Private Family Experiences: Venice Tour for Kids of Doge’s & St Mark’s
LivTours’ Venice Tour for Kids is an exciting journey through the most important landmarks in Venice with a private, kid friendly guide and interactive treasure hunt! You and your family will see the highlights and learn the secrets of this city of islands. This tour includes visits to St Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace with LivTours priority access, you will not need to wait in lines – perfect when traveling with potentially impatient little ones!
On this Venice tour for kids, your private guide will fill you with entertaining stories, fun facts and centuries-old mysteries. This tour is perfect for adults and kids alike and focuses on learning while having fun! Every child will get an exclusive LivTours Treasure Hunt Kit with a treasure hunt map, colorful pens and riddles to solve, as well as a prize at the end of the tour. Listen carefully and keep your eyes open to find the clues and solve the riddles on this family-friendly tour!
- Enjoy an interactive treasure hunt that is fun for the whole family on a private tou
- See the two main highlights of Venice on a fun half day family friendly tour
- Make all the family happy with LivTours priority access to two highlights of Venice
- Admire the 85,000 square feet of golden mosaics inside of St Mark’s Basilica
- Visit the opulent Doge’s Palace - home to over 120 self-elected aristocratic rules
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Venice Tour for Kids starts next to St Mark’s Basilica in the heart of Venice where you will meet your private tour guide. Your guide will start by going over the plan for your tour and give each child their own Treasure Hunt Kit complete with treasure hunt map and colorful pens. Once you are acquainted, you will enter Saint Mark’s Basilica, known as the Golden Basilica for its golden mosaics which cover the ceilings, walls and floors! With skip-the-line access, you will not need to wait in line, but can jump right into your tour. Traveling with a Harry Potter fan? Then you will be pleased to know that the first clue is a Griffon.
As you continue your visit through the Basilica and afterwards in Saint Mark’s Square make sure you are listening carefully to your guide, as the answers to the riddles will be revealed in the vibrant descriptions and their animated storytelling. This is a fantastic way for everyone in the family to engage and learn about the history of Venice!
Next, it is on to the Doge’s Palace. The Doge was a type of duke or ruler that was elected by a committee of wealthy merchants and the Doge’s Palace is a reflection of the importance of the post and the wealth of Venice. Home to over 120 Doges, the Palace has a lot of history and stories to be shared, so stay alert for clues while the guide shares the family-friendly facts about the powerful Doges who used to live here. Visit the grand courtrooms with its massive thrones and learn how to recognize the Doge. The adventure continues past old-fashioned cannon balls and through the infamous interrogation rooms before we cross the notorious Bridge of Sighs, ending the tour and completing our treasure hunt.
Now it is time to check your answers! Every child gets a prize at the end of the tour.
- LivTour's exclusive Treasure Hunt Material & Gifts
- Skip-the-line access to Doge's Palace
- Skip-the-line access to St Mark's Basilica
- Major Halls and paintings of the Doge's Palace
- Armory of the Doge's Palace
- Prison of the Doge's Palace
- Bridge of Sighs
- Saint Mark's Basilica main floor
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English. Please note, the accompanying tour material is only available in English.
- This tour material is designed for children from ages 5 – 10 years old. If older children are also present, our guides are capable and ready to adapt material and the tour’s content.
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Mask Making workshop a real hit
"Our tour in Venice, was excellent. The mask making arrangements at the end were a real hit with the boys who loved their creations."
Awesome for everyone in the family!
"Everyone in our family really enjoyed this tour and my husband and I are convinced that our Venice experience wouldn't have been nearly as good (with 3 children in tow) had we not taken this tour! We had a super guide named Sara who was awesome with the kids. She had all sorts of projects to keep them engaged and interested throughout and had our undivided attention not just with her fantastic stories but with her comunication/storytelling style. Just any old tour wouldn't have been successful with the kids so if you are traveling with the whole family, consider this company's many family-oriented activities and experiences. It's REALLY worth it!"
Annie - Canada
Venice with the kids
"We did the Family tour in Venice with Monica. Monica did a great job keeping the kids (ages 8 and 10) and us completely entertained during the 2 hr tour. The kids were very interested and they loved the "I spy" games and playing (and winning) against their parents. All in all, we would recommend this tour for kids in the age group like ours."
Marcy and Bill - USA
By selecting Choose Dates Later / Buy as Gift at booking, any tour can be purchased without fixed dates. This is the perfect option if you want to purchase your tour as a gift for a loved one, or if you are in the pre-planning phase of your vacation. After booking, you will receive a Travel Voucher Code and full instructions on how to schedule your tours when ready. Once your travel plans are confirmed, you can easily use the Travel Voucher Code on the LivTours website to formally schedule your tours. You can find out more here.