Semi-Private Vespa Tour | Rome City Highlights
LivTours Semi-Private Vespa Tour Rome is the quintessential Roman experience. This semi-private tour is full of surprises and you see the highlights in the company of a local expert guide. Good at any time of the year, this is a great way to discover Rome in all its unique colors.
You will feel like you are filming your very own version of Roman Holiday, as you explore the winding streets and stunning architecture of the Eternal City. This quick and easy way to see the city makes it the perfect panoramic tour. So, when in Rome…act like a Roman by hopping onboard your iconic scooter to experience Rome as the Romans do!
- Visit all the major sites & sounds of Rome on this half day semi-private tour
- Enjoy a classic Roman experience driving around on a Vespa with your local guide
- Drive through the historic center & visit Rome’s largest square - Piazza Navona
- Feel the hustle & bustle of Italy’s capital city as you see the highlights on wheels
- Maximize your time in the Eternal City as you zip from place to place on your Vespa
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Vespa Tour of Rome is a semi-private tour that begins in the center of Rome where you will strap on your helmet and get a chance to test your Vespa before the tour begins. You and your group will be led across the Eternal City by a local guide, where you will be led to a less-trafficked area of the city, full of history and hills to explore both your driving skills and stunning panoramic views from above.
LivTours has taken the time to study the best route allowing you to discover the most of the Eternal City and its awe-inspiring panoramic views. You are sure to be the envy of your friends as you zip around the city, visiting more places in three hours than you could visit in an entire day on foot.
Feel like a local as you drive past the Colosseum, a route and ride you are sure to remember. LivTours prides itself on having a maximum of six people per tour group. Our semi-private tours allow you to communicate directly with your tour guide throughout the tour.
This tour allows you to truly experience Rome and maximize your time in the city. Your guide will stop from time to time so you can get in plenty of snapshots to remember your day of adventure driving around Rome on a Vespa! If there is time enough left from exploring, you and your group can choose to stop for gelato to make the day even more memorable.
- Basilica Saint Mary Major
- Colosseum (from the outside)
- Circus Maximus
- Palatine hill (from the outside)
- Romes secret keyhole
- Aventine hill
- The mouth of truth
- Theatre of Marcellus
- Gianicolo hill
- Piazza navona
- Temple of Hadrian
- Trevi fountain
- Spanish steps
- Piazza del popolo
- The rental company requires a €500 (per Vespa) security deposit to be blocked on the driver’s credit card for insurance purposes. Please bring an active card which will be held throughout the duration of your tour.
- A driving license is required with a minimum of 1 year’s experience.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and prepare to wear a helmet the entire ride.
- You must have experience driving a scooter on busy roads to take this tour.
- In order to book this experience, you must be at least 2 participants.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations all participants aged 6 and over must wear a mask for the entire duration of the tour.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
Super fun time seeing the city
"This was the greatest way to see the highlights of Rome! It's exciting to maneuver the streets and alleyways. We went fairly early in the morning on a Saturday so traffic wasn't an issue. Our guide Thomas was a kick and showed us not just the major points of interest but also some places not in the regular tour books. If you like scooters or motorbikes, this is the tour for you!!!"
Roxanne - USA
Had an awesome time
"Really fun tour!!!!!! Super guide, amazing sites, awesome scooters! We felt sooo Roman! "
Charlie G. - USA
Just LOVED this experience!
"This was the most fun tour!! We absolutely LOVED seeing Rome on a scooter -- no less, the famous Vespa! Such an icon of Italy!! We went on a Saturday norming so there wasn't quite the madhouse traffic that there is on weekdays. Our guide was very attentive of us and made sure we understood the possible pitfalls (gotta be careful on those cobblestones!) so it was enjoyable and fun! We saw all of the main sites and our guide even gave us hints on other places to check out and good restaurants too. We were so happy that we booked this tour and highly recommend it to everyone!"
Nina - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.