Private Florence and Pisa in One Day from Rome
LivTours Florence and Pisa in One Day from Rome is the perfect day trip from Rome, allowing you to visit two of the art and cultural capitals of Italy. We have designed a seamless experience to give you the opportunity to enjoy both Florence and Pisa in one day.
This complete tour has been specially designed to show you the highlights allowing you to make the most of your time in Florence. You will discover the real Florence as you walk through the cobblestone streets as your local guide shares with you the captivating history and anecdotes of this stunning city, including the Ponte Vecchio Bridge and the jaw-dropping Duomo with Filippo Brunelleschi’s dome. No visit to Florence is complete without admiring Michelangelo’s 17-foot David in person and LivTours makes it easy for you with exclusive access to the Academia.
Pisa, another gem in the crown of Tuscany, is best known for its leaning tower. Known as the Tower of Pisa, by Italians, it is actually the bell tower to the Cathedral next door. Construction of the Tower started in the 1100s and soon after the tower started leaning Because of the soft soil. Due to numerous reconstruction projects, the tower is now stabilized! The Cathedral is a stunning example of Romanesque architecture at its best. When you have finished exploring Pisa, your driver will be waiting for you to whisk you back to Rome!
- Enjoy private chauffeured climate controlled transportation with hotel pick up
- Visit the highlights of the Renaissance capital, Florence, with a private guide
- See the major sites of Pisa - the Baptistery, Cathedral & Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Get up close to one of Michelangelo's most important works - the David
- Stroll across the infamous Ponte Vecchio bridge and explore the cobblestone streets
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Florence and Pisa in One Day from Rome tour starts at your hotel in Rome where you will be met by a chauffeur who will accompany you the entire day. This tour permits you to experience two gems of Tuscany in one day. This authentic experience allows you to see Pisa, famous for its gravity-defying bell tower, birthplace of Galileo Galilei, and its beautiful Baptistery and Cathedral.
The Leaning Tower of Pisa, known by Italians as the Tower of Pisa, was constructed in the 1100s and has always been leaning! Standing at 183.27 feet on one side and 185.93 feet on the other, this UNESCO World Heritage Site underwent construction to stop it from leaning any further, after an international group of engineers, mathematicians, and historians met in 2001, construction was carried out to stabilize the tower, allowing it to be opened once again to the public. Why not take the 294 steps up to the top of this world-famous tower!
Next, spoil yourself by visiting with the capital of Tuscany and birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence. meeting your guide in the Piazza della Signoria, the very heart of the city. This square is surrounded by some of the most important buildings of Florence and you will have a chance to admire the centuries of architecture as your expert local guide shares with you the history behind the facades. This small square is home to the Palazzo Vecchio, Town Hall, the Uffizi Gallery and Palazzo Uguccioni, hosting a facade designed by the great Raphael.
Your guide will share with you the stories of Florence as you admire the melting pot of architecture from Gothic, Romanesque and Renaissance. Take time to admire the Ponte Vecchio Bridge, the oldest bridge in Florence, Which hosts a secret centuries-old corridor which you will surely learn about. Continuing your walk, you will come face to face with the largest Italian Cathedral, the Duomo with its unique facade and a dome designed by Brunelleschi. listen to the engaging anecdotes about its construction. Marvel at the dome that makes the perfect backdrop to Florence. Your guide will show you the stunningly detailed Baptistery bronze doors.
The last stop on your private tour is the Galleria dell’Accademia which houses the Stunning 17-foot marble sculpture of David by Michelangelo. One of the world’s most revered pieces of art made from one piece of leftover marble. Talk about recycling!
Enjoy a personalized private tour with a chauffeur and comfortable climate-controlled vehicle on this full-day tour that takes you to see two shining gems in the crown of Tuscany. LivTours Florence and Pisa in One Day from Rome private experience is sure to exceed even your most luxurious expectations!
- Private Full Day Chauffuer
- Skip-the-line access to all sites
- Piazza della Signoria
- Piazza della Repubblica
- Ponte Vecchio
- Duomo (from outside)
- Michelangelo's David
- Free time for lunch & shopping
- Bapistry, Church and Tower Views
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- There is no photography allowed in some or all areas of this tour.
- *Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Florence and Pisa in a day
"We really enjoyed our day in Pisa and Florence! My daughter and I could not have asked for a better tour guide! Barbara was not only extremely informative and knowledgeable, she was a nice individual and very professional. Because of Barbara's passion she was very engaging and made the tour even more fun, interesting and certainly memorable! Thank you Barbara and thank you Livitaly!"
Ruth F. - USA
By selecting Choose Dates Later / Buy as Gift at booking, any tour can be purchased without fixed dates. This is the perfect option if you want to purchase your tour as a gift for a loved one, or if you are in the pre-planning phase of your vacation. After booking, you will receive a Travel Voucher Code and full instructions on how to schedule your tours when ready. Once your travel plans are confirmed, you can easily use the Travel Voucher Code on the LivTours website to formally schedule your tours. You can find out more here.