Market & Cicchetti Venice Food & Wine Tour | Semi-Private
LivTours Venice Food & Wine Tour is great for food lovers! You will start off in the oldest fish market in Venice, admiring the fresh displays and bustling local life. Your local expert guide will start to teach you all about Venice and its food culture as you stroll past fishmongers whose families have owned the stalls for generations. As the city can get crowded, experiencing it in a small group of a maximum of six people is an invaluable way to navigate the narrow winding streets, as well as enabling you to connect with your local guide, giving you an unforgettable experience.
Along with your experienced tour guide, you will visit two different local bars to savor the famous cicchetti, Venetian snacks, while enjoying a glass of local prosecco, sparkling white wine. After your pre-lunch snacks, you will hop on a gondolino, a small gondola and glide across the canal for a spectacular lunch of traditional local foods. This small-group tour is the perfect way to discover Venice through its food and local life!
- Explore the oldest fish market in Venice for a true taste of lively local life
- Sip a glass Prosecco as you discover the famous Venetian cicchetti treats
- Enjoy a tour with a local guide who will bring Venice to life with cultural anecdotes
- Glide across the canal on a traditional gondolino towards your lunch spot
- Savor a delicious sit-down lunch and taste the best of Venetian cuisine
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your Venice Food & Wine Tour starts at the famous Rialto Fish Market – located in the oldest and perhaps most beautiful part of the city. The market, though still slightly off the standard tourist route, was declared a UNESCO patrimony and is well worth seeing first hand. The sights and sounds from this local market is a glimpse into local life that has existed for centuries.
After you have finished admiring the plethora of fish and seafood at this canal-side market, it is time to enjoy the famous cicchetti culture of Venice. Cicchetti are traditional appetizers of fish, meat, or veggies that are normally accompanied by a drink and eaten in bacari bars. This variety of finger food is eaten throughout the day by locals from mid-morning onwards and usually consumed while chatting over a glass of wine or prosecco while standing up. Your local foodie guide will accompany you to two authentic cicchetti bars each with their own distinct feel.
Now it is time to make your way to lunch Venitian style – in a gondolino! This small gondola is the perfect way to cross the canal in style as you make your way to your wonderful sit down traditional Venetian lunch. The local cuisine is largely seafood coupled with polenta or rice with typical dishes including squid ink pasta or squid ink and polenta, creamed codfish and polenta, fresh catch of the day and veggies, or a fish risotto.
Your Venetian lunch will be the final stop on your Venice Food & Wine Tour and it is the perfect end to a foodie tour! You will have seen and tasted your way around Venice with your local expert guide, and should feel a little more in touch with what it’s like to be a true Venetian. You are guaranteed to finish this tour with big smiles, lots of pictures, and most importantly, a full stomach!
- Rialto Bridge
- Rialto Fish Market
- 2 Cicchetti stops with wine & prosecco
- Gondolino Ride
- Lunch is included in the price and is not accompanied by a guide.
- We can accommodate dietary restrictions such as vegetarian or gluten-free. Please specify your food needs under “Additional Notes” after booking.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
Delicious and fun tour of Venice
"This tour was magnificent : exploring the market (which is one of a kind ) and eating the local food was so cool. But what really made this a true stand out was Jennifer, our tour guide. While walking around and showing us the market, she listened and made suggestions that tailored this experience to my husband's and my personal interests. For instance, taking me to try octopus. She even suggested a secret of Venice that allowed us to get a breathtaking 360 view of the island making this one of my favorite tours of the trip! LivItaly impressed me and outdid itself ! I would highly recommend"
Mandy - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.