Private Pompeii and Naples Tour from Rome by Train
LivTours’ Pompeii and Naples Tour from Rome is an excellent day trip from Rome. Your LivTours’ greeter will meet you at the central Rome Termini Train Station with your tickets and guidance on what to expect upon arrival.
Once onboard, sit back and relax in Premium Class, enjoying a high-speed ride to Naples, arriving in just over an hour, you will meet your private guide who will accompany you the rest of the day. You will hop on a local train that travels past Mount Vesuvius to the Pompeii ruins. Pompeii is a journey into the past to 79 AD and your private guide will be happy to tailor the visit to your interests. Traveling back to Naples you will have time to explore some of the city on foot and admire sites like The Royal Palace along the way. Enjoy an authentic Neapolitan pizza, and then enjoy a coastal stroll with wonderful views as the perfect end to your time in Naples. Take the high-speed train back, arriving in Rome in the early evening. A special day out down South, with a private guide with you this is a stress-free for you to enjoy!
- Travel in premium class in a high speed train on this private full day tour
- Explore ancient Roman ruins of Pompeii and discover the vibrant city of Naples
- Learn what daily life was like in Pompeii until Mt Vesuvius erupted in 79AD
- Stop for an authentic Neapolitan Pizza in the place where pizza was invented
- Stroll along the promenade of the spectacular Gulf of Naples and admire Mt Vesuvius
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Pompeii and Naples Tour from Rome is a private day trip via high speed train starting in Rome’s Termini Train Station where you will meet a LivTours greeter who will have your train tickets and prepare you for your day.
Your Premium Class seating allows you to enjoy snacks and wi-fi during your one hour journey to Naples. You will be traveling at a maximum speed of 185 miles/hr, so you will be arriving in Naples Central Station in just over an hour!
Your LivTours local guide will meet you upon your arrival to Naples and will accompany you on a local train on the Circumvesuviana to the famous Pompeii ruins, with Mount Vesuvius getting closer. Arriving in Pompeii, you will head right to the ruins where you will enjoy exclusive access, avoiding the often long line. Your guide will take you on a journey through this incredible ancient city, weaving through its ruins, visiting different parts of the city like the Pompeii Forum, Houses and Baths. Discover the many still-standing structures, mosaics and frescoes, remaining here even after it was buried in 4-6 meters of ash and rock after the eruption.
Once you have finished investigating Pompeii, you will travel back by train to Naples where you will have a chance to admire the juxtaposition of beauty of this spirited city, strolling old narrow streets with graffiti ridden walls, washing lines and locals going about their business and then suddenly find yourself surrounded by elegant architecture and impressive buildings like The Royal Palace. This is of course the birthplace of pizza, and so, your next stop will be for a delicious Neapolitan pizza at a local spot. Savor every last bite, before making your way to the promenade for a walk along the seafront with magnificancent views!
Naples enjoys about 1.5 miles of pedestrianized seafront that runs along the coast. You will enjoy wonderful views of the bay of Naples, the Island of Capri and Mount Vesuvius in the near distance. Along the path are also two lovely waterfront castles, parks, villas, restaurants and bars. The gorgeous sunset lighting makes this path particularly pleasant at dusk and you will find many locals here at the end of the workday.
Your guide will accompany you back to the train station after your seaside stroll to catch your high-speed train back to Rome. You will arrive back by early evening.
Want even more time in this vibrant city? No problem. First Class guests on Italo Railway are also given the option of changing their train ticket time, so if you would like to leave a bit later (or even earlier), you can take advantage of this flexibility to best optimize your tour day. Please be aware that you will have to change your ticket at the Italo desk at the train station before your original departure time, and change is dependent on the availability of seats. We strongly advise you to request your change as early in the day as possible.
- Round-trip Fast Train Business Class tickets
- Meet & Greet service in Rome
- Full day Chaperon from Naples train station
- 2 hrs Private Tour guide of Pompeii
- Pizza lunch by the sea in Naples
- All taxi and local train fees
- Once train tickets are purchased, they are non-refundable and do not fall within the refund criteria of our cancellation policy.
- We cannot guarantee that all travelers will sit together, especially for last-minute bookings.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, you are required to wear a mask for the entire duration of the tour. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
Best experience of Naples and Pompeii
"We thoroughly enjoyed our day trip to Pompeii and Naples with LivItaly. We were met at the Rome train station by the LivItaly host and shown to our first class seats in the super fast train. Once arrived at the Naples train station, our guide Giorgio was waiting for us with typical southern italian warmth and friendliness. We then went together to Pompeii where he showed us around and gave us very interesting background and insights into this ancient city. Back in Naples, we walked around the city center and along the shoreline and stopped for a wonderful lunch of traditional neopolitan pizza. We felt we had experienced the best of this part of southern Italy on this tour and will definitely recommend!"
Roberta - USA