VIP Rome in a Day | Semi-Private Experience
LivTours Rome in a Day Tour brings together two of our most popular tours for the perfect semi-private full-day tour. Enjoy early entrance to the Sistine Chapel, visit two restricted areas of the Colosseum, and visit lots more in between!
Early entrance to the Sistine Chapel allows you to enjoy this incredible space for a whole hour before the crowds arrive. When visiting the Colosseum, you have priority access to the dungeons and the arena floor. Imagine walking right where gladiator fights used to take place, well that’s just what you will do with LivTours. This full-day tour shows you so much more of Rome than those two famous sites and it is a great way to make the most of your vacation time! See the Fountain of Trevi, Pantheon, Spanish Steps and more on this comprehensive Rome tour.
- Enjoy a stress free full-day tour of Rome on this VIP semi-private tour of 6 people
- Gain access to the Sistine Chapel one hour before it opens to the general public
- Revel in LivTours priority access to two restricted areas of the Colosseum
- See the most iconic landmarks including Pantheon, Trevi Fountain & the Spanish Steps
- Have an expert guide, exclusively dedicated to your tour, share the history of Rome
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours VIP Rome in a Day Semi-Private Tour begins when you meet your guide early morning at the Vatican. You will enjoy the luxury of entering the Vatican Museums an entire hour before the general public. Imagine the soft morning light as you gaze up at Michelangelo’s masterpiece, the Sistine Chapel. As it is not possible for guides to talk inside the Sistine Chapel, your guide will use the time before entering the museum to give you the history and details of this great piece of art that almost did not get painted! Your expert guide will make sure you visit all the Vatican highlights from the Laocoon Priest of Troy to the Gallery of the Tapestries. You will continue to enjoy LivTours’ exclusive access when you visit St Peter’s Basilica, the largest Catholic church in the world, filled with beautiful pieces of art, including the only signed piece by Michelangelo.
Once you have finished visiting St Peter’s it is time to hop in the luxury chauffeured van that is waiting for you and set off to explore the most important buildings and spaces in the heart of Rome. This is your chance to see the highlights from the Pantheon, to the Spanish Steps to the Trevi Fountain. A stop at Trevi Fountain is a must for any visitor to Rome. Tossing a coin over your shoulder into the fountain seals the deal for your return to the Eternal City. A visit to the city center would not be complete without a stop at the Trevi Fountain, where a single coin toss promises that you will return to the Eternal City.
Before starting your afternoon tour of the ancient sites of Rome, you will have time for a quick lunch. Your chauffeur will be happy to offer you suggestions based on your tastes. Please note that lunch is not included in the price of the tour.
LivTours Rome in a Day Semi-Private Tour continues after your lunch break, by going back in time to ancient Rome! You will meet your local expert guide and visit the Colosseum while enjoying exclusive access to two additional areas – the Colosseum dungeons, and the Arena Floor. Walking out onto the arena floor makes the hubbub of the gladiator fights come into focus. Imagine the huge crowds and their shouts that would have accompanied them on the day. Your LivTours guide will explain the games and events of ancient Roman as you continue to visit this 2,000-year-old building. Before you leave, you will head down a level to visit the complex and amazing dungeons and hallways where animals awaited their fate before the fights.
After visiting the Colosseum it is time to head to higher ground as your guide walks with you up to the top of the Palatine Hill where Rome was said to have begun. Learn about the early origins of Rome as you walk through the ruins, explore and visit the temples from the Roman Empire, and the impressive Arch of Titus, ending up in front of the resting place of Julius Caesar.
Your Rome in a Day Tour finishes in the Roman Forum.
- Chauffer service between sites
- VIP early entrance Vatican tickets
- Raphael rooms (before the crowds)
- Sistine chapel (before the crowds)
- Vatican museums highlights tour
- St Peter's Basilica
- St Peter's square
- Piazza Navona
- Trevi fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Free time for lunch
- Skip-the-line Colosseum tickets
- Exclusive Colosseum underground access
- Exclusive Colosseum Arena access
- Palatine hill
- Roman Forum
- Julius Caesars temple
- Arch of Titus
- Fully guided experience
- Small groups 6 people or less
- UNDERGROUND AND ARENA The access to the restricted areas of the Colosseum (Underground and Arena) may be shared among other participants in the LivTours exclusive entry slot. At times, for safety reasons, logistics and traffic control, the group may be led by one guide. This choice is at the complete discretion of the Colosseum’s administration and security policy of that day in accordance with adequate safety measures. Please be aware that this is only for 30/40 minutes of the total duration of the tour. Our max six people policy is guaranteed for the remainder of the duration of the tour.
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- There is no photography allowed inside the Sistine Chapel.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the museum.
- In order to book this experience, you must be at least 2 participants.
- Lunch is not included in the price of the tour.
- The Colosseum can accommodate a maximum of 3.000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors. Please be on time!
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, you are required to wear a mask for the entire duration of the tour. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Must show Vaccination or Negative test for Italy & France ToursFor all France and Italy tours that include an indoor activity, a museum or an archeological park visit, it is now National Law in both countries, to present a covid-19 vaccination card OR negative covid-19 test result from the past 48 hrs accompanied by your personal ID to the local authorities for all adults over the age of 12. Lack of ability to present such documentation may result in loss of tour and funds lifting LivTours from all responsibilities.
Exactly the tour we hoped it would be
"My colleagues and I booked this tour on the day off from our medical conference in Rome. Obviously we needed help to navigate the city in order to see as much as possible in one day. This tour was perfect for us. Our group consisted of the three of us and another couple so truly small group, as advertised. The morning was spent largely at the Vatican to see the highlights of the museum, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peters basilica. Afterwards, we were met by a private driver and taken around the city to see many of the most important attractions. Our guide for the morning, Giulia, was simply awesome: warm and friendly and very well versed on the Vatican and Rome. The Colosseum and Roman Forum tour in the afternoon was with Davide who was also a super guide. Again, very friendly and knowledgeable and a joy to be with. The tour itself was awesome as we were able to go underneath the Colosseum and in other areas that aren't normally open to the general public. We learned so much on this tour and it was just exactly what we wanted as a thorough but comfortable introduction to the highlights of this amazing city."
Denise M. - USA
Rome in a day
"This was the perfect tour for us since we had very limited time in Rome. We chose the small group tour but since there was only 1 other couple with us, we felt we were getting very intimate and personal attention. Even with another couple (making LivItaly's max of 6 in a group) we still would have been very pleased with the group size. We saw the Vatican museum and Sistine Chapel before the crowds, skipped the line to get into the Basilica, were taken around in a nice van with driver to various other important sites like the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and more and then after lunch, to the Colosseum and Roman Forum. We had 2 separate guides (one for morning, one for afternoon) and both were absolutely fantastic. Knowledgeable, passionate about the subject and extremely friendly. It was a really lovely day and we will definitely recommend this tour and this tour company to everyone we know."
Jane and John - USA
This was the perfect tour for us!
"This was the perfect tour. We wanted to see as much of Rome as we could in the one day we had. This small group tour was precisely what we were looking for in that we had special early morning access into the Vatican museum so we could see that and the Sistine Chapel before the general public, we had a wonderful guided visit to the Basilica as well, saw several other major must-see sites in the city and then the Roman Forum and Colosseum with special entrance to areas not usually open to the public. It was VIP treatment with very comfortable transportation from place to place. The guides were all fantastic! We came away with a wonderful first impression of Rome and its history!! Great job, LivItaly. Thanks!"
Renee SF - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.