Hidden London Walking Tour | Private
Your Livtours Private Hidden London Walking Tour will explore the darker side of London’s history. London is a city of Royal beauty, financial power, and once the Capital of the world. Yet its past is often a dark one, with the poorest Londoners crammed into foul conditions in the shadow of the gleaming city, Londons East is a fascinating area full of old stories of plague, murder, misery, and gangland. With your very own private London guide at your side, venture into the now trendy and cosmopolitan East End to uncover the grisly past of London of Old, stopping in a traditional London Pub for a local beer to accompany more gruesome tales of life in the East End.
Wind through the narrow always in the footsteps of Jack the Ripper and stand on the sight of Europe’s largest plague pit, where the unfortunate victims of the black death were thrown in to be forgotten. Amble through the brick housed lanes of a neighborhood terrorized by the sound of air raid sirens have nazi planes rained down fire from above. Drink in pubs frequented by some of the 20th centuries most famous suited and booted gangsters. The East End is home to the most famous Londoners real and fictitious. Learn about how they shaped this iconic area, how this distinct neighborhood is so different it has its own slang/language, and most importantly the grim and dark tales that shape London’s past.
- Hear tales of the grim and the gothic, murder and misery with a private london expert
- Wind through the dark lamp lit streets of East London on a 2.5 hour private tour
- Pause in a proper East End London pub for a local beer and more grisly tales
- Follow in the footsteps of London’s most infamous visiting crime scenes & plague pits
- Discover the London of the most famous Londoners in this unique district
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Livtours Private Hidden London Walking Tour is the perfect way to properly explore the infamous East End of London with your very own personal London expert at your side. Now a fashionable and trendy area packed full of historic pubs, hipster cafes, and street art covered co-working spaces, the East End has a dark and troublesome past. Behind the young and fun facades are a world of dark alleyways, brick streets, and grisly tales of London’s dark past. Once just outside the city walls, The East End was an open sewer where the poorest of the poor scraped a living, vilified by the city dwellers and forced to live in terrible conditions, this area became popular with new immigrants arriving in London. The working classes of this area formed their own identity out of their misery and are a famous type of Londoner known as the Cockney or East Ender. Follow their struggles from times of plague, religious persecution, torture, execution, to the making of a modern murderer.
Follow a local expert on your private tour to see the most out of this fascinating neighborhood and even grab a beer at a local East End pub. Start your tour just next to Liverpool Street station and wind down the alleyways once stalked by some of the biggest names in British Crime, passing former plague pits and victorian market places, uncover the secrets and legends of some of the darkest chapters in London’s history. See real-life murder locations of the infamous East Ender Jack the Ripper, learn about the Ganglords of 1960s London the Kray Twins. There is no better way to learn about the myths, legends, and real-life horror of the past than with your very own personal London Expert with you on your very own private Hidden London Walking Tour.
- Private walking tour of East End
- Follow Jack the Rippers murderous trail
- Hear stories of WWII blitz
- Learn about Londons plague pits
- A glass of beer in a famous London pub
- Fully guided storytelling tour
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.