Private Rome Food Tour
LivTours Private Rome Food Tour explores Italy through its food that has been an integral part of its culture. This tour is the perfect way to get to know the culture of Rome through its food, wine and history.
The unique aspect of Italy is that every region has its own cuisine, and each is as delicious and varied as the next.
Your expert private guide will give you a comprehensive idea of how Italian cuisine has developed over time and how it has made its way onto international tables. By the end of the tour, you understand why each dish is different from region to region throughout Italy. But it is not all talk on this food tour – you will get a chance to try the important staples of Italian food. And of course, what is food without delicious wine!
- Enjoy the company of a gourmet tour guide on your private culinary experience
- Explore the Jewish Quarter and enjoy some of the greatest Jewish-Roman delicacies
- Hungry is the best way to start this tour that offers a full meal, tastings and wine
- Learn about Roman history from your expert guide as you walk between venues
- Finish off your meal the right way with trying gelato from the best place in Rome
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Private Rome Food Tour starts in the Jewish Quarter where Rome’s food has many of its origins. This is a hidden neighborhood, but the beautiful area right in the city center. Before sitting down, your expert private guide will take you on a short walking tour of this area. With an understanding of the basis of Rome traditions, you will sample some of the traditional dishes like fiori di zucca (fried tender zucchini flowers), fried artichokes, and fried baccalà (fried cod) with a glass of Prosecco in hand. Afterward, you will move onto your next stop. We will try what most Italians refer to as street food – pizza!
Enjoy a walk around the historic center of Rome, as you stop at various eateries, most of which are three-generational, to feast on authentic dishes the city and its locals love to eat!
Just steps away from the amazing Pantheon is a restaurant that has been operating since 1934. This is where you will try a typical Roman pasta dish called “alla Romana” – literally meaning the Roman style. Learn the rustic origins of these tasty pasta dishes. Allow your culinary guide to persuade you to try some of the more adventurous pasta as well! We promise you will not be disappointed.
The last stop on this foodie tour is for a gelato. You will learn how to decide which gelato makers are top-notch as your private guide explains the makings of a perfect gelato! Your next and last stop will be at a gelateria that is famous for using organic ingredients. This way you can see for yourselves what gelato with no additives tastes like!
This foodie dining experience is sure to leave you full and with the new knowledge on how to choose the best restaurants, gelaterias, and wines in the Eternal City and the rest of Italy!
- Walking Tour of Historical Centre
- Antipasti & Wine
- Traditional Jewish cuisine
- Pizza by the slice & beer
- Pasta & Wine
- Fully guided experience
- We can accommodate dietary restrictions such as vegetarian or gluten-free. Please specify your food needs under “Additional Notes” after booking.
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Super fun food tour
"We had a fantastic time eating our way around the Rome with our tour guide AJ. She was fantastic and very knowledgeable and we all really enjoyed our time with her. She even was able to highlight special things to look out for on the fountains after discovering my husband appreciated these details. My family raved about how this was a highlight of the trip to Italy for them! Thanks Livitaly and AJ for a memorable and enjoyable experience for us!"
Mary - USA
learning Italian culture through its food
"Jill was so fun and informative! We learned a lot about different regions in Italy and their food. Definitely worth 5 stars, if not more! "
Marilyn Gates - USA
Use LivItaly to really experience Rome!
"We spent a week in Rome and took a number of tours through LivItaly. Each tour was just for our group of six, which was very nice. All the tour guides were extremely informative and immediately made us comfortable. It is amazing how much we learned about Rome. LivItaly also worked hard to help us out when another tour company let us down. They were flexible and moved things around for us due to an unexpected wrinkle. Our favorite day in Rome was our last day when we did a tour of the Vatican in the morning and then a Food Tour in the evening. Really fun!!"
Alana Litch - USA
By selecting Choose Dates Later / Buy as Gift at booking, any tour can be purchased without fixed dates. This is the perfect option if you want to purchase your tour as a gift for a loved one, or if you are in the pre-planning phase of your vacation. After booking, you will receive a Travel Voucher Code and full instructions on how to schedule your tours when ready. Once your travel plans are confirmed, you can easily use the Travel Voucher Code on the LivTours website to formally schedule your tours. You can find out more here.