Private Vespa Sidecar Tour | Rome City Highlights
LivTours Vespa Sidecar Tour | Rome City Highlights is an absolutely once in a lifetime chance to see one of the world’s most famous cities via its iconic mode of transport, the Vespa! Your English-speaking guide is a local expert who will navigate the labyrinth of cobblestone streets for you and brave the foreign traffic manners so you don’t have to. This custom-built scooter features its own, comfortable sidecar which allows passengers to ride in both luxury and style. Ride past ancient ruins, like the Colosseum and the Roman Forum.
See the sloped field of the famous Circus Maximus where chariot races and spectator sports once took place. Go past the city’s largest and most historic churches such as St. Peter’s and Santa Maria Maggiore. Ride past Rome’s curious Pyramid and the ancient Mouth of Truth. Snap pictures of the impressive Pantheon and the Spanish Steps. Stop and photograph Largo Argentina, the ruins where Julius Caesar was assassinated. Catch daily life in beautiful squares like Campo de’ Fiori and Piazza Navona. Normally it would be impossible to see so much in 3 hours, but by Vespa, it’s a breeze!
- Ride in style through Rome in a comfortable sidecar of our custom Italian Vespa
- Discover famous landmarks and monuments with your private, English-speaking guide
- Cover more ground during this 3 hour tour from the comfort of your private Vespa
- Stop along the way to take memorable photos or to have a classic Italian coffee break
- Zip down stone streets and past ancient ruins, discovering hidden spots as you go
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Vespa Sidecar Tour | Rome City Highlights begins at Piazza della Repubblica where you will meet your friendly guide and get acquainted with your Vespa sidecar. Private groups will also get the chance to test out your connected headsets to hear your guide as you’re escorted through the cobblestone streets of Rome. Ready, set, go!
Your guide will drive towards one of Rome’s most impressive churches, Santa Maria Maggiore. Dedicated to Mary and built where snow miraculously fell one summer night. Continue on through the nearby trendy neighborhood of Monti, an old district with lots of restaurants and art galleries. Next, you’ll zoom through picturesque streets and come to the heart of Ancient Rome, the Colosseum and the Palatine Hill. Learn about the history behind this incredible record of ancient life and the exciting stories behind them. Take pictures as you stand on 2,000-year-old streets in front of some of the most recognized monuments in the world! Ride past the Circus Maximus, the location of a massive ancient circus that hosted chariot races and other spectator events. Your guide will then take you up to the top of the Aventine hill where the world’s most famous keyhole exists. What do you see when you look inside?
Ride through another characteristic Roman neighborhood, Testaccio. See the strange Pyramid monument and the famous Mouth of Truth, an ancient stone disc that legends claim bit the hands of liars. Ride to Largo Argentina, the ruins where Julius Caesar was assassinated and Rome was changed forever.
Discover Rome’s other important squares and districts effortlessly by Vespa. See Campo de’ Fiori, where daily food markets take place and where Romans come to drink pre-dinner aperitivo. Visit the oval-shaped Piazza Navona with its Baroque fountains and church. See the gorgeous Spanish Steps which span the steep hill between two beautiful piazzas.
This Sidecar view of Rome’s major landmarks and sites is a thrilling, unique way to explore one of the most timeless and remarkable cities in the world. All you need do is sit back and enjoy the ride!
- Basilica Saint Mary Major
- Colosseum (from the outside)
- Circus Maximus
- Palatine hill (from the outside)
- Romes secret keyhole
- Aventine hill
- The mouth of truth
- Theatre of Marcellus
- Gianicolo hill
- Piazza navona
- Temple of Hadrian
- Trevi fountain
- Spanish steps
- Piazza del popolo
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- Safety equipment to ride in scooters or sidecars will be provided or participants.
- Sidecars have a safety requirement that passengers be at least 4 feet tall.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, you are required to wear a mask for the entire duration of the tour. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
Had so much fun!!
"The Vespa is so ITALIAN!! But I don't know how to drive a scooter so I took the Vespa Sidecar tour and had a BLAST!!! Vroom Vroom!!!"
Muriel - UK
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.