Private Venice in a Day Tour | City Highlights
LivTour’s Private Venice in a Day Tour is the perfect tour for those who wish to make the most of their time in the city of canals. Your private guide will entertain you with the myriad of stories associated with this centuries-old city. Starting in Saint Mark’s Square where you will get a perfect view of the breathtaking 9th century Saint Mark’s Basilica. Formerly the private chapel of the Doge (Duke) until the 19th century, there is a covered walkway that connects the Basilica to the Doge’s luxurious palace which you will get a chance to explore with exclusive VIP entrance and your knowledgeable private guide.
With a solid introduction and insight into the history of Venice, your day continues in the open air, as you guide accompanies you on a journey back in time-sharing with you highlights such as the Rialto Bridge, Marco Polo’s house and Campo Santa Maria Formosa as you wind your way through the narrow streets and hidden bridges that make Venice the most romantic city in the world.
A day in Venice would not be completed without a gondola ride! Your LivTours guide will make sure you are comfortable in your own private gondola before waving you off to enjoy a 30-minute ride, gliding through narrow and peaceful canals.
Come spend the day with us and make your trip to Venice as memorable as possible!
- Take advantage of your time in Venice by seeing the major highlights in one day!
- Gain an understanding of the pivotal history with your own private local guide
- Enjoy LivTour’s exclusive entry into St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace
- Explore the city on foot and on water with a private gondola ride on narrow canals
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTour’s Private Venice in a Day Tour starts in St. Mark’s Square with amazing views of the 9th century St. Mark’s Basilica. In the company of your private LivTour guide, you will enjoy privileged access as you bypass the often long line of visitors waiting to gain access. This grand Basilica is covered in golden mosaics giving it the apt nickname of “Basilica d’Oro”, Basilica of Gold! This intriguing basilica dates back to the 9th century and has been playing a key role in the history of Venice since then. Venetians love to say: ‘When you’ve heard the stories about the Basilica, you know the story behind the city.’ Your LivTours private guide will make sure you have time to explore its numerous treasures.
Next, it is on the see the Doge’s Palace, the political center of Venice. Conveniently connected to St Mark’s Basilica by a covered walkway, you will get privileged access here by skipping another potentially long line with your LivTours private guide. For seven centuries, this powerful palace has housed the Doge, the Duke. Not only has this been the luxurious home of the Doge, but also the government offices before Italy’s unification, as well as the prisons and courts. Your private guide will share with you the secret stories and the history of the Doge’s private, luxurious apartments, and the impressive halls such as the Hall of the Great Council. Your private tour continues, with the exploration of the spooky prison, the extensive private weapon collection, and a stop at the notorious Bridge of Sighs.
Upon leaving the Bridge of Sighs, the rest of your day will take place outdoors, but first, it is time to refuel by treating yourself to some Venetian delights. Your private guide will get you set up with some excellent suggestions for a quick, but authentic, lunch before continuing your tour.
Setting off on foot, your guide will lead you through windy, narrow streets, into unexpected squares and over bridges all the while sharing with you the history and anecdotes of this romantic city. You will see Marco Polo’s house, hear about his discoveries and the inside scoop on what Venetian thought of him, the picturesque Rialto Bridge, and your guide will say goodbye to you in Campo Santa Maria Formosa, but first they will make sure you are comfortable on your own private gondola. Your half-hour ride takes you through the narrow, picturesque canals in the style of the aristocratic of days gone by and no trip to Venice is complete without a gondola ride!
- St Marks Square
- VIP entrance into Doges Palace
- Hall of the Great Council
- Doges Prison
- Bridge of Sighs
- Skip the line entrance into St Marks Basilica
- Rialto bridge
- Marco Polo’s house
- Campo Santa Maria Formosa
- 30 minute private gondola ride
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- During the low season (November 3 – March 30) it is not possible to reserve tickets to Saint Mark’s Basilica and we cannot skip the line, however, due to the low number of visitors there are normally no lines during this period.
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- There is no photography allowed in St Marks basilica.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
Venice is indeed fascinating
"We wanted to make the most of our one day in Venice so booked the full-day walking (and gondola) tour with Livitaly. It was the best thing we could have done! We saw the highlights of the city, were guided around not only the main city center but also into the small alleyways and enchanting bridges over the many canals. Our guide Sara was superb and at the end of the day, we felt we had gotten a comprehensive and entertaining tour of the city. Our respect and appreciation for its beauty were definitely confirmed!!"
Patrick - UK
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.