Morning Tour of Rome | Semi-Private Early Bird Walking Tour
LivTours Morning Tour of Rome rewards early risers with an exploration of the city’s sites before the hustle and bustle that comes in the afternoon. Eat a typical Roman breakfast of strong espresso coffee or a warm, frothy cappuccino and a flaky pastry. Your guide is a local expert who will show your small group (maximum 6 people) around the city center’s most iconic places. They will share the fascinating stories and anecdotes behind every corner as you go. See the Spanish Steps in the early morning sunlight, before they are lined with tourists.
Take a picture in front of the magnificent Trevi Fountain while the afternoon crowds are still asleep. Learn about Rome’s incredible architectural marvel, the Pantheon, and admire the awe-inspiring dome inside. Learn about the style and artists behind the Baroque fountains and churches in Piazza Navona. Wander the city’s labyrinth of narrow, cobblestone streets and find the hidden treasures along the way. This Sunrise itinerary is perfectly designed to show you the calmer side of this timeless city, without the crowds of tourists!
- Explore Rome’s city center and landmarks as the sun rises on this walking tour
- Enjoy an intimate touring environment in this semi-private group of max 6 people
- See the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, and Pantheon with an English-speaking guide
- Start your day with an Italian breakfast of warm cornetto and espresso or cappuccino
- Discover the charming cobblestone streets and famous places without the crowds
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Morning Tour of Rome begins with a fresh cornetto and a warm cappuccino. This early morning start allows you to see some of Rome’s most visited highlights while most of the tourists are still asleep! Your semi-private group is kept to 6 people or less in order for you to have a more intimate touring experience with your knowledgeable guide.
Start your day at the Spanish Steps. These 138 steps were designed to span the steep hill between two gorgeous piazzas. At this early hour, you can see them before they become lined with tourists and Romans taking a break. Walk the maze-like stone streets and admire centuries of art and architecture as you wander through this Eternal City.
You will visit one of Rome’s most beautiful landmarks, the Pantheon. Once a pagan temple, this structure is a feat of engineering genius that attracts both tourists and students alike. Learn about the centuries of transformation behind this iconic structure. Pass through the massive columns and see the tombs of important people such as the first King of Italy and the Renaissance artist Raphael. Watch as the sunlight crawls inside through the open oculus at the center of its famous dome.
Explore the picturesque Piazza Navona. Its oval shape is a clue to this piazza’s original use, a large stadium that once held 30,000 spectators! Today it boasts gorgeous Baroque art and architecture. See the famous Four Rivers Fountain by Bernini, complete with one of Rome’s many repurposed ancient Egyptian obelisks. Your guide will describe the complex symbolism as you circle it.
No visit to Rome would be complete without seeing one of the most famous fountains in the world, the Trevi Fountain. Still fed water today by one of the city’s ancient aqueducts, this Baroque masterpiece is in reality a celebration of water itself! In the early morning hours, you will have the rare opportunity to visit this iconic fountain without the crowds.
This semi-private Morning Tour is perfect for travelers who want to experience the calmer side of this lively city center and its major sites!
- Walks are rain or shine so we recommend dressing comfortably and bringing rain gear as needed.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- Religious sites such as the Pantheon have a dress code for entry. All visitors must have their shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops, no short skirts or dresses).
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols.
Magical Roman experience
"We had heard from friends that this was the best walking tour to take in Rome. It was a little bit difficult to get up and going early (because of jet lag) but we were SO glad we made the effort. The experience was unforgettable. To see Rome without all of the confusion and traffic, to watch as the sun warms up the marble monuments, to stroll down the little cobblestone alleys with no one around....it was magical! Our friends were right in recommending this tour and we will do the same to everyone we know."
Jenny - USA
Awesome small group morning walk
"We loved this morning stroll of Rome. Our group was made up of the three of us and another couple and our guide, John, who was so knowledgeable and friendly. We loved being out before most of the romans and the tourists and feel like we got a much better impression of the city, having seen the highlights in the early morning light and in a relaxed setting. It was certainly worth getting up early for!"
Judy - USA
A wonderful way to see Rome
"If you are early risers, like us, you'll find this tour to be the best way to see the highlights of Rome. We were out and around before the normal everyday hussle and bussle and the morning light on the monuments makes them even more spectacular. Our guide, Giulia, was warm and friendly and very knowledgeable about her native city. She was born there but has lived in the states for many years so her English is flawless. Her worldwide experience made it particularly interesting to hear her "take" on life in Italy. All in all, a really wonderful morning. We will definitely recommend it to everyone coming to Rome."
Regan - USA