Private Tivoli Day Trip from Rome
LivTours’ private Tour from Rome to Tivoli is a full-day tour of the luxurious villas, lush gardens, and jaw-dropping ceiling frescoes. You will enjoy luxury transportation to and from the center of Rome while enjoying the beautiful Italian countryside. This private tour allows your private guide to tailor the day to your liking while discovering one of the hidden gems of Italy.
Enjoy a day seeing how the rich and famous of times gone past lived in Italy. You will spend part of your day exploring a Renaissance villa that was commissioned by a Pope, lived in by one of the wealthiest Cardinals, visited by Franz Listz, and in 2001, this sometimes very controversial villa became a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Hosting 64 waterfalls, endless meters of canals, the decorative gardens of this outstanding villa are sure to be a treat. Not to be outdone by the other villas in the town, you will also get a chance to discover the villa that was summer residence built by Roman Emperor Hadrian and dates back to the 2nd century BC all in the company of your expert private guide!
- Discover the beautiful villas and gardens of elegant Tivoli with a private guide
- Visit the Villa D'Este with its stunning staircase waterfalls and amazing frescoes
- Explore Hadrian’s Villa - the luxury home of the Roman Emperor from 2AD
- Revel in the comfort of chauffeured luxury private transportation
- Enjoy free time for lunch at a typical Italian restaurant (not included)
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours’ Tour from Rome to Tivoli is a journey back in time that starts by visiting the awe-inspiring ruins of Emperor Hadrian’s villa. Constructed in the early part of the 2nd century as a summer retreat to escape the heat of Rome. An immense complex hosting underground service passageways big enough for vehicles (tantalizing glimpses are still visible), the villa also includes lakes, fountains, libraries, bathhouses, temples, and gardens. The labyrinth-like complex has such a large footprint,it is easy to imagine the emperor himself asking for directions.
Next is time to recharge by taking a short lunch break in the charming little town of Tivoli where you can choose to sample the local food and wine (not included).
After lunch, it is on to visit a dazzling 16th Century Villa d’Este. Built in the Renaissance, this venue is famous for its terraced hillside with its outstandingly frescoed reception rooms and endless garden. Designed to impress the Cardinal Ippolito d’Este’s guests, the Villa d’Este gardens are composed almost exclusively of water features – 64 water fountains, purposely built canal system, and 220 basins, all working thanks to nature! Your private guide will share with you the grand ‘Fountain of the Dragons’, ‘Hundred Fountains’, as well as, the miniature watery reproduction of Rome. All leading to the focal point, the gigantic Water Organ Fountain, where you can admire the beautiful water as it cascades down a huge distance into quiet, shady pools.
- Ruins of Emporer Hadians Villa
- Guided tour of villa d'Este
- Free time for lunch in Tivoli town (not included)
- Escorted pickup from your hotel
- The villas of Tivoli are about an hour’s drive from the center of Rome. This tour includes a private Mercedes vehicle with a driver and a private tour guide.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Tivoli: just a short ways out of Rome
"This was a wonderful tour and I highly recommend it. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable with history and archeological information to help us understand the history of both Villa d'Este and the ruins of Hadrian's Villa. We really got a good idea of what it was like during ancient Roman times. Very interesting!!"
Nigel - UK
Don't miss Tivoli
"We had a wonderful day in Tivoli with Luca - he had an amazing amount of knowledge and was great fun! Tivoli (just outside of Rome) is certainly worth visiting, if you have the time, and if you can get Luca as your guide, you'll be guaranteed a wonderful day! Highly recommend!"
Holly W. - USA
By selecting Choose Dates Later / Buy as Gift at booking, any tour can be purchased without fixed dates. This is the perfect option if you want to purchase your tour as a gift for a loved one, or if you are in the pre-planning phase of your vacation. After booking, you will receive a Travel Voucher Code and full instructions on how to schedule your tours when ready. Once your travel plans are confirmed, you can easily use the Travel Voucher Code on the LivTours website to formally schedule your tours. You can find out more here.