Borough Market Food Tour | Private Brunch Experience
Explore the belly of London with your Livtour’s private Borough Market food Tour and taste the best the city has to offer, street food to gourmet restaurants, fill up on fascinating facts, unforgettable food, and local and in-depth knowledge on the history of British food old and new! Walk with a local expert and wander through a market famed with Londoners and tourists alike, meet the producers, and enjoy the market in VIP style on your private tour.
Taste some of the best artisanal produce possible, from legendary English breakfasts to voted best fish and chips in the UK, succulent and comforting sausage rolls, and small scale cheese producers. The Market combines old and new and serves up a true taste of the British Isles. Visit the oldest market in a city with a rich, complex, and controversial reputation for its food. Uncover the history of British food as you eat your way around the market debunking some of the popular myths surrounding the dishes of this island and discover the renaissance of modern British dining. Once the center of an empire. Cargo from all over the British empire bought spices, cuisines, and flavors from all over the world, for centuries British food has blended techniques and tastes from afar and created a unique cuisine. The nation’s strong international reputation was toppled following the second world war, the new face of this once culinary giant. Journey into central London and discover how and why London is now once again one of the food capitals of the world. With your private tour and local guide wander through the hustle and bustle of the marketplace eating and drinking in style.
- Discover the best of British, from firm favourites to up new local producers
- Dine like a local with a London expert by your side on your private 3.5 hour tour
- Hear about the areas wonderful history and be transport back into to London’s oldest
- Try classics from legendary Fish and Chips to lesser known local treats
- Join the UK’s food revolution at the center of the movement in London’s Borough Mark
- Eat like a Londoner with your foodie expert on your private Borough market experience
Exclusive private Tours and Experiences. Also offered in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
On your Private Livtours Borough Market food tour experience, discover and eat through a culinary paradise in luxury across London’s oldest and favorite market. Accompanied by your very own private expert your Borough market Food tour is personal and a great way to learn about UK food, the history of the area, and about good quality and locally sourced British products. Nestled under the brick train arches of London Bridge station, perched on the banks of the Thames you will find London’s oldest market. An institution for foodies all over the country. Originally set up in the 1100s with traveling tradesmen bringing a taste of the countryside to city dwellers, the market still stands surviving fire, pestilence, war, and recession. In true British fashion, the market has redeveloped and reinvented itself and is as popular as before.
Follow your guide and taste the famous dishes you’ve wanted to discover meeting organic producers and learning about how their food shapes the nation. From the famous to the local secrets from fish and chips to cheese and cider pairings, which makes the perfect breakfast ‘Sarnie’ to indulge in the best meat pastry at London’s number one butchers. Sip on familiar and unheard of drinks to go with your 5-course adventure as you sample, devour and guzzle from the stall, to bar to restaurant. Borough Market offers a sight into the past while looking ahead to the future of British food. With plenty of stalls showcases unique treats from old classics to quirky reinventions, there is something for all.
- Try a wide variety of British favourites
- Wine, beer or cider to accompany
- Full brunch experience
- Private guided tour
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, change, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to Covid-19 safety regulations, museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
When you book a LivTours Private Tour or Experience, you are guaranteed a dedicated, expert guide that allows you the flexibility to start your tour at a time which is convenient for you, making planning easy. Our private tours ensure that you will get a tailored experience to meet all your needs so we go at your pace, perfect for families with younger children, elderly, or individuals with accessibility needs. Please be advised that all private tours begin at a base price starting at two people. Prices are inclusive of entry tickets where applicable.