Borough Market Tour | Semi-Private Brunch Experience
Explore the belly of London with your Livtour’s Borough Market Tour and taste some of the best the city has to offer, from fresh produce to tantalizing street snacks, you will leave full of fascinating facts, fabulous food, and in-depth knowledge of the history of British food old and new! With artisanal producers providing the market with the best of British you will taste a legendary English breakfast, the voted, best fish and chips in the city, hearty and comforting sausage rolls, award-winning cheeses, and much much more. Visit the oldest market in a city with a rich, complex, and controversial reputation for its food.
Learn more about the history of British food as you taste your way around the market understanding and debunking some of the myths surrounding the cuisine of this island and discover the rebirth of modern British cooking. Once the center of the world ships from all over the British empire bought spices, ingredients and new tastes from afar, for hundreds of years British food has absorbed techniques and tricks from around the world making its cuisine unique though often misunderstood. Uncover a market that showcases some of the best the city has to offer and discover how and why London is one of the food capitals of the world. With our small group tours of under 6 wander through the vibrant marketplace eating drinking till your heart’s content.
- Devour the best of British, from world class favorites to up and coming producers
- Learn about the fascinating history and transport back into to London’s oldest market
- Eat and drink must try classics from famous Fish and Chips to lesser known local trea
- Feel a part of the UK’s food revolution with a small group tour of under 6
- Eat like a Londoner with a local expert on the best the city has to offer
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Livtours Semi-Private Borough Market Tour is the perfect way to taste, experience, discover foodie paradise and local favorite Borough Market. With groups of just under 6 your Borough market Food tour is a personal and great way to learn about British food, the history of the area, and about good quality and locally sourced British products. Tucked between London bridge and hidden under the victorian railway arches, that tear through the heart of London lies the city’s oldest market. A true institution set up by farmers offering the city a taste of the countryside from as early as the 11th century. Borough has survived Plague, fire, war, recession and still stands open today as a testament to its strength.
Follow a local Londoner and learn about the famous meals you’ve been dying to try as well meeting the producers, and learning the stories behind them and their country. From the UK’s most famous export, Fish&Chips to its booming Cheese scene, the perfect breakfast sandwich to tasting something indulgent and meaty at London’s number one butchers. try familiar and new beverages to wash down the 5-course meal you will enjoy as you make your way from street stall to restaurant to bar. Borough Market offers a sight into the past while looking ahead to the future of British food. With hundreds of stalls offering unique and fascinating delights from old classics to new spins on firm favorites, there is something for everyone.
The UK is undergoing a huge renaissance in its cuisine and at the front of it is the demand for great produce. Borough Market is the city’s capital, showcasing just how good honest quality food is. Don’t miss out on this London gem and join your expert guide on a culinary adventure around one of the most exciting parts of the city.
- Try a wide variety of British favourites
- Wine, beer or cider to accompany
- Full brunch experience
- Fully guided tour
- While this tour can be adapted for vegetarians, please be aware that it can not accommodate vegans or those with lactose or gluten intolerance.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.