Breakfast in the Vatican & Museums Highlights | Semi-Private Tour
Enjoy early entrance to the Vatican Museums on this semi-private tour, which includes a delicious breakfast in the Vatican. Savour the empty peace and tranquility over a delicious and very special breakfast, the papal buffet, before the doors open to the general public. Your Vatican breakfast includes morning favorites such as eggs, classic sweet pastries, delicious pancakes, and the best Italian cappuccino made with milk from the Pope’s herd of cows. After breakfast, your guide will show you the Vatican’s magnificent collections of ancient treasures, and the Renaissance wonders of Raphael and Michelangelo, ending in the majestic St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Enjoy a VIP buffet breakfast in the Vatican with no crowds, no lines
- Explore the highlights of the Vatican Museums with an expert guide
- Admire the magnificent collection of ancient statues like the Apollo and Laocoön
- See the amazing tapestries and frescos by Raphael
- Marvel at Michelangelo’s frescos in the Sistine Chapel and end in St Peter’s Basilica
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Meet your expert guide bright and early outside the Vatican Museums for an exclusive semi-private tour of the Vatican collection with a delicious VIP Papal Buffet Breakfast. Your exclusive early entry means no waiting in any lines, and you’ll enjoy the calm and quiet of the courtyard before other visitors arrive.
Your breakfast is a true feast! A magnificent Papal buffet with a huge selection of eggs, pancakes, pastries, juices, coffee – the works. Your guide will tell you about the special treats, made exclusively for the Vatican – and the origin of the milk (yes – direct from the papal herd of cows, or as we like to call them, the holy cows). After an hour for breakfast, your guide will take you and your small group of no more than six people, ahead of the crowds, through the Vatican Museums – stopping to admire the amazing, priceless collection of ancient statuary created over two thousand years ago.
You’ll see the Belvedere Courtyard with the famous Apollo and Laocoon statues, the vast porphyry bathtub that purportedly belonged to Emperor Nero, the frescoed ceilings, and well-preserved statues of the deities Diana of Ephesus and the young Bachus in the Gallery of the Candelabra. You’ll be able to see the exquisite details on the Raphael tapestries and be wowed by the opulent gallery of maps.
Learn about the life and talent of Raphael in the rooms he painted for the Warrior Pope Julius II, and then walk down through the Borgia apartments to the piece de resistance – the Sistine Chapel. Here you’ll be able to wonder at the dazzling frescoes on the Ceiling and Last Judgement by the one and only Michelangelo.
Lastly, enjoy the exclusive exit from the Chapel, reserved for guided tours that leads straight to the magnificent St Peter’s Basilica – the largest church in the world, built atop the grave of St Peter, the first pope, and filled with awe-inspiring treasures from Bernini’s baldachino to the mosaics on the dome – designed by Michelangelo. End inside to continue exploring at your own leisure, or let your guide show you out.
- Early Vatican entrance
- VIP breakfast buffet
- Fully guided experience
- Vatican Highlights
- Raphael Rooms
- Sistine Chapel
- Saint Peter's Basilica & Square
- Places of worship have strict dress code requirements for entry. All participants are required to have shoulders and knees covered (no tank tops or short dresses) to enter.
- Vatican management maintains the right to delay the opening of the Sistine Chapel for religious reasons, in this case the guide will modify the itinerary and extend your visit of the museums to ensure you make the most of your time before access to the Sistine Chapel is permitted.
- There is no photography allowed in the Sistine chapel, and all other artwork can only be photographed without flash.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is an active church and can be closed unexpectedly for liturgical ceremonies. If closed, the time inside the Vatican Museums will be extended.
- Saint Peter’s Basilica is closed on most Wednesdays mornings due to the weekly Papal Audience. If you book this tour for a Wednesday the time inside the Vatican Museums will be extended.
- Please be aware that the Sistine Chapel is a Holy Place and talking during your visit inside is strictly forbidden, therefore your guide will give you an explanation of the Sistine Chapel beforehand during your tour, in order to give you a comprehensive explanation before entering the chapel.
- Backpacks are not permitted in the Museum.
- ABOUT OUR 6 PEOPLE SMALL GROUP POLICY
When you book a LivItaly Small Group Tour, you are guaranteed one tour guide per group of 6 people. Please bear in mind though that in order to accommodate traveling families and friends, we do on rare occasion make the exception of adding an additional one to two guests in order not to split groups who are traveling together. On that same note, you may find yourself on tour with less than six people. As we accept bookings in multiples of six, math doesn’t always work in our favor to help accommodate individual travelers and their families when on the same tour, so we hope you understand and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel, and we are proud to be at the forefront of change and innovation in the industry. LivTours is committed to providing travelers with truly sustainable tours with the lowest possible environmental impact, all while supporting the local industries and people of each unique destination. To learn more about how you can actively support sustainable tourism and how LivTours is contributing, click here.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Outstanding Vatican and St Paul's experience with David of LivItaly Yours
"WOW, where do we begin? The Vatican tour with breakfast was incredible. David, our tour guide, had a background in both civil engineering and art history. He also knew so much information on the Catholic faith which made him the perfect guide for the Vatican. We learned so much and he was able to answer every question of ours. The breakfast was amazing, not rushed in any way, but it also was short enough to give us enough time to see the Vatican Museum with no crowd. The food was high quality, tasted very good, and the portions were perfect."
Lillian L - United States
By selecting Choose Dates Later / Buy as Gift at booking, any tour can be purchased without fixed dates. This is the perfect option if you want to purchase your tour as a gift for a loved one, or if you are in the pre-planning phase of your vacation. After booking, you will receive a Travel Voucher Code and full instructions on how to schedule your tours when ready. Once your travel plans are confirmed, you can easily use the Travel Voucher Code on the LivTours website to formally schedule your tours. You can find out more here.