Market & Cicchetti Private Venice Food Tour
LivTours Private Venice Food Tour is an amazing foodie experience! Start off by exploring the oldest fish market in Venice, admiring the fresh displays and bustling local life with your private expert guide at your side. Learn about Venice and its food culture as you stroll past fishmongers whose families have worked here for generations.
You will visit two different local bars (called bacari by the locals) to savor some cicchetti, Venetian snacks while enjoying a glass of local prosecco. After your aperitif, you will hop on a gondolino, a small gondola and glide across the canal for a spectacular lunch of traditional local foods. This private tour is an unforgettable way to discover Venice through its food and local life!
- Explore a centuries old fish market in Venice for a true taste of lively local life
- Savor the famous Venetian cicchetti snacks as you sip on a glass of Prosecco
- Enjoy a tour with a local guide who will bring Venice to life with cultural anecdotes
- Glide across the canal in a gondolino to have lunch in truly local spot
- Enjoy a delicious traditional lunch and taste the best of Venetian cuisine
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your Private Venice Food Tour starts near the famously picturesque Rialto Bridge, just a stone’s throw from the Rialto Fish Market. This bustling local market was declared a UNESCO patrimony site. Let the sights and sounds from this local market entice into this truly local life that has existed for centuries.
After you have finished admiring the array of freshly caught fish and seafood, it is time to partake in the famous cicchetti culture of Venice. Cicchetti, traditional appetizers of fish, meat, or vegetables that are normally accompanied by a glass of wine or prosecco and eaten in bacari bars. Eaten throughout the day by locals from mid-morning onwards and usually consumed while standing up, this unique fast food can only be found in Venice. Your local foodie guide will accompany you to two authentic cicchetti bars each with their own distinct feel to give you a real taste of the city.
Next, it is time to enjoy a traditional Venetian lunch, but you’ll be taking to the waters like the locals as you cross the canal in a gondolino, the perfect way to cross the canal in style like a local. Your lunch will be local dishes centering around seafood or fish paired with polenta or rice. Some traditional dishes include squid ink pasta or squid ink and polenta, creamed codfish and polenta, fresh catch of the day and veggies or a fish risotto.
Your Venetian lunch will be the final stop on your Venice Food & Wine Tour and it is the perfect end to a foodie tour. You will have seen and tasted your way around Venice with your local expert guide and should feel a little more in touch with what it’s like to be a true Venetian. You are guaranteed to finish this tour with big smiles, lots of pictures, and most importantly, a full stomach!
- Rialto Bridge
- Rialto Fish Market
- 2 Cicchetti stops with wine & prosecco
- Gondolino Ride
- Fully guided experience
- We can accommodate dietary restrictions such as vegetarian or gluten-free. Please specify your food needs under “Additional Notes” after booking.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Great food, great fun!
"While in Venice, we took the private food tour with Elisa. She took us through the most important parts of Venice and explained how Venice was built up from the past until now. We had her select our food and wine - they were fantastic suggestions. This tour with Elisa gave us a real Venice experience before we head out and go back to the States."
Frank V. - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.