Old London Tour with Cream Tea | Private
Your Livtours Private Old London Tour is the perfect way to see the city center of London and wander back in time right up until the present day capital. With your 3.5 hours private tour, you will explore London old and new with an expert local guiding you from must-see to lesser know pausing at your leisure for a photo, questions, and discussions before heading for a luxurious cream tea in a beautiful location. Marvel at the 2000 year old roman buildings hidden in 17th-century churches, and stand in awe at a city that has been rebuilt, reinvented, and restored countless times throughout history. Now the financial capital of the world, the small square mile, known to locals as simply ‘The City’ is a London that has been burnt, bombed, and battered by misfortune.
Discover what life was like during the Great Plague, how the entire city was razed by fire, and understand the character of the Londoner who kept calm and carried on as bombs rained down on their city nightly throughout the war. With your very own expert guide, understand the nature of this architectural Phenix that always rises from the ashes. From Saint Pauls to the tower of London traverse the city in style and wonder at the marvels along the way.
- Follow your very own personal guide around London old and new
- Enjoy a delicious and traditional afternoon tea in a beautiful London location
- Benefit from a private expert on hidden on a 3.5 hour tour
- Step back in time over 2000 years as you traverse the ‘Square mile’ of old london
- Marvel and how the city has changed from Roman outpost to center of the world
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Private Old London Tour takes you on an adventure through a neighborhood that is a living architectural history book, spanning over 2000 years. In the shadows of the towering financial capital is a maze of courtyards, alleyways, and medieval churches. Follow your very own historian and local expert as they guide you through the very heart of the City of London. Now largely uninhabited by Londoners, the city comes alive in the working week and is the financial district of the world. It has changed its face and nature countless times over its history. Begin your perfect exploration of the city in style as your private expert guide leads you from the west end of the historic square mile to Her Majesty’s Prison in the east, the infamous Tower of London, showing you the iconic and lesser-known. With a private tour, you have the chance to ask questions and leisure engage with and get to know your local guide without feeling rushed and herded around the busy streets of London. Venture into the unimaginable as you learn that the towering capital you are standing in was once a Roman outpost, and how a town that once belonged to the roman empire became the capital of an even bigger more powerful one.
Visit incredible sights from a beautiful warren of gardens and gothic buildings known as the Temple, once the headquarters of the mysterious and powerful Knights Templar, an order horrifically betrayed in the 14th century. See bombed-out churches that have taken on new roles, stroll past literary watering holes like Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, iconic London drinking spot for the likes of Charles Dickens and Mark Twain. Pause to relax in style at a traditional establishment to take Afternoon cream tea with delicious English scones. Ending by the medieval fortress The Tower of London your private tour of Old London is all-encompassing and is sure to leave you feeling like an expert of London old and new.
- St Clement Danes Church (from outside)
- Fleet Street
- Temple church (from outside)
- St Brides Church
- Great Fire Monument
- St Paul’s Cathedral (from outside)
- See damage from the Blitz of WW2
- River Thames views
- Tower Bridge views
- Richest square mile in the world
- Tea with fresh scones, jam & cream
- Privately guided experience
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.