Tate Modern Guided Tour | Private
Your Livtours Private Tate Modern Guided Tour is the best way to learn, engage, and gain a deep understanding of Great Britain’s largest collection of Modern Art. With an expert in the subject leading you around the most important and interesting works of art, benefit from engaging, discussing, and proposing questions with your guide as you explore the museum in VIP luxury. Pass large groups, herded through the museum as you begin a discourse on your favorite paintings or uncover new knowledge on up and coming artists.
Avoid feeling lost in a world of complex symbolism and understand how the art of our time relates to the world around us. Looming over the river Thames, the Tate Modern is a genius repurposing of a 20th-century power station, now housing works of art from Picasso, Dali, Money, Warhol, and Lichtenstein. Bring to life the giants of modern art with this tailor-made personalized tour and leave understanding the codes, messages, and symbols to identify meaning in other works of modern art around the world.
- See world famous works of art from Picasso, Dali to Warhol with a private guide
- Enjoy the luxury of a private customised tour with an expert guide at your side
- Engage with your private expert as they guide you through the museum highlights
- Understand the messages behind the greatest works of art on a 2 hour tour
- Avoid crowds and go straight to the highlights of this renowned museum
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Beginning your Livtours Private Tate Modern Guided Tour, on the banks of the river Thames, your personal expert will begin by introducing the subject in hand and the fascinating area the museum is located in. Southwark has been associated with the arts and entertainment since the 16th century. Setting the scene you will enter a beautifully restored power station, combining industrial grandeur with open spaces to create a perfectly calm atmosphere to view the richest collection of modern art in the UK. Described as an industrial cathedral originally designed to generate power, the brick building that now houses the art was designed by London architect sir Giles Gilbert Scot (designer of London’s iconic red telephone boxes) the building has changed, adapted, and reinvented itself, just like the art it houses and the city it calls home.
As your expert art historian leads you into the museum, begin discussing the nature of art and how we approach, interpret, and interact with images. How modern art affects the way we view the world and what even defines art as a subject. With your tailor-made private tour engage with your guide at different levels, beginning with a crash course in modern art if you wish or discussing your favorite works of art you have come to see. There is no other way to fully immerse yourself in the world of impressionism, DADA, surrealism, or cubism then with your very own expert to lead you. Learn more about Monet and modern arts impressionist breakaway from classical and romantic realistic painting, how impressionism developed into more abstract forms, Spanish giants such as Picasso and Dali, and how the conflict shaped their distressing images, and dive into the world of 1960s pop art with Andy Warhol. Dodge the crowds and enjoy the thought-provoking space at your own comfort and leisure, ensuring you don’t ever feel rushed as you maximize your time visiting the must-see and your personal highlights.
- Private guided tour
- Priority entrance into museum
- Monet, Picasso, Dali
- Andy Warhol & sir Giles Gilbert Scot
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.