British Museum Tour | Semi-Private Experience
With an expert guide and small groups under six, Livtours British Museum Tour is a personal and fascinating way to see the highlights of this incredible and extensive collection. Avoid wandering aimlessly through the gigantic collection of over 8,000 as your local expert guides you across the galleries bringing to life each era and its most famous artifacts. Opened in 1756 The British museum is not only older than many counties but contains some of the oldest artifacts in the world, it is home to one of the most extensive and comprehensive collections on earth, as The British Empire expanded as did the Museum.
Yet trying to maximize your time and experiencing such a vast collection to its full is a difficult task for many visitors. By taking a semi private guided tour the stories, histories and importance of these world famous artifacts are made more accessible with the entertaining and gripping stories your guide will provide, from the incredible and controversial Elgin Marbles to the groundbreaking Rosetta stone, that allowed historians to understand hieroglyphics for the first time. Discover, uncover and adventure through time across all four corners of the world on your 2 hour tour of all the best the British Museum has to offer.
- Discover the fascinating stories of more than 4000 years of history with expert guide
- Experience the British Museum in comfort with small groups under 6 people
- Maximixe your time in one of the worlds largest museums with our 2 hour highlights
- Marvel and magnificent objects of old from Egyption Mummies to Ancient Marbles
- Uncover the lesser known stories behind the most famous objects in the world
- Witness over 4000 years of human history on your Semi-Private British Museum
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your Livtours Semi-Private British Museum Tour takes you on a journey inside one of the most prestigious museums in the world. Opened in fashionable Bloomsbury ( the original location was supposed to be Buckingham house, now a palace of the Queen) The British Museum is more than just a collection of antiques; it is a visual interaction with the world of the past, a museum that can transport you to any century anywhere.
From India, China, Egypt to Greece you will explore the greatest achievements of mankind through the art, artifacts and objects they have left behind. Beginning as a small private collection, developing into the national library and natural history museum the British Museum has grown and grown until its division of institutions. Today the sight displays the greatest and most important artifacts and objects of the entire national collection. With an expert guide by your side and groups of no more than six, benefit from engaging with your guide, questioning and discussing some of the most iconic artifacts from history.
Marvel at the world famous Elgin Marbles built to honor the goddess Athena, or stand in front of the Rosetta stone, a tablet written in ancient Greek and Egyptian Hieroglyphics allowing linguists to understand the illusive ancient symbols for the first time. contemplate the determination and tenacity of previous explorers, archaeologists and historians who cracked codes, unraveled mysteries and revealed the secrets of the past.
With the museum’s unusual art affects and your guides wonderful storytelling they will ensure that two hours is the perfect amount of time to unpack the fascinating histories behind the world’s treasures from Egyptian mummies to Anglo Saxon weapons, your guide will focus on the must see objects as well as answering any questions you may have on the collections. Put the pieces in place on a timeline of world history and leave feeling educated in history, art and the culture of the world.
- Enlightenment Gallery
- Easter Island head
- Aztec and Mayan collection
- Sutton Hoo ship burial
- Medieval Europe collection
- Ancient Egypt & mummies
- Roman Britain collection
- Portland vase
- Ancient Rome collection
- Money Gallery
- Warren Cup
- Ancient Greece collection
- The Rosetta Stone
- Assyrian collection
- Parthenon Marbles
- Fully guided experience
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.