Private Versailles Tour | Royal Palace & Gardens by Golf Cart
Your LivTours Private Versailles Tour with Royal Palace & Gardens Golf Cart Tour focuses on the architectural gem in France’s history. Created by the eccentric King Louis XIV and the palace that Marie Antoinette called home, the Versailles Palace holds a special place in French history. Located a mere 15 miles outside of Paris Versailles continues to attract travelers from all over the world with its stunning architecture and perfectly manicured gardens set out over a staggering 87 million square feet. LivTours takes you on a journey that takes you through the palace and also allows you time to enjoy the gardens, and in the very best way possible. Inside the Palace, you will enjoy LivTours exclusive priority access entrance tickets allowing you to skip the often long lines and you will get to enjoy the massive gardens by golf cart!
Come join LivTours for the ultimate tour of Versailles Palace and Gardens and leave the details to us!
- See a notable amount of Versailles Gardens in a comfortable four-seat golf cart
- Enjoy skip-the-line privileges into Versailles Palace & its most impressive rooms
- Stand before hundreds of mirrors of the opulent Galerie des Glaces
- See where former French kings and queens dined, danced, prayed and slept
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours’ Private Versailles Tour | Royal Palace & Gardens Golf Cart Tour begins when you meet your private expert guide just in front of the main entrance into Versailles. You will start by touring the vast gardens in a comfortable four-seat golf cart. Using a golf cart, allows you to fully appreciate all of the major garden attractions in a shorter time, giving you more time inside to admire the amazingly ornate rooms. Your guide will make sure you get to see all the highlights in the gardens, including Louis XIV’s private retreat “The Grand Trianon” and Marie Antoinette’s former home. If your timing is right, you might catch the seasonal water show at the garden’s central fountains.
Once you are finished exploring the gardens, your guide will lead you past the long lines and into the Palace. Hosting 2300 rooms in total, the most famous is said to be the 240 foot-long Galerie des Glaces, The Hall of Mirrors. Your guide will take you back in time as they describe what life was like in the 17th century when visitors saw themselves in a full-length mirror for the first time. Mirrors were expensive and rare, so to have one room filled with more than three hundred was a way for Louis VX to show his wealth and power. This hall has hosted many important moments in history, including the signing of the Treaty of Versailles after WWI.
Next it is on to see the 18th century Royal Chapel, one of five churches on the Versailles estate. An interesting mix of architectural influences, it is best known for its colorful ceiling paintings and its historic organ. From there you will leave the religious world behind and move on to the opulent State Apartment, or offices of the king, where royalty would meet with important members of society and politics on a daily basis.
You will get a chance to see the more private areas of the Palace including the private rooms of the kings and queens. Your guide will share with you the fascinating stories about the hundreds of servants who would scramble to attend the king and queen’s every need, including taking off their clothes and accompanying them to the toilet. You will gain a greater appreciation for Marie Antoinette’s profound influence on the evolution of French fashion when viewing the queen’s private chambers.
- Explore Versailles gardens by golf cart
- Priority entrance into Versailles palace
- The Hall of Mirrors
- The Royal Chapel
- Kings state apartment offices
- Private chambers of King and Queen
- Fully guided experience
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
"Super tour of the Versailles palace and gardens! You can see so much more of the gardens and surrounding areas when on a golf cart, as opposed to walking, and our guide was extremely good at navigating the inside of the palace and giving us lots of background information about who lived there. We took the train to Versailles but might have been more comfortable had we booked the addition of a private chauffeur. In any event, it was a great day and a memorable experience!"
John L. - USA