Private Tour of Rome in a Day
LivTours Private Tour of Rome in a Day is designed for travelers who want to maximize their time in the Eternal City. You will be accompanied by your own guide and driver as you take in the must-see stops like the Colosseum, Sistine Chapel, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and much more. Your expert guide and chauffeur will make sure your day runs smoothly, taking the stress out of your day, allowing you to relax into the moment. LivTours years of experience to make sure your entrance tickets are optimally timed to avoid the most crowded parts of the day.
You will enjoy priority access to the Colosseum, the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel, each stunning monuments, but represent two very different historical times. Your private guide will place those monuments, as well as the others you will be seeing, in a historical timeline, allowing you to gain a greater understanding of these renown buildings and monuments. For those with limited time in Rome, this LivTours’ Private Tour of Rome makes the best use of your time!
- See all the Roman highlights on a private full day tour with a chauffeured Mercedes
- Enjoy LivTours exclusive priority access into sites with your private expert guide
- Skip the line access to the Roman Colosseum and ancient city ruins
- Admire Rome's most iconic spots: the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps & Pantheon
- Visit one of the most amazing art collections in the world - Vatican Museums
- Admire Michelangelos stunning frescos on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel
- Get a personalized tour with an expert 5-star guide to navigate you around Rome
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Private Tour of Rome in a Day begins in front one the iconic landmark, the Colosseum. Your private guide will ensure that you have priority access into the Colosseum, whisk you through a quick security check, and then dive into the ancient Roman world. Your guide will regale you with stories of gladiator and animal fights, theater performance that took place right where you are standing. Get a dynamic description of the wondrous engineering feat visible in the construction of this famous Amphitheater. Walk up to higher levels and experience the amazing views the noble Romans would have enjoyed while you look at your next stops – the Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum.
Known as ancient Rome’s most exclusive neighborhood, The Palatine Hill is still covered by the ruins of Emperor Domitian’s palace. You will discover the wonders of the Form, including the Temple of Julius Caesar, in the company of your expert private guide. For literary fans, the Temple is the site Shakespeare chose for Marc Antony’s famous speech!
Hop in your waiting chauffeured Mercedes that will take you through the cobblestone-lined heart of Rome allowing you to admire the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon and experience the hustle and bustle of daily life.
The Spanish Steps offers you one of the most breath-taking views in the city before being whisked to Palazzo Poli which offers many surprises with its flamboyant ensemble of wild horses and mythical beasts known at the Trevi Fountain and the grandeur of the awe-inspiring Pantheon will be site your expert guide will share with you on this full-day tour of Rome.
Your chauffeur will take you to your next stop, The Vatican. But before entering it is time to take a quick stop for free time, lunch and recharge. After lunch, your day continues by visiting the Vatican with skip the line tickets. Please note that lunch is not included in the price of your tour.
Once inside the Vatican, your guide will accompany you on an exploration of the vast collection of one of the world’s best museums, sharing with you the works that most peak your interest. After you’ve seen the Gallery of Maps, Gallery of Tapestries, the Raphael Rooms, and plenty more, your guide will take you to see Michelangelo’s masterpiece – the Sistine Chapel.
Your tour will end in the magnificent St. Peter’s Basilica which will leave you feeling confident that you have seen the best of Rome from start to finish.
- Colosseum skip the line tickets
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
- Skip the line Vatican tickets
- Sistine Chapel
- St Peters Basilica
- St Peters square
- Spanish Steps
- Trevi Fountain
- Piazza Navona
- Chauffeur between sites
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- There is no photography allowed inside the Sistine Chappel.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is an active church and can be closed unexpectedly for liturgical ceremonies. If closed, the time inside the Vatican Museums will be extended.
- Please be aware that the Sistine Chapel is a Holy Place and talking during your visit inside is strictly forbidden, therefore your guide will give you an explanation of the Sistine Chapel beforehand during your tour, in order to give you a comprehensive explanation before entering the chapel.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the museum.
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
Private tour of Rome
"My husband and I booked a personal tour with LivItaly online before our vacation to Rome... Very easy to book,.. We were given detailed instructions on when and where to meet, and Patricia was already there to personally greet us... Patricia is a local and very knowledgeable of Rome... Her background in history/archeology gave us the extra education we were excited to learn about... Thank You LivItaly!"
Leslie - UK
"We highly recommend this tour. My husband and I learned so much from our guide Dario. He was able to customize our two tours to compensate for my husband's mobility issues. We had never been to Rome and in between the Vatican and Colosseum we got a City Tour, visit to the Pantheon and a chance to look through a special key hole. We will never forget this experience and this city."
Dotty - USA
Couldn't have been better
"Our tour was so great. Loved Roma so much. Cannot wait to come back. What a beautiful city. Wish we had had more time. We'll be sure to be back and will definitely book our activities through LivItaly"
Romlyn M. - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.