapel, visiting two restricted areas of the Colosseum and lots more in between! On this VIP Rome tour, you will be able to see some of the most stunning sites in Rome including the Pantheon, Spanish Steps, and the Vatican Museums.
One of the highlights of this tour is the Sistine Chapel, where you will be able to enjoy this amazing space for an entire hour before the crowds arrive. In the Colosseum, you have exclusive access to the dungeons and the arena floor – right where gladiator fights used to take place! This full-day tour shows you much more than those two famous sites. You cannot get a better overview of this ancient city than LivTours’ Rome in a Day Private Tour.
- Make the most of your time in Rome on LivTours’ exclusive private tour
- Enjoy exclusive early entrance to the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel
- Explore the pedestrianized streets of Rome with your private expert guide
- Make the past of the Colosseum come alive with visits to the Dungeons & Arena Floor
- Soak up the history, anecdotes and stories of Rome on this exclusive private tour
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Rome in a Day Private Tour begins early in the morning, with a private chauffeured pick-up directly from your hotel. When you arrive at Vatican City, you will be greeted by your private expert guide. Enjoy the luxury of entering the Vatican Museums one hour before the general public. Your guide will accompany you into the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo’s masterpiece. The early morning light adds a wonderful glow to this amazing piece of art and avoids the crowds. Your private LivTours guide will make sure you visit all the Vatican highlights from the Renaissance Raphael Rooms to the incredible sculpture collection. You will skip the lines to enter the largest Catholic church in the world, as your guide accompanies you to visit St Peter’s Basilica. Take a moment for a contemplative moment as you marvel at the art and architecture that makes this impressive site so unique.
Your Rome in a Day Private Tour continues, but now in the luxury of your chauffeured car as your guide shares with you the highlights of Rome so you can explore them in greater depth areas that interest you most. Some of the most visited highlights are the Pantheon, the Spanish Steps, and of course, a stop at the Trevi Fountain is a must for any visitor to Rome, and perhaps even a coin toss to ensure your return to Rome.
Before starting your afternoon tour of the ancient sites of Rome, you will have time to enjoy lunch. Your private guide will suggest a place to eat based on your appetite. Lunch is not included in the tour price.
LivTours’ Rome in a Day Private Tour continues after lunch, but this time you will be taking a long walk back in time as you visit the Colosseum with exclusive access to two special areas. Walking out onto the arena floor becomes easier to imagine the days of ancient Rome with gladiator fights in front of a huge audience. Your LivTours private guide will explain the games and events of ancient Roman as you continue to visit a building that is nearly 2,000 years old. Next, it is time to go underground for a visit to the dungeons and hallways where animals awaited their fate before the fights.
Once your visit of the Colosseum is over, your private guide will walk with you up to the Palatine Hill, the most regal area of Ancient Rome, where the emperors lived and were entertained. Learn about the rich history of Rome as you walk through the ruins of where historians claim it all began. Your Rome in a Day Private Tour finishes in the Roman Forum. Explore and visit temples from the Roman Empire and the impressive Arch of Titus, ending up in front of the resting place of Julius Caesar.
Come explore Rome with us on this exclusive full-day private tour!
UPGRADE YOUR TOUR
You can add on a luxury chauffeured to be at your disposal for the entire day, including a return trip to your hotel. This will give you maximum freedom to move around the city allowing your guide to fully customize your day.
- Chauffeur pick up
- Chauffer service between sites
- VIP early entrance Vatican tickets
- Raphael rooms (before the crowds)
- Sistine chapel (before the crowds)
- Vatican museums highlights tour
- St Peter's Basilica
- St Peter's square
- Piazza Navona
- Trevi fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Free time for lunch
- Skip-the-line Colosseum tickets
- Exclusive Colosseum underground access
- Exclusive Colosseum Arena access
- Palatine hill
- Roman Forum
- Julius Caesars temple
- Arch of Titus
- Fully guided experience
- UNDERGROUND AND ARENA: The access to the restricted areas of the Colosseum (Underground and Arena) may be shared among other participants in the LivTours exclusive entry slot. At times, for safety reasons, logistics, and traffic control, the group may be led by one guide. This choice is at the complete discretion of the Colosseum’s administration and security policy of that day in accordance with adequate safety measures. Please be aware that this is only for 30/40 minutes of the total duration of the tour. Our max six people policy is guaranteed for the remainder of the duration of the tour.
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- There is no photography allowed inside the Sistine Chapel.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the museum.
- The Colosseum can accommodate a maximum of 3.000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors. Please be on time!
- The Vatican Museums are closed on Sundays.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, you are required to wear a mask for the entire duration of the tour. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Must show Vaccination or Negative test for Italy & France ToursFor all France and Italy tours that include an indoor activity, a museum or an archeological park visit, it is now National Law in both countries, to present a covid-19 vaccination card OR negative covid-19 test result from the past 48 hrs accompanied by your personal ID to the local authorities for all adults over the age of 12. Lack of ability to present such documentation may result in loss of tour and funds lifting LivTours from all responsibilities.
Great day in Rome, even with teenagers!
"My husband, 3 kids (ages 17, 15 and 12) and I had a wonderful day in Rome with our guide, Frederica. We booked a private day tour as we thought it might be too challenging to keep everyone engaged and interested in a group tour. It was the first time for my husband and kids to visit Rome and we wanted to have a really special tour of the best sights. Our day began on the wrong foot and we were late for our timed entrance but I called the LivItaly office who was very understanding and they revised our entrance time to make it all work! We really appreciated their patience and flexibility. Thank you LivItaly...we booked a tour in Venice too. Worth every penny, and we will recommend you to anyone we know who visits Italy!"
Leah Chang - USA
Great day in Rome!
"We booked the full day private tour of Vatican, Pantheon, Trevi fountain, St. Peter’s, Roman Forum and Coloseum. Our guide Barbara was amazing very caring and informative and despite the long day, we thoroughly enjoyed every minute! No hesitation in recommending"
Thomas Grossi - USA
The best way to see Rome
"Our family of five (with our three adult kids) had our guide Giulia to ourselves for the day. I couldn’t believe how knowledgeable, passionate, kind and fun she was. We learned so much from her and there was not a single question she couldn’t answer. I have already suggested the same tour to my friends. Thank you so much for a fantastic part of our vacation!!"
Ann S. - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.