Early Morning Private Sagrada Familia Tour
LivTours Private Sagrada Familia Tour is an excellent way to see the most visited monument in Spain. An early start means missing the crowds, enjoying the solitude of being some of the very first people to enter the basilica. Your expert local guide will give you a more in-depth understanding of the unique architecture, the history behind this almost finished basilica as well as share the plethora of symbolism. Your guide will also allow you plenty of time to take photographs of the stunning stained glass window interior.
Your guide will be waiting for you just next to the very best vantage point for admiring the basilica from the ground. A project that was started by a poor shopkeeper in the 1870s by collecting anonymous contributions, the basilica is entering its final stages of construction while still being built by private donations. You will find out who the first architect was and how Gaudi came to be in charge of one of the most admired buildings in the world. His creativity knew no bounds and the final construction will host 18 bell towers with the tallest one reaching the dizzying height of 187.5 meters, just over 6,000 feet. The interior is a jaw-dropping homage to the art of stained glass and architecture which broke the molds.
After you have had time to admire the interior, you will take an elevator up 19 stories to the top of one of the bell towers. Offering phenomenal views at various lookout points as you make your way down the 410 stairs is an experience never to be forgotten.
- Enjoy skip the line early access entrance to Gaudi’s masterpiece, la Sagrada Familia
- Experience the luxury of a private tour with just your party and your expert guide
- Marvel at the architectural details of la Sagrada Familia with your local expert guid
- Admire the stunning views from atop of one of the bell towers open to the public
- Discover Spain’s most visited monument in this captivating 2 hour tour
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your Private Sagrada Familia Tour begins with meeting your guide at the best vantage point for seeing the basilica from street level. The soft morning light is perfect for taking photographs of the most visited monument in Spain. Your expert guide will start your private visit by sharing with you the history of how the idea of a simple bookshop keeper became a reality over 150 years ago.
You will find out how Gaudi turned the first architect’s plans on their head by depicting the story of The Bible on the façades of the basilica. The façade showing the story of Jesus during his time on Earth hosts over 300 animals and people and faces East – the direction which is the start of every day. The opposite façade shows the story of Easter with the 12 biblical stories that lead up to the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. Your expert guide will tell you about the main façade, dedicated to the Final Judgment and the Glory of God, and why it is not yet decorated. Gaudi was a deeply religious man, using symbolism throughout his designs and your expert guide will give you greater insight into that symbolism, as well as the unique architectural feats.
Once inside, admire the tenuous morning light beaming through the colorful stained glass windows as you soak up the atmosphere of the magical stone forest created by Gaudi. Your guide will allow you time to roam freely to take all photographs you would like before meeting up again to ascend 19 stories to the top of one of the bell towers. As you make your way down the bell tower, you will be able to admire unparalleled aerial views of the city, as well as see the details of the façade at arm’s length, as well as the current construction.
Come enjoy a morning of solitude and amazing architecture with LivTours!
- Privileged early morning access
- Intro of both Sagrada's History of exterior
- Detailed explanation of the doors and entries
- Sagrada Familia main floor
- Tower access and climb (weather permitting)
- Offered in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Please specify under “Additional notes” if you wish to book the tour in a language other than English.
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- There is no photography allowed in some or all areas of this tour.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people*. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.
*Our Tuscan motorcycle tour and some Ferrari private experiences are inclusive of one person only.
Make your day even more unique and comfortable by upgrading your tour with a customizable LivTours optional add on!
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols. More information can be found in the voucher you will receive upon booking your tour/s.
We definitely recommend this tour
"We were very pleased with our tour of the Sagrada Familia with LivSpain's guide, Maria. She was an excellent guide and very personable. Accessing the church in the early morning is also well worth whatever difficulties you might have getting there early. We entered before the main crowds and had the chance to explore and admire the architecture in complete comfort. "
Carl - UK
5 star tour of the Sagrada Familia
"How many times had we seen the Sagrada Familia cathedral in art and coffee table books! Believe me, to see it in real life, is breathtaking!!! If you are like us and want to understand the history of this masterpiece and what influenced this particular style, we can highly recommend that you take LivSpain's tour. We were particulary happy that we had booked an early morning entrance as we were able to wonder around and really appreciate this marvelous creation without too many other people around. "
Bernard - UK
"Our family of 4 booked this tour with LivSpain so that we could understand better the (somewhat contorted) history of this world-famous place and about Gaudi's life and works. On both counts, we were completely satisfied. Great tour! Thanks!"
Diana and fam - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.