Private Montserrat Tour & Penedès Wine Tasting
LivTours Private Montserrat Tour & Penedès Wine Tasting offers you the best the Catalan countryside has to offer with an early morning visit to the mountaintop monastery of Montserrat where you will experience breathtaking views and an afternoon of wine tasting in the internationally renowned Penedès vineyards all in the company of your knowledgeable private guide.
You will have a chance to experience the unique mountain range of Montserrat firsthand; not only are these stunning mountains a natural reserve, but they are also home to a monastery for Benedictine monks, Europe’s oldest boys choir, and the black madonna, Our Lady of Montserrat. In the afternoon, you will visit one of 69 official wine regions in Spain, the Penedes. nown for its organic wineries, but also internationally recognized for its sparkling white wine – cava – production. Tour a family-owned and run winery after enjoying a lunch of local delicacies in the Catalan countryside. This one of a kind tour covers it all – and in just one day!
- Enjoy the comfort of a luxury hotel pick up and drop off in a chauffeured driven van
- Explore the elegant and mystical Montserrat Monastery before the crowds arrive
- Admire the amazing panoramic views from the mountains at a height of 1000 meters
- Feast on a private lunch of local tapas and local wines in the Catalan countryside
- Visit a local Penedes winery, walk through their vineyards and sit for a wine tasting
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Private Montserrat Tour & Penedès Wine Tasting begins with an early morning private chauffeur hotel pickup allowing you to beat the crowds and enjoy the solitude of the Montserrat Monastery. You will drive to the closest entry point and make your way over to the historic monastery, which attracts visitors from all over the world, in the company of your private expert guide.
From there your expert local guide will lead you on a tour through the Basilica, stopping along the way to admire different facets that comprise its fascinating history. This pilgrimage site is known for its mystic qualities both by locals and travelers alike. You will be privy to direct access so you can admire the monastery in all its morning glory, before the influx of heavy crowds. One of the highlights of the tour includes the Virgin of Montserrat, also known as “La Moreneta” (the Black Madonna), who is known to perform miracles for believers who touch her hand and express a desire. Verify for yourself if the legend of her divine powers is more than just a legend.
As you stroll through the complex, learn about the different architectural styles of the monastery which has grown in size over the last 1,000 years. Be sure to take your camera with you because the views from this height are absolutely spectacular and known as some of the best views in the surrounding areas of Barcelona. Just imagine, that this is the view that close to 70 monks get to call home.
PENEDES WINE TASTING
After your tour, your guide will leave you a bit of free time to explore, take photos, venture to higher ground by taking a funicular or you are welcome to visit the onsite museum (entry not included) for a quick look around. You will meet your LivTour guide to starting your drive through the cava wine hills, known as the Penedes region.
Your guide will take you to a family-run vineyard where you will enjoy a tour of this local winery before tasting three fantastic examples of Catalan wine. You will get a glimpse of local wine-making and learn the techniques behind the wine you are about to taste. You will get to try a Cava, which is known as “Spanish champagne” as well as a local red and local white wine so you get the full gamut of tasting.
Once you are done with your tour, you will be driven through this gorgeous wine country for a fantastic lunch offering yet another amazing view. Enjoy a typical tapas lunch with some more local wines. After a delicious meal, you will hop in your private chauffeured car and be back in Barcelona city center by late afternoon.
- Chauffeur hotel pickup
- Montserrat Monastery
- Guided tour through Monserat
- Free time in Montserat
- Penedes wine tasting
- Local tapas lunch
- Free time to walk through the vineyards
- Chauffeur hotel drop-off
- Bring or wear layers as Montserrat tends to be a full 10 degrees cooler than Barcelona.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.