Full Day London Highlights Tour | Private
Get the best out of London with your Private Livtours Full Day London Highlights Tour. There is no better way to see a city so full of landmarks, monuments, secrets, and stories than with a local expert by your side, On your Private Full Day London Highlights Tour, you will not only get to see all the main sights the city has to offer, you will have expert insider advice, knowledge and fascinating stories behind the wonderful sights.
No need to stress about the organisation of tickets, transport, and navigation, relax and have your very own local guide you across the city in luxury and style. London is a gigantic city with so much to see but with your full-day private tour, we make sure you won’t miss a thing. The tour includes some of the must see attractions and locations in the city from Fashionable Covent garden, Trafalgar square, Changing of the Guard, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, Thames River Cruise, and The Tower of London.
- Get the most out of London on a Full day tour with your very own private local expert
- Relax as you see sight after sight with transport, navigation & tickets taken care of
- From East to West see all the best sights London has to offer with expert tour guide
- Avoid the crowds with the best spot to witness the spectacular Changing of the Guard
- Uncover the history of a city that's older than 2000 years all in one fun filled day
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your Private Full Day London Highlights Tour Starts in a charming and elegant Covent Garden, famous for its shopping, covered market, street performers, and incredible architecture. Follow your guide through this exciting and bustling neighborhood and gather tips and advice on where to eat, drink, and what shows to see later that night. Pass the incredibly iconic Trafalgar square to hear anecdotes of London past and present, from the Napoleonic war hero Nelson, who sits on top of the squares column, to the inspiration for Walt Disney’s Mary Poppins, the area is one of the bustling centers of London. Weave past the crowds and enter the Royal district for a lesser-known better view to witness the Changing of the Guard, this world-famous Royal ceremony is often swarmed with visitors who make the easy mistake of rushing to the palace gates for what they think will be the best viewing spot. Follow your local expert to ensure your private group gets one of the best views before marching on to the Political center of Great Britain Westminster.
You will have the chance to see Marvel and the grand gothic medieval masterpiece of Westminster Abbey, the location where every British monarch has been crowned for over 1000 years, head past the Houses of Parliament, the functioning ‘palace’ of British democracy uncovering explosive tales of gunpowder plots to kill the king, Winston Churchill, and why the great clock tower is known as Big Ben. Filled with facts and great photos, your local guide will take you down the river for sight after sight on a river cruise to your final destination, the Tower of London. Arriving at the tower from the water is relaxing, comfortable, and luxurious, though it was not always so, arriving at the tower by water to Traitors gate was reserved only for politicians, rebels, and queens whose fate was to execution or to rot in the Prison. Leave no stone uncovered and explore all the best of London old and new on this all-encompassing Private Full Day London Highlights Tour.
Travelers who wish to upgrade can add a guided visit with pre-reserved skip the line tickets inside either Westminster abbey or Churchill’s War Rooms for an additional fee at booking. Please keep in mind that this will add an extra 45 to 60 minutes to the duration of the tour.
- Covent garden
- Trafalgar square
- Westminster city
- Changing of the Guard (or Horse Guards Parade)
- Buckingham palace (from outside)
- Westminster Abbey (from outside)
- Churchills war rooms (from outside)
- 10 Downing St (from outside)
- Big Ben (from outside)
- Thames river cruise
- Tower of London entrance tickets
- Option to add-on entrance to Westminster abbey
- Option to add-on entrance to Chuchills war rooms
- Fully guided experience
- The British authorities reserves the right to change the modify or cancel the Changing of the Guards ceremony without notice in the case of wet weather and other official events. Under these conditions, the British army usually will not give final notice of cancellation until 10 minutes prior to the planned time. In such cases, your guide will modify the tour to include an alternative Parade where possible, and share more highlights of Westminster area.
- In the case of heavy rain, you will see a wet change (guards marching without music).
- Please note that if you book your tour on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday, you’ll experience the change of the Household Cavalry.
- For the Changing of the Guard ceremony, we do not stand by the Buckingham palace gates. The crowds swarm there hours in advance, only to find they can only see the very end of the parade all while being crushed by the masses. Instead, we take you to the best spots only the locals know, and actually walk along with the parade! This way you see the absolute most there is to see, and it’s a much more enjoyable experience.
- We highly recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes for this tour.
LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel, and we are proud to be at the forefront of change and innovation in the industry. LivTours is committed to providing travelers with truly sustainable tours with the lowest possible environmental impact, all while supporting the local industries and people of each unique destination. To learn more about how you can actively support sustainable tourism and how LivTours is contributing, click here.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable. *Some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Best London experience
"My wife and I and our son, age 13, really enjoyed this tour. It was the best way to see the highlights of London (which we had never visited before) and learn about its history and all that has contributed to the London we know today. Extremely interesting stories which our guide, Richard, was great at recounting. Connected with our son right from the beginning so that, at the end of our trip, our son said that this tour was definitely the best London experience that he had had."
Darwin - Australia
the Best of London
"Very good tour with an excellent guide. Well organized, comfortable pace, saw everything we wanted to see. Enjoyed spending the day in the company of our guide and driver."
Nelson - USA
Excellent tour of the city highlights
"This is an excellent tour. We felt we were given a very comprehensive overview of the highlights of the city. We were accompanied by a very expert guide who was also extremely warm and friendly. We wanted to see as much of London as possible in the one day we had set aside for tourism and this tour enable us to do just that in a personal and very relaxed manner. We will definitely recommend."
Warren - USA
By selecting Choose Dates Later / Buy as Gift at booking, any tour can be purchased without fixed dates. This is the perfect option if you want to purchase your tour as a gift for a loved one, or if you are in the pre-planning phase of your vacation. After booking, you will receive a Travel Voucher Code and full instructions on how to schedule your tours when ready. Once your travel plans are confirmed, you can easily use the Travel Voucher Code on the LivTours website to formally schedule your tours. You can find out more here.