Private Cinque Terre Tour from La Spezia | Hike, Boat, Train & Sightsee
LivTours’ Cinque Terre Tour is a unique way to explore this charming stretch of the Italian coastline from top to bottom. Composed of five towns or ‘lands’ was the origin of the name Cinque Terre – five lands. You will visit each of these colorful seaside towns on this comprehensive full day tour in the best way possible, by train, by boat and on foot with your LivTours expert guide by your side, you can focus on simply enjoying yourself without having to think about the logistics.
Riomaggiore is perhaps one of the most photographed with its pastel houses beautifully nestled in the townscape as though they had been carved out of the cliff-side. Marvel at Manarola’s picturesque swimming harbor and enjoy a short hike up to Corniglia, which is surrounded by vineyards and panoramic views. Visit Vernazza, with its church on the water and finally marvel at the town of Monterosso, where you will enjoy some free time and light lunch, soaking in all the beauty and charm you have seen. Experiencing all the best of Cinque Terre, you’ll quickly understand why this part of the world was made a UNESCO World Heritage site!
Your LivTours guide knows how to explore Cinque Terre just as it should be, like a local. Come on a journey to experience the cliffside pastel hues of the towns dotting the coastline as their reflection dances on the Mediterranean!
- Explore the beautiful Italian Riviera by visiting all five Cinque Terre seaside towns
- Boat, train and hike on this unique private tour to a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Savor a light lunch and enjoy some free time along your journey between towns
- Soak up the scenery as your private guide tells you about past & present on the coast
- Visit all five towns Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, & Monterosso al Mare
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Cinque Terre Tour starts at La Spezia Train Station where you will meet your expert guide. The area’s natural beauty will make you quickly realize you are on a vacation of a lifetime, so get your camera ready, this will surely be a day to remember. Each of the five seaside towns of Cinque Terre each has their own special charm and your LivTours expert guide will seamlessly take you from one to another. Depending on the terrain and distance, you move from town to town by the best possible method – boat, train, or hiking. What you will immediately notice about these Italian Riviera towns is their incredible and diverse landscapes with mountainsides cleverly terraced, like big steps cut into the side of the mountain face. Without space to spare, you will see terraces with small olive groves and vineyards, as well as the pretty pastel towns perched up high or hidden in ravines along steep cliffs.
The seaside towns are small but full of details and worth a stroll as your LivTours guide points out the highlights. First up on the list is Riomaggiore which boasts a vibrant main street, a romantic street called Via dell’amore (Love Street), as well as, a 13th-century castle. Next up is the equally charming Manarola which is a picturesque town with a charming swimming harbor and a culture for wine drinking by the sea and they have more grapevines than any other village in Cinque Terre to prove it. The town of Corniglia is especially known for its breathtaking views of the coastline due to its high elevation. The only town not located directly on the beach, the only way to get there is by walking down the Scalinata Lardarina, a long winding staircase that takes you down (and up) to the sea. Vernazza, one of the more historic fishing villages in the area, is home to Cinque Terre’s only proper harbor. The workout is worth seeing this colorful bell-tower town. Lastly is Monterosso al Mare the only town in Cinque Terre that allows cars, but there is also plenty of nature and a beautiful path.
Come enjoy a day of town-hopping as you experience the towns in all their glory with an expert by your side!
- Private tour guide at your complete disposal
- All tickets & fees to attractions & transportation
- Private Chauffuer Ride
- Train Tickets
- Private boat ride
- Free time to shop and eat
- We recommend you wear comfortable clothing.Except on the hottest days of the year, it is wise to bring a light jacket or sweater if you are cold natured. Sunglasses, sunscreen and water are also advisable for a comfortable tour
- Once train tickets are purchased, they are non-refundable and do not fall within the refund criteria of our cancellation policy. We cannot guarantee that all travelers will sit together, especially for last minute bookings.
- Tours run rain or shine. We recommend coming prepared if rainy weather is expected.
- The itinerary may change order depending on weather conditions such as rain and extreme heat.
- The itinerary described above is a suggested order of the various experiences. These may vary according to your personal requests or preferred starting time.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.