Private Picasso Walking Tour of Barcelona with VIP Access to Fine Arts School
LivTours Private Picasso Walking Tour of Barcelona is an amazing way to understand and appreciate one of the 20th century’s most influential artists. Follow in his footsteps as your expert guide accompanies you on a journey through his personal and artistic life. Though not originally from Barcelona, Picasso spent his formative years in this vibrant Mediterranean city.
On your private tour you will relish the exclusive access to la Lonja, the former Fine Arts School where Picasso studied and his father taught. Now a time capsule of a bygone era, it will be like stepping back in time allowing you to see the school through the artist’s eyes. You will also get to enjoy skip-the-line tickets to the Picasso Museum which houses thousands of his paintings, ceramic works, and drawings – all donated by the artist himself during his lifetime. You will explore the neighborhood where Picasso lived, had studios, and studied before leaving to live in Paris. This private tour is ideal for knowledgeable art lovers or novices alike.
- Dive into a full immersion tour with 4 hours of insight into Picasso’s life & art
- Stroll through Picasso’s former neighborhood with your experienced local guide
- Visit the former Fine Arts School where Picasso studied as a boy with private access
- Admire Picasso’s earlier works as your guide tells you the inspiration behind each
- Enjoy a comprehensive private tour dedicated to Picasso’s life, art & studies
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
LivTours Private Picasso Walking Tour of Barcelona begins in the charming medieval neighborhood, el Born, where Picasso spent a great deal of time and where you will meet your experienced private guide. Dedicated only to you, your guide will share with you the intricacies of Picasso’s life as you meander through the charming streets on your way to your first stop. A perfect homage to the artist who once walked the same streets.
Your first stop is at the Picasso Museum, home to 4000 works of art by this prolific artist from the many phases of his life, all dedicated by the artist himself or his family. Your expert guide will make the most of your time in the Museum with explanations of the highlights while connecting them to the artist’s life. Highlights include Picasso paintings from his childhood, his formative years at college, his time in Paris, some of his Blue Period work, and his entire Las Meninas series. While seeing these amazing paintings, you will learn how the son of a talented painter and professor at the Fine Arts School in Barcelona would soon outshine the very man who inspired him.
Next, it is on to what might be the most exciting destination of the tour, the former Fine Arts School where Picasso’s father taught starting in 1895 and where Pablo himself was a student. No longer a functioning school, but a private museum, you will truly feel like you are stepping back in time the minute you walk inside. Your knowledgeable private guide will show you the works that influenced the artist’s beginnings and helped shape his style.
This unique experience is a proper art pilgrimage for the Picasso lover in you. This private tour allows for exclusive interaction with your top-rated tour guide that will educate and entertain you with anecdotes of the life of the 20th century’s most beloved artist. The privileged access to great wonders like the former Fine Art School and personal stories of Picasso’s life make this tour an absolute must to any visit to lovely Barcelona.
- The el Born neighborhood
- Entrance tickets into the Picasso Museum
- Entrance into Fine Arts School of Picasso
- Fully guided experience
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- There is no photography allowed in some or all areas of this tour.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the museum.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
Unforgettable and educational tour
"This tour was awesome! Picasso is one of our most favorite modern artists but even if he wasn't, his life is so fascinating that it's certainly worth taking this tour. We saw many of his early works and where he studied as a young man. But just walking the streets and hearing all about his life and the influences that shaped his artistic career was simply awesome!"
Rene - USA