Pompeii Day Trip from Rome | Semi-Private Experience
LivTours’ Pompeii Day Trip from Rome Tour is the perfect semi-private tour for travelers who are visiting Rome and want to experience a bit of southern Italy. Touring Pompeii allows you to dive into the past, immersing yourself in the expansive and unique archaeological ruins which have attracted travelers for centuries. With your expert guide and group of no more than six travelers will explore the archaeological excavations of Pompeii, buried under a blanket of ash during the eruption of Mt Vesuvius in 79 AD where they remained until 1500 years later when excavations started.
Your Pompeii Day Trip from Rome is a semi-private tour which means you will be touring this archaeological site with a maximum of six people in your group. This makes your tour more personalized with an emphasis on quality over quantity. Optimize your time as best as possible while on vacation and stick with smaller groups, so that no time is wasted and you have direct contact with our guide. A semi-private tour is a great way to meet like-minded people and enjoy your tour to its fullest!
- Sit, relax and enjoy the comfort of our luxury vans
- Get privileged access into Pompeii
- Be amazed by one of our archeologists in this still active site
- Take our recommendation for one of the best pizza places in Naples
- Enjoy the views, the atmosphere and the vibrancy of the city in complete safety
- Admire Italy's countryside from your car
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
LivTours’ Pompeii Day Trip from Rome starts by meeting your expert chauffeur in central Rome. Knowing you are in excellent hands, now is your time to sit back and enjoy the panoramic views as you are comfortably transported to Naples. Once you are in Naples, your driver will take you to see one of the most vibrant parts of the city!
This is the Italy you have seen on TV and in movies, so get your cameras ready to capture this bustling city center, as well as the magnificent Gulf of Naples. This picture is a perfect city with clothes drying on lines that cross the streets, typical windowsill scenes and the carefree (sometimes hair-raising) attitude of scooter drivers. All these factors add up to making Naples the vibrant urban city of the south!
No trip to Naples is complete without tasting its food. Ask most Italians and they will admit that anything from Naples is somehow tastier! That is why LivTours offers you a light lunch of typical pizza and a drink in Naples to get you ready for the second part of the day. Come see for yourself if what they say about Neapolitan food is true. Buon appetit!
THE STUNNING RUINS OF POMPEII
After you have finished lunch, your driver will take you directly to Pompeii where you will be met by your professional archeologist guide who will immerse you in this well-preserved archaeological site,on a 2.5 hour journey into the past. You will enjoy privileged access to Pompeii, so you will not waste a minute of your tour! You will see for yourself how the ancient Romans designed this thriving ancient port, and trading town as you piece together its history with the help of your expert Pompeii guide.
One of the beauties of a semi-private tour is that you can ask as many questions as you like and satisfy your curiosity for history. Your Pompeii tour will take you to explore the archaeological site in depth learn about the forum of Pompeii, the homes of its residents, the public baths, the temple of Isis, the house of the gladiators and of course all about that fateful day 2000 years ago, when the residents of Pompeii were buried alive.
Once you have finished your tour of this active excavation site, taken in the beautiful views and learned about its history, your driver will take you back to Rome in comfort, allowing you to enjoy the rest of your evening in Italy’s capital.
- Full day Chauffuer
- Skip-the-line tickets to Pompeii
- 2,5 hrs tour of Pompeii
- Pizza Lunch on the Gulf of Naples
- Drive tour through Naples
- Pompeii is an active excavation site and the suggested itinerary might need to be altered to depending on the archaeologists’ daily duties.
- We can accommodate dietary restrictions such as vegetarian or gluten-free. Please specify your food needs under “Additional Notes” after booking.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
Multiple tours with LivItaly
"Our family (2 adults, 2 children ages 14 and 10) did three tours with LivItaly during our recent trip to Rome (Colosseum with Underground/Roman Forum/Pallatine Hill, Early Entrance Vatican Museum with Sistene Chapel/St. Peter’s Basilica, and Pompeii Day Trip with Amalfi Coast. All guides were fantastic and very knowledgeable. We loved the small group size. Would highly recommend."
Kennedy family - Canada