Private Chianti Wine Tour from Florence | Tuscany Half Day Experience
LivTours’ Chianti Wine Tour offers visitors the opportunity to tour Wine Country in the best way possible, by private car with a personal chauffeur! Being the birthplace of Chianti wine, Tuscany is a great destination for wine aficionados. This LivTour experience whisks you away from the lively city and into the gorgeous, rolling Tuscan hills. Experience firsthand the bucolic scenery that is so important to Italian culture and history. Your private driver will take you to two very different wineries where you will be able to taste and learn about the incredible diversity in this historic wine region.
Your first stop will be to visit and walk the grounds of one of the oldest Chianti producers in the region. Here you’ll taste some of the best Chianti wine in the whole region. Afterwards you will visit another small, traditional family-owned winery: explore the vineyard and learn about its history, their incredible wines and get to know the family’s history. Enjoy a light lunch with traditional Tuscan foods paired with wines made right there at their estate with breathtaking views of the Tuscan hills and the ancient city of San Gimignano in the background.
After exploring the gorgeous Tuscan scenery and tasting their renowned wine and food, your private chauffeur will take you back to Florence in time for enjoying the evening. This is an unforgettable experience through the heart of Italian wine and culture!
- Taste your way through one of the world’s most famous wine regions, the Chianti Zone!
- Enjoy a 1/2 day tour with a bilingual chauffeur and in the comfort of a private car.
- Visit an Etruscan castle and taste their classic Chianti wines on this private tour.
- Eat typical Tuscan cuisine with a view of the ancient town of San Gimignano.
- Take a break from the city and immerse yourself in the beautiful Tuscan countryside.
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours’ Chianti Wine Tour begins with pickup at your residence where your bilingual chauffeur will meet you. From there you’ll set off to spend a half-day touring the beautiful Tuscan hills in the comfort of your private air-conditioned car! The Chianti region is famous for its wines which they have made for centuries. You’ll have the opportunity during your tour to taste some of the best examples of these historic wines!
Your first stop is at Castello di Verrazzano, a prestigious vineyard named for the ancient Etruscan and Roman castle that has stood on this winemaking territory for 1,000 years! In the heart of the Chianti Classico area, this 52 hectare estate makes some of the best examples of this famous red wine. You’ll spend 1.5 hours touring the castle gardens, ancient wine cellars, and tasting their finest Chianti Classico DOCG wines, olive oil and balsamic vinegars as well.
After your visit to Castello di Verrazzano, your chauffeur will drive you through the Chianti’s small roads and lovely hills to your next stop, a charming agriturismo. Situated in an old convent, this classic farm-stay makes wine, olive oil, and other typical Tuscan foods. Here you’ll have the chance to eat lunch outside with fresh foods they produce themselves served of course with their own Chianti wines! Besides the stunning countryside views you’ll also be able to see the ancient towered skyline of nearby San Gimignano, a unique Italian town worth arranging to explore after lunch whether with your driver or on your own.
Your Chianti Wine Tour concludes with your private driver taking you back to your accommodations in Florence or the Chianti area. This half-day tour is an ideal escape into the cypress-lined hills of this beautiful wine region. It’s also easily customizable for travelers wanting to spend more time exploring or bring along a passionate bilingual guide to help navigate the immense history of this magical place.
- Private English speaking Chauffuer
- All wine tastings
- Tours of the vineyards and estate grounds
- Light lunch
- Tour includes lunch, tasting, touring, and private driver but does not include gratuity.
- A visit to San Gimignano is available as an add-on to this itinerary.
- Your private chauffeur is English-speaking and informative but we recommend upgrading and adding a professional guide to explore the landmarks and towns more in depth.
- This tour is designed for travelers staying in Florence or within the Chianti area.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, you are required to wear a mask for the entire duration of the tour. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
Tuscan wine tour
"I booked this tour as a surprise birthday present for my husband, an avid wine lover but, frankly, who wouldn't enjoy a tour centered around tasting and learning about some of the most famous wines in the world? The countryside is beautiful, the guide absolutely brilliant and the wines...well, there's just no one-word adjective that adequately describs our experience. A really wonderful tour!!"
Theresa - UK
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.