Exclusive Private St Mark’s Basilica Tour at Night
LivTours’ St. Mark’s Basilica Tour at Night offers you an opportunity to see one of Venice’s most popular sites after hours. This means no crowds, no waiting, and completely unobstructed views of the art and architecture within this spectacular Basilica. The interior of St. Mark’s is one of the most ornate and decorated spaces in all of Venice, and your private guide is your key to seeing all that there is to see without the noise or distractions during regular visiting hours.
The eerie yet ethereal glow and sparkle of the dim lighting and the brilliant gold mosaics will set the stage, but the rest of the spectacle is all around you via open floors, close views of priceless statues and a rare study of the Pala d’oro without other tour groups filing in front of you to catch a glimpse. Rarer still is a visit to the Basilica’s crypts. This area of the Basilica has very restricted access and has an incredible history including housing the most important relic of Venice, the remains of St. Mark!
- Explore Venice's St. Mark’s Basilica by night with VIP access and expert guide
- See the Basilica’s ancient golden mosaics as they sparkle and shine by moonlight
- Visit highlights like the Pala d’oro and the crypts, normally closed to visitors
- Learn the meanings and stories behind the art and designs without the crowds
- Reserve now and enjoy an all-access and exclusive experience for LivTours travelers
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours’ St. Mark’s Basilica Tour at Night meets after regular hours when the crowds have dispersed and you are ready to make your entrance. But before you do, take a look at a priceless piece of art hidden in plain sight, the famous Tetrarchs sculpture. Featuring four Roman emperors and made of red porphyry – a type of marble that was incredibly valuable and scarce even in antiquity – learn about the long story behind this sculpture and why it is where it is today.
Your expert guide will take you inside this architectural marvel via a side entrance. It will be dark, but this is just preparing you for the grand reveal. To visit St. Mark’s Basilica is already a special experience, but to see it by night, without the crowds thanks to exclusive after hours access is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Imagine that once upon a time only royalty had this kind of privilege! You will be immediately struck by the ethereal sparkle and glow of the extensive, ancient mosaic tiles that adorn 43,000 square feet of the interior of the Basilica.
Having a full view of the church will allow you to see more than simply the incredible ceiling decor but also the remarkable and stunning floors. You will be fascinated with the diversity in themes: doves, griffins, peacocks, geometric patterns, eagles, and even dogs. Your guide will help you find the meanings and inspiration behind these seemingly mysterious designs.
Among the countless works of art housed inside St. Mark is the priceless altarpiece known as the Pala d’oro. A Byzantine masterpiece, this golden high altar features – thousands of pearls, emeralds, and other gemstones. By moonlight it’s sparkle is heavenly.
Your Night Tour of St. Mark will also take you somewhere that is normally restricted, the Crypts. The Holy Crypts inside St. Mark have survived centuries of flooding, and house the remains of very important past Venetians and most importantly the body of St. Mark himself.
This Night Tour grants you the best atmosphere possible to explore one of Venice’s most important historical sites. Magical, spectacular, and inspiring. Book today!
- St Mark's Basilica VIP After-hours access
- Mosaics and Facade introduction
- Golden Mosaic ceilings
- Pala d'Oro special viewing
- Crypt under Altar
- Fully guided experience
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- St. Mark’s and other churches have dress code requirements for entry. Tank tops, short dresses, and mini-skirts are not permitted. Shorts or dresses must be knee-length. Shoulders must be covered (a scarf wrap is allowed).
- Backpacks and large bags are not permitted inside the Basilica.
- Photography is not allowed inside the Basilica.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, you are required to wear a mask for the entire duration of the tour. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
St Mark's Basilica
"Our private night tour of St Mark's Basilica in Venice was superb. Our guide Maria was exceptionally knowledgeable and a lovely person. St Mark's is like no other and the insights that Maria shared with us will be remembered for a long time. Thank you Maria"
Muriel - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.