Private Family Experiences: Venice Tour for Kids of Doge’s & St Mark’s
LivTours’ Venice Tour for Kids is an exciting journey through the most important landmarks in Venice with a private, kid friendly guide and interactive treasure hunt! You and your family will see the highlights and learn the secrets of this city of islands. This tour includes visits to St Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace with LivTours priority access, you will not need to wait in lines – perfect when traveling with potentially impatient little ones!
On this Venice tour for kids, your private guide will fill you with entertaining stories, fun facts and centuries-old mysteries. This tour is perfect for adults and kids alike and focuses on learning while having fun! Every child will get an exclusive LivTours Treasure Hunt Kit with a treasure hunt map, colorful pens and riddles to solve, as well as a prize at the end of the tour. Listen carefully and keep your eyes open to find the clues and solve the riddles on this family-friendly tour!
- Enjoy an interactive treasure hunt that is fun for the whole family on a private tou
- See the two main highlights of Venice on a fun half day family friendly tour
- Make all the family happy with LivTours priority access to two highlights of Venice
- Admire the 85,000 square feet of golden mosaics inside of St Mark’s Basilica
- Visit the opulent Doge’s Palace - home to over 120 self-elected aristocratic rules
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Venice Tour for Kids starts next to St Mark’s Basilica in the heart of Venice where you will meet your private tour guide. Your guide will start by going over the plan for your tour and give each child their own Treasure Hunt Kit complete with treasure hunt map and colorful pens. Once you are acquainted, you will enter Saint Mark’s Basilica, known as the Golden Basilica for its golden mosaics which cover the ceilings, walls and floors! With skip-the-line access, you will not need to wait in line, but can jump right into your tour. Traveling with a Harry Potter fan? Then you will be pleased to know that the first clue is a Griffon.
As you continue your visit through the Basilica and afterwards in Saint Mark’s Square make sure you are listening carefully to your guide, as the answers to the riddles will be revealed in the vibrant descriptions and their animated storytelling. This is a fantastic way for everyone in the family to engage and learn about the history of Venice!
Next, it is on to the Doge’s Palace. The Doge was a type of duke or ruler that was elected by a committee of wealthy merchants and the Doge’s Palace is a reflection of the importance of the post and the wealth of Venice. Home to over 120 Doges, the Palace has a lot of history and stories to be shared, so stay alert for clues while the guide shares the family-friendly facts about the powerful Doges who used to live here. Visit the grand courtrooms with its massive thrones and learn how to recognize the Doge. The adventure continues past old-fashioned cannon balls and through the infamous interrogation rooms before we cross the notorious Bridge of Sighs, ending the tour and completing our treasure hunt.
Now it is time to check your answers! Every child gets a prize at the end of the tour.
- LivTour's exclusive Treasure Hunt Material & Gifts
- Skip-the-line access to Doge's Palace
- Skip-the-line access to St Mark's Basilica
- Major Halls and paintings of the Doge's Palace
- Armory of the Doge's Palace
- Prison of the Doge's Palace
- Bridge of Sighs
- Saint Mark's Basilica main floor
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English. Please note, the accompanying tour material is only available in English.
- This tour material is designed for children from ages 5 – 10 years old. If older children are also present, our guides are capable and ready to adapt material and the tour’s content.
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
Venice with the kids
"We did the Family tour in Venice with Monica. Monica did a great job keeping the kids (ages 8 and 10) and us completely entertained during the 2 hr tour. The kids were very interested and they loved the "I spy" games and playing (and winning) against their parents. All in all, we would recommend this tour for kids in the age group like ours."
Marcy and Bill - USA
Amazing experience for all of us!
"Francesca from Livitaly took our three children (12,10,8) on a fantastic treasure hunt through the Basilica of San Marco and the Doges Palace. Francesca is the most qualified guide I've ever encountered. Apart from her classical education, she is up to speed with youth literature and was able to relate the books our children had read to the sights around them. Her stories were intriguing and gruesome so they kept our kids (and me) fully engaged. Highly recommended!"
Loretta - Canada
Venice with kids
"This afternoon we had the pleasure of the ‘St Mark’s and Doge’s Palace Family Tour’. Our guide Alvise was friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely. Our two boys (9 and 11) loved it and Alvise even made the queue for the basilica interesting. Would highly recommend to all families with young kids."
Katie F - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.