London Gin Tasting Experience | Semi-Private
Learn, laugh, and guzzle your way through London’s liquid history with a local expert. Livtours London Gin Tasting Experience is an interactive, delicious, and fascinating way to taste and discover the marvelous stories behind the iconic British tipple. Your expert guide will accompany you around the narrow cobbled streets of the city as you dive deeper into the legends and stories of a drink that has gone from rags to riches to holding its firm place as a household name across the world.
With 4 different tastings in the legendary gin parlors and historic pubs of London’s bohemian and genteel Covent Garden, you will ‘absorb’ not only the science behind the distilling process, the amusing and often dark history behind London’s gin craze but most importantly how to correctly serve and drink this seemingly simple and elegant drink.
From its humble origins it quickly became the drink of choice for the rich and poor, and a victim of its success, found in aristocratic gambling dens of west London and the poverty-stricken city’s slums of the East. Exported by the Empire and bootleg by London’s criminal underworld Gin has been immortalized in art film and literature, and the world has been thirsty and fascinated ever since.
- Sample a variety of delicious Gins from the classic to the daring
- Meander the historic streets of Londons fashionable Covent Garden
- Follow a passionate expert on a journey through Gins history & production
- Discover hidden secret spots and join the locals on a 2.5 hour tour
- Impress your guests with newly acquired knowledge of the elegant Due to thgin & tonic
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Start your London Gin Tasting Experience in London’s landmark Trafalgar square, sandwiched between the Royal district of Saint James and the financial city center is a neighborhood historically famed for excess, decadence and debauchery. SoHo’s Covent Garden is a hive of little passages and charming shopping streets that was once home to Chinatown’s opium dens, sordid theaters, and gin parlors. Your guide will navigate your way through this lively and beautiful district taking you back through 400 years of London’s history as you make your way to local pubs, get cozy and introduce the world of Gins.
From its humble medicinal origins to world-class spirit the story of Gin reflects the life and politics of its time. As you sample this uniquely clean and botanical beverage your guide will share stories of a drink that became known as “mothers ruin” how Gin’s origins lie in a truly British rivalry with the French, and how for nearly half a century even the children of London were drinking up to three pints of the stuff per week. Discover how a supposedly moralistic driven and respectable city was turned into a pit of intoxication (a reputation that has proven hard for Londoners to shake off) where after just a few years of Gins creation more than 7,000 gin bars opened up in London alone.
Dive into the past into a world of cabarets and top hats as your evening continues at elaborate, eccentric and opulent Gin Palaces and the hidden and secret historic pubs before your guide helps you navigate the alleyways of the dandy West end. Sample different pairings and learn which gins work with which garnish, how to impress friends and guests by choosing the correct mixer, and the interesting story behind the addition of Indian Tonic water to this British staple.
- Sample 4 unique gins in 4 classic locations
- Trafalgar square
- Covent garden
- Seven dials area
- Fully guided experience
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.