Private Walking Tour of Florence | City Highlights with David & Duomo
LivTours’ Private Walking Tour | Florence Highlights with David & Duomo is ideal if you want to experience the beautiful Renaissance city with an expert guide making a memorable day full of art and history! Though the highlight of this tour is Michelangelo’s David, your private expert guide will show you so much more as you explore the mecca of Renaissance art. On this walking tour of Florence, you can expect to see the Palazzo Vecchio, Giotto’s Bell Tower, Ponte Vecchio Bridge, and of course, Michelangelo’s David.
A relatively small city, Florence packs a big punch as the birthplace of Renaissance art, so having a private tour guide to show what lays below the surface will give you a glimpse into why Florence is considered one of the most prestigious cities for art.
LivTours Tours will take care of all the preparations necessary, so you can have a truly memorable and hassle-free walking tour of Florence. All of LivTours’ guides are experts in their field and are more than happy to answer any questions you might have about history, art, and even local cuisine.
- Stroll the streets of the birthplace of Italian Renaissance with your private guide
- Discover the secrets behind Brunelleschi's Dome, a masterpiece towering over Florence
- Admire the oldest bridge in Florence - il Ponte Vecchio - that crosses the Arno River
- Enjoy LivTours’ exclusive priority access and skip the line, avoiding crowds & waits
- Soak up the beauty of Michelangelo's 17 foot statue - The David - from just feet away
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your Private Walking Tour Florence begins at an hour that is convenient for you, depending on your schedule. You will meet your tour guide at the centrally located Piazza della Signoria, and the tour will begin in what is considered, an outdoor museum that surrounds you. Once you are acquainted with your guide, you will begin your stroll towards Palazzo Vecchio, marveling at the statues and fountains flanking the main facade.
Your guide will take you towards the picturesque bridge of Ponte Vecchio, and share with you the fascinating history of Florence’s longest-standing bridge. Admire the numerous jewelry shops nestled along both sides of this Medieval bridge, enjoy its colorful charm, and take a few moments to snap some photos as this is one of the most photographed sites in Florence.
Your private Florence tour continues as you stroll through the charming streets of this Florentine city where some of the greatest artists have walked – Michelangelo, Dante Alighieri, and Botticelli. You will make a stop in the Piazza della Repubblica, nowadays lined with quaint cafes and hotels, it was once home to an Ancient Roman Forum and has suffered many changes throughout time.
Next, it is on to the unique Duomo made of green, white, and pink local marble and is crowned with Brunelleschi’s Dome which is said to have been inspired by the magnificent engineering of the Pantheon in Rome. This engineering marvel has earned its place as a permanent fixture in the skyline of Florence.
Just next to the Cathedral of Florence, known by Italians as the Duomo, is an eight-sided building which is the Baptistery. You will discover why the Baptistery was outside the Cathedral and not inside as they usually are. Admire the Baptistery’s Holy Door, coined as the Gates of Paradise by Michelangelo thanks to the opulent beauty of the gold reliefs which serve to tell the story of the Old Testament – a truly unique Renaissance masterpiece.
Your Florence Walking Tour will now close with a visit to the famous Galleria dell’Accademia, where you will enjoy skip-the-line entrance tickets, maximizing your time in Florence. Michelangelo’s original David statue is a majestic statue that is sure to impress at 17 feet high, this iconic piece was completed when the artist was only 29 years old.
Come explore Florence with a private expert guide at your side and create a memorable time in Tuscany!
UPGRADE YOUR TOUR & ADD THE DUOMO OR BELL TOWER CLIMB
Add the possibility of climbing the Duomo of Florence 30 minutes after the tour is over. By adding the optional add-on, we will provide you with skip-the-line timed tickets to climb the Duomo after the tour is over. In case the Duomo is sold out, you will be able to climb the magnificent bell tower of the Church. In addition, the tickets also include access to the Museo del Duomo. Please bear in mind that these are subject to availability and that we will need the full name and dates of birth of all participants in order to secure your climb.
- Piazza della Signoria
- Ponte Vecchio
- Piazza della Repubblica
- Duomo (from the outside)
- Florence baptistery (from the outside)
- Giottos bell tower (from the outside)
- Skip the line into Accademia Gallery
- Option to climb duomo or bell tower
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the Museum.
- The Florence Cathedral is an active church and can be closed unexpectedly for liturgical ceremonies.
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in another language than English.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
Just like locals
"My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our walking tour through Florence with Anna! She was so kind and sweet when we met her and made us feel comfortable the whole time. Her being a local and living there her whole life gave us such great information about the city we were in! She also gave us recommendations for locals… We went to a restaurant she recommended and it was one of the best meals we have ever had! I would recommend this tour company to anyone and if they were lucky would have Anna as their tour guide! "
Nicole Clair - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.