Semi-Private Ostia Antica Tour
LivTours Semi-Private Ostia Antica Tour is a half-day trip from Rome. This harbor city that was once full of hustle and bustle and one of the most important trading ports in the Roman Empire. On this semi-private group tour, you will maximize your time with your expert local guide by your side. Lucky for you, Ostia Antica has always been extremely well looked after, making the town the most well preserved ancient Roman city known to man. Along with your group of no more than six travelers, your expert guide will bring the ruins to life through their stories and anecdotes. By the end of the tour, you will have a really good understanding of what Ostia Antica was like in its heyday when it was an essential trading hub.
You will start your tour at the entrance of the archeological site, where your local expert guide will be waiting for you. An expert in their field, your guide will take you on a tour back in time 2,000 years when Ostia Antica was at the height of its population and importance in the Roman Empire. Seeing the ruins first hand allows your guide to paint a vivid picture of what daily life must have been like, the luxuries the wealthy would have enjoyed, the challenges of the poor, and the urban planning the Romans were so known for.
- Discover well-preserved ancient ruins of Ostia Antica known as the "better Pompeii"
- Tour with an expert LivTours guide who will be waiting for you in Ostia Antica
- Savor LivTours’ exclusive priority access into the ruins & maximize your time
- Visit what was once the most powerful trade & commerce site of the Roman Empire
- Climb the steps of the Ostia Antica Theater which remains perfectly intact
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Semi-Private Ostia Antica Tour begins at the entrance of the Ostia Antica site, where you will be met by your top rated LivTours guide. Enjoying LivTours exclusive priority entrance, you will be able to make the most of your time with your guide. Your guide will paint a vivid picture of what life was like during Roman times when the city was in its heyday through stories and anecdotes. You will also get a chance to see the Baths of Neptune with its wonderfully preserved mosaics, the former business district, known as the commercial forum, an theater that seated 3,500 attendees.
Seeing first-hand ancient storefronts, public bathhouses, with indoor plumbing, hot and cold running water, you will find out just how advanced the Roman Empire was. This is a wonderful half-day tour allowing you a deeper understanding of the inner workings and the strength of its far-reaching trading network. A visit to Ostia Antica is key in understanding daily life some 2,600 years ago!
After your comprehensive tour of Ostia Antica is complete you can return to Rome, stay in Ostia Antica for a while longer or head to the Mediterranean; keep reading to find out more.
Want to turn your half-day into a full day trip? Why not take a visit to nearby Ostia Lido!
On LivTours’ Semi-Private Ostia Antica Tour you have choices of how to spend your time after your tour ends. You can spend more time in Ostia Antica exploring on your own, return to Rome straight away or take the train a few more stops and spend the afternoon on the Mediterranean. Your guide will help you with any details you need on the day!
- Entrance tickets for Ostia Antica
- Fully guided experience
- Ostia necropolis
- Piazza della minerva
- Baths of Neptune
- Ancient theatre of Ostia
- Square of the corporations
- The ancient bakery
- Ostia forum
- Ancient latrines
- In order to book this experience, you must be at least 2 participants.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols.
Highly recommended Ostia Antica tour
"We were really surprised how well preserved Ostia Antica still is! So if you want to experience a Roman ancient city this is the tour for you! Our tour guide Gio was doing a wonderful job showing us around and explaining the history of Ostia. We can sincerely recommend this tour! "
Ann-Charlotte and John - Sweden